By Grabthar's Hammer

Bing Bangboom
By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Worvan, you shall be avenged.
Sir Alexander Dane, Galaxy Quest

  It all started out as a normal night in minerbumping.  We were merrily posting killmails and quotes from bot aspirants when a fairly normal killmail caught my attention.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56603714/

  I don't know what it was that made me look further into the corporation of the gankee.  Maybe it was the odd name.  Maybe something Guy said.  Maybe it was my Agenty sense.  In any case, I looked.

  I like corps that really put a lot of work into their corp descriptions.  Fliegenbub Industries is a highly organized group of miners and industrialists, 30 of them approximately, with dreams of carving out a piece of Eve for themselves.  They have a leadership structure based on military examples learned by the current CEO while he served in the U.S. Navy.  Thanks for your service, MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge (not his real name).  But there was one thing that really caught my eye.  They had the friendly fire option set to "legal".

  I was still researching (and pondering) when word poured in that Guybertini's gank target had struck back!  Gathering a small fleet they had ambushed our Agent in a nearby system and blasted his Catalyst with their vengeful fury.  Although CONCORD did most of the work so I suspect it was just vulching off his next gank.  In any case, revenge was definitely called for.  Guybertini is famously easy going and just shrugged it off as he moved on to his next educational opportunity.  Those of you who know me know that I, on the other hand, carry a grudge.  Since I had no current grudge of my own, I seized upon Guys and set things into motion.

Guy, Guy, maybe you're the plucky comic relief. You ever think about that?
Fred Kwan, Galaxy Quest

  Reaching into my bag of tricks I brought out the hibernating Thomist Faithure!  Last seen at the destruction of the U.S.A.T.O worm hole POS (which was rapidly followed by the final destruction of U.S.A.T.O itself, see "Inferno") he had been shelved by myself awaiting another opportunity to join a corporation begging for New Order instruction.

 And so, I sent off my app.  Which oddly enough, I don't seem to have retained a copy of.  No matter!  We'll pickup where the Boss (I always call the CEOs "Boss", it seems to make them all protective of me) replied.

--------------------------------
Corp Application
From: Thomist Faithure
To: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge

CEO Meister,

I was also in the Navy and have been out about six years. Carrier based stuff for a while, then overseas logistics and finally Pentagon.

I'm mostly interested in getting involved with people who are actually doing different things in Eve so I can see both how to do things and to see what is worth doing. All without having to spend a lot of time on fruitless attempts to do something that is either harder or less valuable than my initial guess. My last corp was supposed to show me some of this but was kind of focused on one thing which wasn't what I was interested in.

I want to participate in corp activities and I don't expect anyone to finance me. In fact, I kind of want to be responsible for my own ISK production as I see it as a core learning requirement for the game. So, I'm not looking for anyone to provide me ships or stuff. Just a chance to be part of ops so I can learn.

I've played off and on for time I've been subscribed. Managed to keep the training que filled even when I wasn't doing much in game so I have some abilities trained up already. Each time I was less active was because my corpmates disappeared on me but each thing I've done has been VERY worthwhile. Your corp looked like someplace I could continue my progress, and if you guys stay around, I'll be there.

I'm interested in joining if you send the invite.

Thom

  Yes, yes.  The first part is true.  I flew off carriers (several of them actually) back in my Navy days.  Then did that other stuff.  But if you read between the lines you can see that, technically, the rest is true too.  For Thom anyway.  Its just how you read it.  In any case, he bought it.

--------------------------------
From: Thomist Faithure
To: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge

CEO Meister

I've accepted the invitation. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

I'm a little older than you. I was on the USS America and the USS T Roosevelt. I was actually in Wing One.

Moving my stuff to HQ. Might take me a while to get everything centralized.

Thom

If you don't know Navy terms he was enlisted in the Navy and worked on the carrier deck as did his wife.  He was one of the guys I kept trying to avoid running over as we taxied around under his direction.  Top of the heap guys in my opinion.  Kept me from taxing off the side of the ship when moving around at night.  But not Code compliant so I set my warm feelings aside and proceeded.

  But first, I had some virtue signalling to do.
By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Guybertini

Guy,

On Oct 15 you confiscated some illegal mining equipment in Jel.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56603386/

Shortly thereafter, the illegal miner joined with other highsec flotsam and destroyed your Catalyst.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/56603714/

Now, I'm not criticizing. Other Agents may be invincible but that kind of thing happens to me too.

Still, I found the corp description interesting and I fired off an app to the CEO utilizing my harmless looking alt. I was able to successfully completely the intense application interview and am now a full member of Fliegenbub Industries. I am in the process of becoming an important and trusted part of the finely tuned industrial machine it has deployed and expect to move up rapidly as I am an ideal corp member in terms of Eve experience and innovative leadership and emergent gameplay. Basically, I don't yet know what I am going to do.

If all goes well I intend to transform this hive of bot aspirancy into a fully Code compliant organization. Failing that, I intend to leave it as an example to others of the price of resistance. Once they realize the what's happened to them I will gladly invoke your Catalyst loss as the, uh, catalyst, of their demise. And I'll send you the 9 million ISK for it confiscated from their illegal hoard.

As a side bet, I will bet you one share in the New Order that you won't gank my alt during this evolution. Good luck!

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing

  Which reminds me, I need to send Guy his 9 million ISK.  Well, he accepted our side bet and made a typical Guy response to the whole deal.

-------------------------------
From: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge
To: Thomist Faithure
INBOX
Remove Label

Welcome aboard!

Congradulations on your acceptance to Fliegenbub Industries. My name is MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge the corp CEO. We are excited to have you as part of our team. Our Headquarters is located at Ardene VIII - Moon 11 - Center for Advanced Studies School. Please make your way there as soon as you can so you can start joining in our team efforts!

If you did not provide the information in your application please message me through Eve Mail and let me know the following.

1. Time zone and location of play
2. Primary language
3. Desires for the game. What parts do you enjoy, or want to learn? Mining, industry, combat, etc?
4. What you hope to gain from the corp?

You industry commander is Jude Maulerant Please contact him for any more info on the industry needs for the corp.

Our Transportation Officer is Devious Monkey If you need any help relocating please contact him and he will help you out.

Again, welcome to the team and please let us know what we can do to make your position on the team more rewarding.

V/r

Meister,

I'm just jazzed about being on the show, man.
Guy Fleegman, Galaxy Quest
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Super Perforator
At last another Bing epic! :)
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Bing Bangboom
Sir Alexander Dane: Could they be the miners?
Fred Kwan: Sure, they're like three years old.
Sir Alexander Dane: MINERS, not MINORS.
Fred Kwan: You lost me.

  Once in the corp I set about determining who and how many active players there were, where they were located and what their respective skill levels were.  While moving my assets to the corp home system of Ardene,  I inventoried corp assets, both those available to me and unavailable and got the feel of normal corp routine.  One thing that I especially was interested in was the prevailing corporation attitude towards the New Order and The Code.  I found it sorely lacking in both respect and compliance...

Lessons Learned

From: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge
To: Fliegenbub Industries [FLIE]

Gents,

Last night we had some unfortunate events at our Mining op. We were being scouted by Uncle Flacco and one of our miners engaged with his drones. While Flacco was suspect while the engagement started, the engagement did trigger the "Limited Engagement Timer." Which is basically the same thing as accepting a duel. Flacco flew away in his scout ship and returned in a larger PVP Combat ship, and while having combat rights because of the engagement timer, took out our mining barge, and the pilots capsuel. Durring this engagement another pilot attempted to use an ECM burst charge to knoco Flacco's targets off, to allow the first pilot the chance to warp away. This burst charge inadvertenly hit another miner in the belt, who was not part of the engagement. The pilot who activated the burst charge was subsequently taken out by CONCORD for acts of agression.

Things to remember for future mining ops.

1. If you engage a scout, dock until the limited engagement timer is up, so they can't return in a larger ship and take you out.

2. Burst charges can and will do friendly fire and could result in CONCORD intervention.

Unfortunately the total loss of ship this evening exceeded the amount of ICE we were able to bring in before we canceled the op. So there was no profit to be shared this time.

For the OP this weekend, we will hold it Sunday evening. I was free both days, but some IRL issues came up and I will be occupied tonight. I look forward to seeing everyone there. Take care and have a good weekend.

/r
Meister

  Both Guybertini and Uncle Flacco were despised by the entire corp, top to bottom and their popping into system were opportunities for the older members to disparage CODE. in the presence of the newer, not-yet-corrupted newlings.  It may be interesting to note that Eve Zkillboard does not corroborate the story above as it shows no record of Uncle Flacco killing a mining barge of FLIE during the time discussed.  So, the whole thing is a combination of confusion and collumniation.  Carebears....

   But, back to our story.

    At the time of joining the corp, my preferred PvP ship was the Ishkur.  Completely trained to fly the Tech II version of the assault frigate, I had not actually had the opportunity to use it against U.S.A.T.O as my damage in that evolution was more of the "open the door and invite in the barbarians, ie Bing" type than actually shooty shoot.  Of course, to FLIE, I was a noob who could barely find the undock button so I also dug around the old hanger and found a Ishtar which I loaded with Tech I and Hob Is so I looked as low skilled as I purported to be.  I also brought over a Venture to indicate my noob mining skills.  Actually, in this case, it also reflected my ACTUAL mining skills as the CEO and I found out in our discussions of how long it would take for me to be able to fly a Covetor or Procurer.  It wasn't insignificant.  I didn't notice at the time but my Venture's name was NO which nobody seemed to "get" until it was, as they say, "too late".  I had to wait until there was no one around to notice when I snuck my Tech II ship in but got in unnoticed.  My fleet was complete.  It was also completely inadequate.

  So, here I am in Ardene with my Venture, Ishtar and a hauler I brought to support moving my ore around.  I make my appearance near some of our miners, in my Venture, and the CEO immediately starts working on me to up my game.  Since I couldn't even fit a mining upgrade there was much room for improvement.  My mail was filled with suggested fittings, with the "damage types" bio filler so popular with carebears and a really nice training plan that I had no actual interest in doing as I had focused on something a bit larger (more to come on that).  I also was invited to participate in the corp PI project with appropriate skill books provided (that I promptly shit-canned) and was told to not process my own ore as I had crap for skills (my words, not the Boss's).  Checking in the corp hanger I found I had no access to anything of note other than the mostly empty public corp hanger where I did have my choice of some tech I ships, a bunch of different kinds of tech I drones and assorted junk from npc drops.

  I warped over to the POS and couldn't open the fuel hanger (curses, foiled again!) or anything else for that matter.  Not even the ship hanger.  I mildly registered my complaint to the Boss who informed me it was more a matter of not knowing how to assign access to various things to various members combined with a (prudent) reluctance to give everyone access to everything and he and the corp brain trust were working on it.  I sent him a link that showed how to do it (Hey, I found this.  Don't know what it means but it seems to be what you are looking for.  Signed, the noob)  and I eventually got into the SHA, the reprocessing array and the compression array.  Since the SHA was empty even I was unable to come up with a way to wreck mayhem with these three.

  Well, it turns out that I could get the Covetor and Procurer skills I needed with a couple days of training and, with the short hit and run option eliminated, I decided it was going to have to be the long game and a-skillin' I did go.  See that comment about the Sunday op in the above email?  This was a corp mining op and I was expected to fly a Covetor for the collection of high-sec ores for some carebear mining mission thing.  I got the skill enough and was issued a shiny new Covetor (on loan).  The appointed time arrived and in exemplary New Order fashion I was on time.  I was the only one on time.  But eventually the rest showed up, we fleeted up and warped wildly around the system following the FC who couldn't decide which asteroid belt we were going to rape.  Eventually we all got in the same one and started mining.

Could you possibly try NOT to hit EVERY SINGLE ONE?
Sir Alexander Dane, Galaxy Quest

  I know it didn't look very newbish but I couldn't help myself.  I orbitted the rock at max laser range, I put out my hob Is for show and, except for when I got stuck on an asteroid I made myself the least attractive gank target of the four Covetors mining in the fleet.  The rest sat motionless in what I can only assume they teach in the NPE as "mining stance".  I watched local for the appearance of Guybertini coming to win his bet.... And then I saw her.

  The Boss brought her out.  In all her whaley glory, the corp Orca entered the asteroid belt and began scooping up the ore cans we had been tossing out.  My Covetor only had the one mid-slot so I couldn't fit a passive targeter and ship scanner but even without that I knew my Ishkur wasn't up to the task.  I needed something bigger.  I had nothing bigger.  I needed more ship, more skill and since it wasn't happening tonight, more time to prepare for harpooning the pride of FLIE.  Once again, I would have to wait.

Whoever wrote this episode should DIE.
Gwen DeMarco, Galaxy Quest

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Bing Bangboom

[Reading a tactical display]

Guy Fleegman: Hey guys, there's a red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy.

Jason Nesmith: What?

Guy Fleegman: Red-thingy moving toward the green-thingy. I think we're the green-thingy.

  When I left off on my last installment I had established myself as an up-and-coming but hopelessly noobish Miner (Rank 1) of the Code-shy corporation of Fliegenbub Industries.  The corp leadership was extremely non-delegative and was keeping a close hold on the bulk of corp assets.  Although trusted with a Covetor for the duration of a corp mining evolution I wasn't given access to much of anything else so I settled in for what I expected to be the long game.

  I decided that if I was ever going to be trusted with anything in this cult of personality (don't you hate those?) I was going to have to make myself useful in a leadership sort of way.  My subtle education of the CEO in the way to assign access to corp assets had resulted in some movement in my direction so I reached out with another bright idea (I can't keep them out!)

From: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge
To: Thomist Faithure

That is a good point and something that I DID in fact learn in my old Navy days, lol. I usually do do this, but the op was relitivly small the other day so I didn't do it for that one. But it is good to keep in the habit of that weather it is a 2 man, or 20 man operation. So good idea, and I'll try to make a point in the future.

/r
Meister

  Not such a great idea that he actually did it, but still, I was being praised by corp leadership and it certainly couldn't be long before I was given the keys to the POS and the Orca.  Yep, any day now...

  But no.  Instead I was given direction on how to become a good and productive drone in the corp production machine.  Along with the suggestion that I train up the PI skills needed to provide materials to the CEO's supercomputer manufacturing operation I got the skinny on the best path to mining superiority.

Skill suggestions

From: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge
To: Thomist Faithure

Hey,

Here are some suggested skills to train to help make you more isk while mining with the corp and while you are on your own.

Mining Boosts your turret yeild each level. Lvl V lets you use Modulated Strip Miner II
Mining Barge atleast to lvl III
Astrogeology Just like the mining skill this gives a boost to your mining turret yeild.
Ice Harvesting to use ice miners when we do ops in ice belts. These are probably our most profitable group ops.
Mining Upgrades to use the boosters in the lowers that bump your yeild. Lvl IV will allow you to use both T2 versions of the Mining Laser Upgrade II Ice Harvester Upgrade II
Reprocessing You will need this one at lvl IV to begin the skills for the mining cyrstals.
Expedition Frigates Which requires Mining Frigate lvl V. This is so you can use the T2 Ventures. They are great for our WH ops.

That should be a good help for bumping up your mining career. Eventually look into what is required to fly Exhumers such as the Skiff for solo ops or the Hulk for the fleet ops, as that ship has the highest yeild of any ship in the game. Anyway man, hope you continue to enjoy the game, and let me know if i can be of any extra help.

/r
Meister

Sir Alexander Dane: [Indicated Jason] Need I remind you that this man is wearing a costume, not a uniform. He's no more qualified to lead us than

[indicating Guy]

Sir Alexander Dane: ... this fellow... No offense...

  The Boss wanted me to up my skills.  So, I set up my plan to do so.  Only, remember, its really me, Bing, and I am philosophically, ecumenically and grammatically opposed to learning to mine.  What I (Thom) need is to learn to fly is something I can bust up an Orca with.  Or at least mangle a mining fleet while holding off any killer-miner attempts to stop me.  My observations of the corp activities led me to believe that the higher skilled members of the corp had concentrated their skill training into being able to fly Endurances into wormholes to mine the exciting rocks found there.  The rest of the corp gathered highsec ore and a few concentrated on their manufacturing lines.  While there was some talk of becoming a manufacturing machine any actual activity in this regard was closely held by the CEO and a couple of trusted aides.  I didn't expect therefore to be met in combat with any skill, trained or player.

  I settled on the Sacrilege as my ship of choice.  This Heavy Assault Cruiser was one that Bing had some experience with, was sufficiently hardened enough to survive a small counterattack and, with proper training, would provide the dps necessary to quickly dispatch any Orca or other large ship I decided to attack.  And it looked like something out of an "Alien" movie!

I knew from experience that the Stabber Fleet Issue was too light on the dps and the Hurricane Fleet Issue was not nimble enough for solo work in a hostile environment.  The one problem I had was that the Sacrilege required a great deal of training for Thom to reach maximum (and I really mean to get to the top of the HAC training mountain).

  I snagged a nice fit from Feyd Ruatha's website.

   Plugged it into Evemon and found myself facing about 120 days of training all the missile, drone and HAC skills to lvl 5.  Plus to cost of the thing and all the implants to get the sweet dps I craved.

    I don't want to spend 120 days pretending to be a miner.  I needed a way to use my intellect, my vast shadow economic empire and my asymmetric strategical genius to get what I want NOW!

  And so, I entered the murky world of zombie farming....

Sir Alexander Dane: You don't hold the turbo down, it's for quick boosts!

Jason Nesmith: Oh, like you know!

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Bing Bangboom
Guy Fleegman: I'm not even supposed to be here. I'm just "Crewman Number Six." I'm expendable. I'm the guy in the episode who dies to prove how serious the situation is. I've gotta get outta here.

  As many of you who have read my other threads know I have two iron rules about solving my in-game problems.  Rule number one is "always do things the wrong way the first time and get it out of the way".  This is actually more of a guideline than a rule but it seems to follow me doggedly.  Rule number two, however, is to use each situation as a learning opportunity to explore some new (to me anyway) facet of the Eve universe and turn it into a weapon to use on the carebears.

  Faced with the need to quickly train up my alt, Thomist Faithure, to fly the Sacrilege I had selected to scourge my non-Code compliant corpmates with I decided to investigate skill extraction and its evil twin, skill injection.  As I reviewed the current status of my alt army I saw that most, if not all, had reached the necessary skill levels to excel at their assigned tasking.  Bing, for instance, had long passed 100 million skill points and I was just throwing skills in the hopper because I don't leave anything on the table, so to speak.  With CCP's elimination of clone costs (a gift to the elites of the game already) there was no reason not to keep on training.  This was the case on my other accounts and I now, belatedly considering the gold rush in skill point sales that occurred upon skill extraction introduction, realized what a treasure trove I was sitting on.

  In the case of training Thom, the first move was obvious.  I set Thom's training que up to match the long-term goal, remapped his attributes and set him training on the ones he had to worst skill per hour stats for (there is a method to my madness so hold on).  I then bought several skill extractors (on buy orders as I'm still a cheap bastard) and brought my literal brain trust to Amarr.  Meaning Bing and another alt with useless skills I had trained during some wild-scheme or another.  Using the skill extractor, I pulled a couple of full loads from each and transferred them into the noggin of Thomist Faithure instantly clearing the top several items off my training list.
  This got me about four weeks off the training que to Sacrilege invincibility.  With no other skills to spare on my current alts I moved to the next phase, what they call "zombie farming" in the hood.

Fred Kwan: Hey guys, I just wanted you to know that, the reactors won't take it; the ship is breaking apart and all that... Just FYI.

  I identified an alt on a non-Bing account to become my first skill farm.  Some background information on skill extraction may be helpful here.  A player may pull skills from any character with a minimum of 5,500,000 skill points.  A full extraction takes 500,000 skill points and therefore, the actual floor after is 5,000,000 points.  When injecting skill, the skill level of the receiving character determines how much of the 500,000 is actually used.  Since Thom's skill level was between 5-50 million sp he would receive 400,000 from each injector.

  Wanting to maximize the amount of skill my little brainiac learned in a set amount of time I trained Cybernetics to level 5 to allow the use of +5 implants.  Now, since each skill only uses two attributes to determine training speed I decided, after some research on the intertubes, to go with Primary Intelligence, Secondary Memory skills.  These include the shield tanking skills as well as Thermodynamics and the scanning skills.  So, lots of lvl 5 training possibilities.  Fortunately, Cybernetics uses the same attributes so I remapped to Intelligence +10 and Memory +4.  Took a week or so to get the Cyber lvl V and then I plugged +5 implants into, wait for it, intelligence and memory.  This left me with Intel +32 and Memory +26, maxing out the training speed at 2700 skill points per hour.  Whoof!

   Bing's account was a different matter.  I had spent all my time training Bing and hadn't seen any reason to have other alts there.  So, I made a new one.  Remapped intel/memory/started training to cyber lvl V and put a bunch more stuff in there to get to the 5 million SP floor.  This took a couple weeks.  Once I had Cyber trained I plugged in the +5s and soon was cooking along at 2700 SP/hour on this alt.  Much sooner than I expected I reached the 5.5 million SP level and began mining brain goo out of this alt all the while extracting from my first zombie, and passing it all along to Thom who I alternated between highest skill point speed (when he was on his own training) and lowest (when I was about to Frankenstein him with the last shipment of liquid knowledge).

  Things went pretty fast after this and Thom went from his 7-8 million honestly earned SP to over 25 million in about six weeks. Set aside for now the obvious thought that this is clearly game-breaking.   I played it cool (which is my default setting anyway) with the corp while this was going on and continued to wait for the appearance again of the Orca.  My subtle nudges to set another corp mining event were rebuffed (politely) as the CEO and other top leadership had a wormhole obsession and I was still had a few more dps available with an injection or two ripening.  I put buy orders up for the ship and fittings as well as the implants from my training plan.  The markets did their magic and I soon had all the resources assembled and waiting for Thom in a nearby trade hub.  Once I could fly the dang thing I rolled Thom into the station, plugged in the implants and assembled the Sacrilege to the best of my trained abilities.  I loaded the rest in the hold and snuck it into our home system during a lull in corp activities.

  I was (finally) ready.

Fred Kwan: Hey, Commander. Listen, we found some beryllium on a nearby planet. And we might be able to get there if we reconfigure the solar matrix in parallel for endothermic propulsion. What'd'ya think?
Jason Nesmith: We'll do that!
Guy Fleegman: All right!

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Super Perforator
Interesting to see a practical workup of Skill Injection in action! Thank you for this!
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Lynn Libbrecht
I enjoyed over read your blog post. Your blog have nice information, I got good ideas from this amazing blog. I am always searching like this type blog post. I hope I will see again.
email sign up
Baby Names

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

Bing Bangboom
Gwen DeMarco: Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy.

  With my fully trained for and fitted Sacrilege and Thom’s head full of fancy chrome I now only had to await the opportune moment to unleash retribution upon FLIE.  With Guybertini’s catalyst ever on my mind I watched carefully for an unguarded moment (and unguarded assets).  Unfortunately, somebody wardecced us and I had to sit out a general “heading for the hills” typical response as the corp went into battle mode.  Or rather, battle-avoidance mode.

  Fortunately, I found my suggestions to the boss were having some positive effect as I was able now to access some of the corp hangers and, in typical carebear socialist fashion, the helpful veterans were filling up the hangers with all sorts of useful ships, fittings, BPCs and manufacturing goodies.  It was starting to be quite a lot and a quick check of the contract market showed that the ship and fitting BPCs alone were worth several hundred million ISK.  With the large fleet of ships available a new player could get quite a good start and, alarmingly to me in regards to my plan, fit out a nice pvp response fleet.  So, I folded the situation into my overall plan.

  Essentially it was this.  To join in a corp mining evolution, flying a corp mining asset, return to station on some made up excuse, empty the corp hangers, switch to my Sacrilege, warp back to fleet and bring down the house.  And all I needed was a corp mining event.  So I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

  The corp was definitely needing some organization for us newbies.  The veterans, such as they were, seemed to spend a lot of their time mining in wormholes and those of us unable to participate were left on our own although with plenty of encouragement to get with the program.  But what about MY needs?  What about Thomist?

Then I got word from the CEO that things were about to change for FLIE.

Future Corp Movement
From: Thomist Faithure
To: MeisterFlieger ZeldiaGeorge, Asrik Scialo, MMMM Esil, Devious Monkey, Ridlaf Oumis
Boss,

OK, believe it.

You are probably getting a bad report about me. Its all true.

I'm CODE. And I joined your corp to teach you a lesson about resisting the New Order. Not sure I actually taught your corp anything as they were QUITE rude to me after I blapped Devious Monkey 's Mack and cleaned out the public corp hangers. You know what they say. Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.

Still, it could have been worse. I really wanted the Orca and I saw, but never got a good situation, on the Provi. Plus you were smart enough to not let me into anything valuable. The BPCs are hard to put a price on but looking through the contracts I estimate I took about 400 million ISK worth of stuff... plus the 200 million ISK Mack. Not going to break you which is better than my targets usually do.

Its probably only fair to let you know who's behind Thomas. You know the local Agents who are good friends of mine. I'm Bing Bangboom . I'm usually found in the Kino region where I've been selling permits and ganking miners for the last four years. You may have heard of me. If you want to see what I do in situations like yours you can go to www.minerbumping.com, click on FORUM, and read "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war". Its stickied at the top of the page. In this thread I relate the story of how I destroyed my old alliance after I was kicked out for being an Agent. For a story about me infiltrating a corp and destroying them, check out the thread "Inferno" on about page 3. You probably have learned a bit from this current experience but there's more to learn.

Before I leave I want to let you know that, other than the slipup in letting me in the corp at all, you've done a pretty good job at keeping me from doing too much damage. The little I did was a reflection of your decision to not let me near any of the valuables. If the public corp hanger hadn't gotten relatively full of junk, which adds up of course, I would have been waiting for a long time. As it is, I got bored and pulled the trigger. Literally.

I would be remiss in not recommending that you take this opportunity to buy mining permits for the entire corp and become Code compliant. CODE. has taken a steady toll on you before I did my little exercise and will continue to drain resources. 10 million ISK per player for a full year of mining and other PvE activities is a small price and a wise economic decision. Once the rest of the corp calms down you might consider it.

Best of luck in the future. I will let Guybertini and Uncle Falco know you send your regards.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

Shameless self promotion.  I know.  I can’t help myself.  Still, I sat back and waited for a reply, and hopefully, permit purchases.

"Guy Fleegman: I don't like this. I don't like this at all.
Gwen DeMarco: They are *so* cute.
Guy Fleegman: Sure, they're cute now, but in a second they're gonna get mean, and they're gonna get ugly somehow, and there's gonna be a million more of them.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

ZanderMoreau
\o/

I've been waiting for the continuation on this one!  Nice score!  Would've been awesome if you scored the Orca but hey, can't argue with the score you did make.  I can't wait to see their reply back to you if you get one!
"We will bring you love... and by love I mean lasers."
-Maximillian Singularity the 6th, First of His Name, The True Emperor (The Meta Show - 06/30/15)

Re: By Grabthar's Hammer

pal280
I'm mostly interested in getting involved with people who are actually doing different things in Eve so I can see both how to do things and to see what is worth doing. All without having to spend a lot of time on fruitless attempts to do something that is either harder or less valuable than my initial guess. My last corp was supposed to show me some of this but was kind of focused on one thing which wasn't what I was interested in.
UIDinfo
UIDinfo.net