CCP's new statement on miner bumping

Jimmy Rustler
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2535377#post2535377

GM Karidor says "On November 28th 2012, CCP Falcon created this thread on the Crime & Punishment Forum for the discussion of Miner Bumping with a view to clearing up any questions regarding the legitimacy of this type of gameplay.

The thread was closed on December 5th and the discussion regarding this tactic has been long and detailed. After speaking with Game Design and discussing the contents of the thread among themselves for quite some time, the GM Team has come to the following conclusion:

CCP considers the act of bumping a normal game mechanic, and does not class the bumping of another player’s ship as an exploit. However, persistent targeting of a player with bumping by following them around after they have made an effort to move on to another location can be classified as harassment, and this will be judged on a case by case basis.

We would also like to stress that if a gameplay activity is classified as being “within the rules” this does not mean that we endorse, sanction or back player activity. We simply see this as emergent gameplay that has occurred due to the nature of game mechanics.

As such, any players who have any notes to this effect within their in game biographies should remove words of this nature immediately."

This was further expounded upon here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2536157#post2536157

Make note: "While it will involve inconvenience, we will have to see that one actively tried evasion before we consider someone being followed around and harassed. Merely changing belts in the same system or moving a few thousand meters to another asteroid would not qualify in this regard. Ideally you would move to other systems and more than just one or two jumps to avoid being found again quickly, requiring some effort to locate you again (i.e. through locator agents)."

So, let no space lawyer question the legality of our ways.

Re: CCP's new statement on miner bumping

SimonLindsay
Another victory for the New Order!  I have created a reddit post to spread the good news.

Re: CCP's new statement on miner bumping

SimonLindsay
I just realized there was already a reddit post on the subject.  Welp.

Re: CCP's new statement on miner bumping

Graic Gabtar
Shows you how weak CCP has become that they sat on this for so long wringing their hands over subscription pennies from a few non-believers.

Re: CCP's new statement on miner bumping

Zak Fey
I say we hold a bumping fleet in celebration of this.

Re: CCP's new statement on miner bumping

virm pasuul
All the official CCP forums links are now 404 for me :(

As I read it - interwebs stalking no/no - everything else - we've already given you the tools to deal with the problem, use them.