Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

1234 ... 13

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
Lone Watie: We thought about it for a long time, "Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

 Those who have followed "The Bing Show" since the early days, know that I was recently dumped from my long time (595 day) corporation because our newly joined alliance found me to technically be in violation of their anti-pirate (more exactly their anti-terrorist) philosophy.  After knocking it around in Sebiestor Tribe for a few weeks I saw that my old corporation, having made the one slight alteration demanded of them, had been accepted back into U.S.A.T.O (formerly United Systems Against Terrorist Opperations (sic)) bringing the grand total membership up to 57 members stretched across eight corporations.  (As a side note, look at the O in the name... see no period at the end?  yeah, there isn't one. The alliance leader, liberty, is still illiterate).

 Now, I had never wardecced anyone.  I haven't even been in a corp that wardecced anyone.  So, it was time to learn new things!  I mean there are only 57 members; I can TAKE 'em!

  The first thing I had to do was learn how to make a corporation.  So, I bought the appropriate skill, qued it up and got some book learnin'.  This took eight minutes and then I knew all they was to know about corporation making.  Or so I thought.

  When it came time to actually make the corporation I had a number of difficult decisions to make.  The first was the name.  In a flash of inspiration I named the corporation "DAMAG Safety Commission".  This was the name of the organization I was supposedly representing back when I used to issue citations to can-miners in Caldari space. (I will put up a sample of the citation in a separate post).  Those citations used to generate large amounts of rage (and the desired "urge to kill" in the miners, which was the actual point of it all).  The actual appearance of DAMAG Safety Commission was bound to create fear (and loathing) amongst the highsec carebears.  I agonized over where the home system of my corp was to be as I felt it violated opsec to let my enemies know where I considered home and I created a stylish symbol that was my old corp design with the colors reversed.  I even got a cool ticker (DAMSA).

  With this out of the way I began researching my intended opponents.  Using my wide spread network of spies and informers (Eve Who, Dotlan, Eve Kill) I determined that the majority of members resided in two corporations, one with the word "Minning" (18 members) in the name and one with the word "Freight" (20).  Yes, "Minning".  Eve Kill showed that the only two members who had recent kills (like in 2013) had departed the alliance and most of them sported records that generally went 0-a lot.  Finally, Dotlan showed them all to be based in the Ashokon system.  A mere 20 jumps from my usual stomping grounds.

  Last night, I flew to Ashokon to look the place over.  Putting the entire alliance on "terrible" status I flew in and checked local.  BINGO!  Future war targets abound.  Using my New Order training I quickly set instawarp, instadock and multiple safes for the system.  I scouted the two adjacent systems and determined I was five jumps from Dodixie, marking it as my main supply hub.  I then brought in my military machine and loaded the systems with appropriate war materials.  Actually I just went and got a Rifter to add to the Jaguar I brought plus lots of Republic Fleet and Barrage ammo.  Plus a few surprises.

  Local time was approaching 10 pm Thursday.  With the goal of launching my war in time for my weekend (war and Jack Daniels, hey, the wife's out of town) I decided to make my declaration.  Now, I assumed there must be a butan to smash but I couldn't find it at first.  Then, when I finally DID find it, I found I had to have put the funds into the corp wallet (division 1).  What is a corp wallet?  More learning ensued.  Funds were transferred, buttons were pushed, war was declared.

  And so, the lull before either the storm or the absolute disaster I have just launched.  At 10 pm (my time) tonight I will commence "Operation Because FU!".  One versus 57.  A man and his Jag.

  This will be my war blog.  Besides details of my great victories (if any) I will explore the depths of my umbrage and the human interest stories that great conflict seems to uncover.  I hope it is all glorious.  I'm sure it will be messy.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Violently Belligerent Undesirable
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

MinerBumping
Administrator
*popcorn*

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

alanacharenteng
*grabs popcorn and joins the Supreme Protector*

You have no interest in flying anything bigger than frigates?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Fawn Tailor
Oh boy, this is going to be good.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  While I wait the final 78 minutes for the war to break out I have come to fulfill my promise of providing a copy of the citation I used to send offending jet can miners back in the day.  Amazingly, some miners disputed my right to issue said citation.  So, changing the name to protect the jetcan miner I found when issuing this actual citation, I give you...

 Citation for illegal jetcan mining

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Agent Awoxer
*munches popcorn*

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Titus Phook
*brings beer and pizza, dis gunna b gud.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

xxBLACK SKULLxx929
After reading this I think it's time to go out and wardec some one.
Awsome post.

Beer & Miner Tears in my Viking Horn \m/

929

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Nemala Iyroja
Looks as if this is going to be on par with the good old Form 12-B .

*unlocking a huge secure container full of Popcorn, eagerly awaiting further news*

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  As the second hand swept towards 12, I took a large swig of the Jack and Ginger, checked my Jaguar fitting and popped out of station.  Reconnaissance had reported a war target in local.  A quick check of Eve Kill showed him to be, uh, uncommitted, to the pvp lifestyle.

  Using my carefully planned surveillance plan (I wildly warped to every asteroid belt in the system) I determined he was not a miner.  And then, I got him!  Dscan showed him nearby in a Proteus.  How did I know he was in a Proteus?  Because he hadn't changed his ship name.  As best I could tell, he was running a mission.

  After about 20 minutes of futile searching the first weakness in my battle line made it self apparent.  I therefore took a 20 jump trip back to home and grabbed a Cheetah with combat probes and advanced smartly back.  Now Bing doesn't scan in vain but he isn't the best.  I got a few hits on a strat cruiser but didn't get a bookmarkable hit until he was gone.  But now I knew something about my enemy.  I filed it for later.

  After a good nights sleeping-it-off, I returned to Ashokon and Eve ready for action.  I saw my Proteus pilot in local as well as another war target.  This war target was in a Procurer.  Again, I knew it was him because he also didn't change the name of his ship.  These are 2008 characters by the way.  To the Cheetahmobile!  I scanned and scanned and found him!  The Proteus was sitting outside the station where they have their corp office.  Nefarious!

  A quick switch into the Jaguar and I warp to station.  There he was.  Using a 45 degree angling technique I spiral into scrambler range.  He locks and begins shooting, missing me cleanly.  I get under his guns, warp scramble, web, vampire and open up with the 150mm light autocannon IIs.  His shields evaporate.

  Of course, he is screaming in local.  I watch for the arrival of the other ship.  About this time, he remembers he had drones and a flight of Hob IIs appear.  Keeping my scrambler on the main prize, I begin to lock, web and shoot the drones.  As the second one falls the Procurer arrives and spits out another flight of Hob IIs.  This is now a LOT of hob IIs and my tank can't take it.  I hit the microwarp, get separation and warp to safety with hull damage.  The Proteus was at about 75% armor when I switched to the drones.  If it had just been him I think I could have tanked the drones until I'd killed them and then finished him.

  So, I dock up, repair everything and come back out, raring for more.  The WTs have cleared the former battlefield but I see the Procurer on Dscan.  The Proteus isn't there.  I suspect he went into the repair shop to get the paint buffed out.  Shortly thereafter, he logs.

  I continue searching for the Procurer and find, eventually, that he has switched to a Drake (unchanged name) which appears to out in space.  Again I grab the Cheetah, scan him down and warp to his location.

  As expected I have now found the U.S.A.T.O POS (Ashokon XIII, Moon 15) and he was sitting in the force field.  A couple glancing shots from his defenses and I warp off to safety.  Now the weakness in my one man vendetta makes its appearance.  I again grab my Cheetah, cloak up and warp back.

  So, now I'm sitting 250km off the POS, looking at the Drake.  And pondering my next move....  somewhere there is a weakness for me to exploit.  The situation is classic.  Although I appear to have the advantage in experience, tactics and information (plus an aggressive battle stance and superior sex appeal) I am at a distinct disadvantage in numbers and in infrastructure.  Asymmetrical warfare it shall be...

But how?

Reporting from the front...

BBB
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Agent Trask
POS?

Easy. Pick off the guns with a proper fleet and then pound it into re-enforcement with a herd of battleships.

Need allies?

Ol Jethro can run a 'geddon all day.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  Sunday dawned in the system of Ashokon.  After a delay for religious services I began my patrols.

  Frustrated by the lack of war targets in system the previous day I had taken the time to enter each of the alliance members into my watchlist.  Checking this now 60 person long list (did you know that it makes pages?) I see the Drake pilot from the day before and an heretofore unseen member of the Minning corp.  Or so I thought.  A quick check showed that this player, Raptor R, had dropped to an NPC corp in the last few hours.  This of course is a common technique used by carebears when wardecced.  The problem for the corp in question is that these things can lead to a failure cascade if the pressure is continuously applied.  I make note of the it and continue my search.

  I find the Drake in the POS.  However, interestingly, he has now changed the name of his ship to something less self-identifying.  This makes me wonder if my enemies are evolving or if my decision to blog the war so openly has resulted in providing them with actionable intelligence.  I decide to continue with the thought that, if they ARE reading this (Hi guys!) I may be able to mold the battlefield by the release of certain facts.  Facts being whatever I think of that I want them to think.  Or not.

  After a while, the Drake suddenly warps to their corp station and docks up.  This is when things get interesting.

  Remember I am some 20 jumps away from my usual haunts.  So, the sudden appearance in system of Kaldar Andedare, a known vulture of the Knights of the New Order and not un-coincidentally , a player who has a kill right on moi is probably no accident.  As I am cloaked out in space I determine to see what's shaking.  A flight of six Sisters Combat Scanner Probes appears on Dscan.   Now, I know I can kill this particular player easily and I know he knows it so I wait for the other shoe to drop.  Sure enough, in about 15 minutes Jennifer En Marland shows in local.  I have a kill right on her.  The hunter becomes the hunted.

  Anticipating JEM's tactics I warp to a spot on grid with the U.S.A.T.O station where the Drake pilot sits.  Sure enough, I see JEM arrive at the station in a Dramiel, dock, undock and warp off.  They continue searching... searching... but to no avail.  They stick around for about 15 more minutes and then disconnect.  They don't leave, they disconnect.  Warning signs flash.

  Theorizing that my current enemies and my old enemies may have connected I pop into the U.S.A.T.O station, make an appearance for a few seconds, and then undock.  Back to a safe spot and cloak.  Kaldar immediately logs back in.  Sisters CSP's out.  About 15 minutes of searching and then disconnects again.  I realize that things have gotten considerably more complex.  Good.

  Despite all this it was actually a pretty boring day, much as I have seen James describe in his wardec articles.  My opponents have done the usual things, not logging on, a drop to NPC.  They have not brought in any allies as is their right.  All in all their activity is VERY low.  This gives me the amusing thought that they actually kicked out the only active PvP pilot in the alliance (me) so they have no one to even begin to organize a resistance around.

  Also, the hours (and hours) of time I have observed that not one single member of the alliance is logged on meaning that their POS is undefended for long stretches of time.  As a one man corporation without the right to make allies I have not yet figured out how to do anything about this.  Some questions.  If I join an alliance do they become part of the war on my side?  Can I recruit interested players interested in joining my corp for this war and put together my fleet in this manner?  Can any kind of single ship destroy the defenses of the POS (medium and small particle beam type weapons)?

  In an early attempt to rehabilitate me away from my miner educating ways, liberty, the alliance leader, suggested that I would feed my pvp jones by defending their soon to be built POS.  At that time, the purpose of the POS was to facilitate research and this POS is configured as such.  I wonder how much damage I can do and what the impact on the alliance would be.  Is THIS the heart of my enemy?

  "He tasks me!  He tasks me, and I shall have him!"

BBB

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  Quick update. NEWS FLASH!  I'M AN IDIOT.

  I just noticed that one of the members of the alliance is named Andwin Andedare, a member of Hunters Blood Bond (former home of the two Druids who got me tossed out of the alliance in the first place).

  So, that explains vulture Kaldar Andedare showing up in Ashokon.  Yes, New Order fans, I wardecced an alliance that contains the alt of someone who has a kill right on me from a targeting mistake I made during a Jennifer En Marland gank attempt on my person.

  And since I was still in U.S.A.T.O at the time of the gank attempt, Andwin Andedare is guilty of an attempted gank on an alliance member!  I am TELLIN' !!!!

  Composing my letter of complaint to liberty, the CEO of the alliance Executive Corp right now.

  Small universe....

 BBB

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  I was oppressing my enemies yesterday in Ashokon when I received a notification.  Despite the rare actual logging into Eve my opponents had been busy...

Ally Has Joined a War

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  I appear to be engaged in mostly a war of words with U.S.A.T.O and The Marmite Collective.  I'm sorry I don't have any kill mails or tales of brilliant tactics to share (yet) but the enemy has chosen to deprive us of such and so I have only the diplomatic side of the war to present.

  You may recall that I said I was going to register a complaint with liberty, the CEO of the carebear tribe.  I did so and he has replied.  So here it is:

A well thought out and concise complaint
From: Bing Bangboom
To: liberty

liberty,

  First of all, thanks for replying to my email.  I appreciate you giving some consideration to my complaint.

  Now, as to the specifics.  To call what I, and the rest of the New Order, are doing as "ransoming minners" is a misunderstanding.  Common but incorrect.  What we are doing is attempting to prevent a further skewing of the risk/reward ratio in highsec.  Players that afk mine or even bot are a real detriment to the game.  To compound the issue, they seem to have convinced CCP to introduce things like the increased EHP buff of the mining ships along with the giant ore holds and CRIMEWATCH II.  These changes make it even easier for them to bot and otherwise profit without actually even being present.

  I realize that on the surface that New Order tactics appear to be piratical but they are in fact focused on helping the player who, through taking the path of least resistance, has found themselves afk mining as their preferred gaming style.  Hundreds of miners who have received New Order attention have been rehabilitated and now consider their association with the New Order to be a turning point in their Eve career.  It is true that sometimes we have had to use extreme measures to get the attention of the bot aspirants.  But it is for their own good as well as the good of everyone in Eve.  In the end, the ones we fight are the bad guys, the players who believe that they should be able to warp up next to an ice block, start the lasers and then go do the laundry for a half hour.  We both know that this is not the Eve we love.

  Surely you agree with me that botting and bot aspirant behavior needs to be eliminated.  And in the spirit of Eve Online, it is a worthy goal of the players themselves to take action to achieve this.  That is what the New Order of Highsec and the New Halaima Code of Conduct are all about.

  As to your point about allied miners.  As an Agent of the New Order,  I never shot a miner who didn't shoot me first.  I never agressed a miner who did not give me a legal right to shoot him.  If any of our allies say I harassed them it was because they were engaged in afk mining or other bot aspirant behavior.  They chose to engage in this unsavory behavior.  I cannot avert my eyes just because they are our "friends".

  And so we are where we find ourselves today. I encourage you to visit www.minerbumping.com and read about The Code and the New Order.  If you truly understood what we stand for I believe you would rush to our side to stand up for a better highsec.  Because you know.....

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

  Now, I have said all this to him before.  Perhaps this time he will pay attention and understand.  But probably not.  And the war drums beat on through the night...

BBB

Agent Awoxer
Wait, how is gank + ransom any different from piracy at all? Also, from my experiences, Marmite's price is something around 250m per week.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  I have been remaining in Ashokon for as many on line hours as possible, sitting in a safe spot and frequently checking for any enemy activity.  With last nights addition of a second ally to my war targets I anticipated action...  some action... any action... please.

  Alas, I was to be disappointed.  Ashokon remained bereft of carebears and scary space mercenaries alike.  I used the opportunity to do some intelligence gathering on my opponents while I traveled around actually looking to see if I could find some Marmites.

  The second ally of my opponent proved to be a carebear former associate of U.S.A.T.O who had an 0-2 pvp record.  Not sure what he brings to the table but I welcome additional targets.  My research into the Marmite Collective proved more interesting.  From their killboard it appears they have ongoing campaigns against the CFC, the HBC and now, the DSC (DAMAG Safety Commission) as well as other lesser entities.  Unknowingly I have become a blood brother with the big blue doughnut.

  Now, a mercenary alliance that faces down the great nullsec powers must be quite a force.  Again, the killboard tells the story.  From what I can see, the Marmite Collective gets its kills by whoring onto CONCORD kills of nullsec gankers doing things like Burn Jita 2.  Since I no intention of ganking any freighters OR of going to Jita I may have discovered an exploitable weakness.  It certainly explains the lack of mercs in our actual war zone.

  I did make an extended roam looking for some last night.  10 jumps away in Uedema I spotted one xXsuperstringXx Jimenez, a member of EZPOP in local.  By the time I had actually found him he was docked up and wouldn't come out.  Or he was afk.  In any case, no fight.  I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE FIGHTS!  WHERE ARE THE FIGHTS?!?!

  I now have 232 sworn enemies and no one will shoot at me.  I had more but U.S.A.T.O has started slowly losing members as the less warlike have departed for safer climes.  Actually, who am I kidding?  How could any of U.S.A.T.O be less warlike than they are?  I still have hopes that the Marmites will stop vulturing in Jita and come out and play-yay.

  Until then, I will wage my war using my keen intellect and cheerful disposition.  But I am keeping my real, live, space-pixel ammo dry.

Highsec is worth fighting for.
(Well, I'm TRYING to fight for it.)

BBB
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Agent Trask
You are fighting for it successfully.

The carebears are perma-docked, and Marmite Collective is taking their ISK for doing nothing.

You should offer to let Marmite pod you a few times for a cut of their pay.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Rennseslear
eventually when this war is over you can add the 232(or more) vs 1 to your list of successes.
Ewe Oar Sofa King We Tall Did

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

yodayblack
To drop a high sec pos is pretty cheap Bing. If you are interested give me a shout i will provide you with the info you need to get it done. As i have had dealings with usato and lib. as his former ceo im pretty sure he forgot to stick ammo in the pos guns or Strot since he swore he didnt need strot last time we spoke. Keep it up they cant afford merc protection for long.
1234 ... 13