Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

1 ... 3456789 ... 13

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Socrates

  As I have previously related, my wars have become entangled with one another.  Members and allies of my two target organizations have moved both internally and externally across corporate and alliance boundries resulting in, in some inexplicable way, organizations that I am not at war with being at war with me.  The details are clear but the actual reasons and results make no sense to me.

  Robotnik Star Empire obtained an ally a couple weeks ago in the form of a one man corp, Project Kairos.  The CEO, one Sarayu Wisdom, has an impressive kill board and seemed to be the remaining member of a formerly competent mercenary corporation which had lost its other members.  He participated in an attemped ambush which might have worked except the bait was TOO tasty and my spidey sense waived me off.  He could not stand my discussion of the failure of the trap in local and revealed his involvement in the usual taunting and threats I somehow seem to inspire in people.  After that, he departed for other regions and I haven't seen him since.

  Apparently he has been busy recruiting.  In addition to some new players he has siphoned off a bit of the former U.S.A.T.O corporation, Team Bones and Balls with a Spike on Top, who I discussed in my last post.  Team B&B had started out an ally of Robotnik Star Empire, one of my wars and THEN joined U.S.A.T.O, my other war beginning this hopeless confusion.  So, now PK is up to 13 members.  I decided to make them pay.

  Yesterday, I jumped 27 systems in search of one of the PK's new members, Kalmahn Atlakvitha.  After chasing him around a while I located him, mining in a Venture and pounced.  As I warped in I noticed one strange thing.  He wasn't flashy red.  So, I stopped, sat 2000m away from him and watched him mine, unconcerned about the proximity of violent death, while I tried to figure things out.  I checked my wars.  Robotnik Star Empire was still at war with me.  Dr Robotnik-x had made the war mutual in an attempt to force me to surrender (???) but now showed NO allies.  However, looking at Project Kairos's wars, I see that they show my war with RSE as an "active" war.  WTF?  Are they in or out?  As best I can tell, they are out.  In any case, without the flashy red, I left the newest member of PK to continue his mining although I did steal his mining drones.

  Let him that would move the world first move himself.
Socrates

  I decided to cut this Gordian knot and simultaneously thwart Dr Robotnik-x's attempt to "trap" me into a troublesome situation.  He has convinced himself that I am unable to inflict pvp damage on his corp and thinks I cannot get out of the war.  I received a couple demands for me to pay reparations and surrender to him.  I discount this of course.  More troublesome to me is having a corporation who's status as an enemy is so muddled as Project Kairos.  So, I did the obvious:

  I "retracted" the war with Robotnik Star Empire.  The fighting ends tonight.

  In many ways this represents a great example of how mission creep can stand in the way of achieving initial goals.  My original wardec was in response to RSE and friends disrupting my New Order enforcement operations in Kino.  I let my personal dislike for Dr Robotnik-x cloud my judgement and made it into a war of extermination.  RSE has long ago ceased all attempts to interfere with Spine Ripper's ganking efforts in Kino and with a couple exceptions has cleared out of Kino completely.  My expectation is that with the war retracted I will be able to return to my Code enforcement plan for Kino without any sign of RSE.  If the Dr. chooses to stick his nose in my business again, I can always re dec, with the ally issue cleared up.

  This leaves me with liberty and U.S.A.T.O .  One war, one objective, focused upon with laser-like intensity.  I see now in retrospect that my war with RSE gave liberty not only breathing room to resusitate U.S.A.T.O but allies to help him do it.  It also prevented me from attacking with my usual intensity as I was managing a greatly complicated battlefield environment.  This is now all cleared away and I can return to my original, unchanged goal.  Either the surrender of U.S.A.T.O to the Code, or its complete destruction.

  Normally, I would wind up my post here with my rousing but borderline insanely bloodthirsty previous paragraph.  However, funny stuff is funny and I received an eve mail from New Order supporter, yodayblack, who you may remember is a former member of Ded End Conglomorates and who was initially blamed when liberty took off with a significant portion of the alliance assets.  I have continued to poke liberty with that stick and he finally decided to clear things up with yoday.  As expected, liberty and clearing things up remain the definition of opposite.  Anyway, yoday sends his regards...

make me laugth

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Zazz Razzamatazz
You have to admit, Liberty has a point when he says "high sec is a free minning zone".   Very true, there is no charge to do that in high sec.
Mining however, requires a permit.

Also:
Where do you get all your awesome quotes?
Will you be publishing "Bing's Big Book of Quotes" later this year? (I'd add that to my Amazon wishlist)

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Alistair Drake
Or maybe a Quote of the Day calendar?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

txcajun1974
I am just wondering what your response to CCP shooting James 315 out of a cannon to allow the mining bumping to continue?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Rennseslear
James will do whatever is required, for us, AND for minerbumping.  FACT!
Ewe Oar Sofa King We Tall Did

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

txcajun1974
Then you might want to check his Bio. His Bio is blank again.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
This post was updated on .
Sic semper tyrannis
Marcus Junius Brutus

  One thing I've learned about Eve is that small things have huge results.  Predicting how organizations in Eve will react to particular stimuli becomes harder and harder as both the true characteristics of the people involved and in game variables outside my purvue are unknown and probably unknowable.   Despite our long history of contact with bot aspirants we really only notice the extremes of mind melting rage and enthusiastic support and never get to analyze the middle ground of those who just avoid us, ignore us or are just amused by us.  This learning experience that I've classified as a "war" has once again taught me a little something about myself and about human nature while surprising me with a result that maybe I should have seen coming.

  I speak of my recent war with Robotnik Star Empire.  Those of you who have followed along will remember that I discussed the problem I had created for myself by letting my war, which had the original objective of just stopping Dr Robotnik-x and friends from interfering with Code enforcement activities in Kino morph into a war of extermination.  I let my extreme dislike for Dr Robotnik-x (see James' blogs about the fellow) make me lose sight of my end goal and, in effect, blinded to me to the fact that I had already won.   I realized this a few days ago and as recorded in these page, I retracted the war. Fighting ended on Oct 4th.

  And on Oct 5th, Robotnik Star Empire collapsed.

  Having moved my war machine to Simela and refocusing on liberty and U.S.A.T.O I didn't notice it at first.  Plus I spend the weekend in Kino blapping non compliant miners and had a fun conversation with the Dr where he claimed I had surrendered and I responded by putting a brave face on things and claiming that I had destroyed his corp.  But it was mainly propoganda and I didn't really believe it.  Unknowingly though, I had planted the seeds of RSE's destruction and just a day later, the rotten fruit burst, revealing its maggoty true nature. (Now THAT'S writing!)

  The first thing I noticed was the departure of Youske Irwin and his alt to, not shockingly, Project Kairos.  Oh, what joy Dr Robotnik-x must have felt when Sarayu Wisdom joined him as an ally against me.  Little did he realize that soon he would lose both allies and corp members to PK.  Youske and his alt were two of the most active members of RSE and losing them effectively left Dr Robotnik alone except for a few inactive players.  The Drs' other missioning buddies from Team B&B also left for PK and now Dr Robotnik-x just plaintively spams Kino local looking for people to join his missioning corp.  But it gets worse.

 Fuit Illium

  Since the point of all this was to learn about Eve war fighting (and destroy U.S.A.T.O) I wrote Youske a letter.  And it goes like this....
Wrap up

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Youske Irwin

Youske,

  WIth the end of our recent war and on the occasion of your corporation change I thought I would drop you a line to discuss our different viewpoints of events.

  In the interest of openness, I will go first:

1)  I was greatly challenged by the use of cruisers that your corporation and allies brought into battle after the first few days.  I had resolved to use only frigates in my wars, a policy which worked well against U.S.A.T.O but proved unfeasible against RSE.

2)  The entry of Team Bones and Balls with a Spike on Top was a major hindrance to my free attacking and forced me to change my tactics.  I lost too many ships to what I thought was a 1v1 only to have you others pile on.

3)  I was surprised at my failure to easily destroy the Drakes fielded against me with my Stabber.  I expected my year older skills to enable me to overcome the tanking ability of the Drakes.  I was wrong and nearly paid for it with my ship.  I didn't get to try the Hurricane Fleet Issue before the war ended so I still don't know if I would have had enough to win 1v1 combats.  I should add that I had frequently killed BCs in just a Rifter prior to the rebalancing of recent months and still had some old concepts to overcome.

4)  The mixing of RSE, Team B&B, and U.S.A.T.O was fascinating.  I know you worked with some members of Team B&B while they went from being your allies to being a part of U.S.A.T.O (and out again) but did you ever fully integrate with U.S.A.T.O to the point of cooperation with their pvp efforts?  I usually felt they were not working with you even when in Kino at the same time.

5)  I hate your procurer.

6)  Did you realize you had a spy and potential AWOXer in your corp the entire war?

7)  I see you have moved to Project Kairos.  Would you mind filling me in on your view of the future of RSE and why you left?  I am sure you know that my war was due to my personal issues with Dr Robotnik-x and that I never found you to be anything other than an interesting opponent.  I found the smack talking of the Dr to be pretty juvenile and pointless and noted that you didn't really join in with either of your personas.  He definitely was not a very impressive leader and I often wondered at why you stayed as long as you did.  I somewhat flatter myself that you stayed because you enjoyed tweaking my nose for the duration of the war.  Still, the inside story of the war from inside RSE would make a great addition to my blog so spill it, brother!  Heh.

8)  What kind of corp is Project Kairos?  I see a lot of pvp activity in lowsec.  I can't tell from the corp description what the emphasis is.  Are you a small group pvp corp or do you have some aspirations of mercenary or space renting?  I see a lot of my former foes there and wondered what the attraction is.

  So, that's it.  I spent yesterday with Spine Ripper enforcing the Code against the bot aspirants of Kino and vicinity and then moved my war machine all the way over to liberty and U.S.A.T.O's new digs, some 22 jumps away.  I don't know how much I will be seen in Kino for a while as I return to my grinding of U.S.A.T.O into dust.  It was a fun six weeks mixing it up with you guys but I have to move back to my original mission.

  Hope to hear back from you.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

  I like writing letters like this.  It gives me a chance to talk to people about things I don't understand fully and sometimes they answer.  Youske hasn't so far but its the beginning of the week and maybe he's busy.  I hold out hope.  But I post this now to point out something that I mentioned before that has now, maybe, had a big impact.  I point you to item 6, my comment about the spai.

  The spy in RSE was real.  You may remember that early in the war I killed a Procurer only to find it was fitted with a passive targeter and a ship scanner.  I remarked at the time that this was curious.  Well, lets put a few more facts out there.  This was at the beginning of the Caldari Ice Interdiction AND the pilot, Penny Chai, was a relatively new character.  I found her again, sitting in an ice field, a few days later.  Upon attacking, he (she) immediately convoed me and spilled the beans.  Penny Chai was a Goon scout.  In subsequent conversations PC filled me in on various conversations and actions in corporation communications.  Unfortunately, Penny Chai's main must have redeployed to Delve like much of the CFC (which really cramped the interdiction) and I never saw her on anymore.

  I don't know if Youske shared my email with Dr Robotnik-x.  I dont know if the Dr just finally had the light come on.  I don't know if he found out about the spy in some other way.  But yesterday, it looks like he kicked out every remaining member of RSE leaving him the "Emperor" (his title) of a one man corp.

  And so you see, gentle readers, that by taking the pressure OFF RSE, I had pulled the plug on it.  By removing what was apparently the only thing holding it together, I let its parts fly off like the components of an Iranian uranium centerfuge under the influence of the Stuxnet virus. To everyone involved's complete surprise, I was right all along and RSE was dead.

Rest in Pieces.

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away".

 Percy Bysshe Shelley

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Chara
This post was updated on .
WOW Bing...read most of your posts an boy do you.....exagerate things.....I for one have never seen you kill anything that even looked remotly dangerous....plus the time you have bean caught you got your bum spanked....makes me wanna cry to see how pathetic you realy are...and the fact that you have so many people fooled by you tales of false heroisim....sad realy but I know the truth and you are a chicken and a coward...if not then prove it to you addoring fans and come face me....love Chara

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

txcajun1974
Bing are you aware that demanding people change their bio's is against EULA and that any demands that you have made to that fact can get all of your accounts baned?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Zynda
Bing Bangboom wrote
just nut jobs that may as well be bunnyboilers of eve

Sadly I did giggle at this (albeit outdated) allusion.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.
Ronald Reagan

  As you can see, my enemies have arrived here at my blog, extending their war of words from local chat to the intertubes.  I welcome their inputs.  Please let the disinterested bystanders of this war see the true nature of what I up against.  liberty has convinced a couple more folks to join U.S.A.T.O and so we have a new batch of players who are befuddled at how one person can have such a profound effect on their mighty organization.  Anger, insult and space lawyering are the typical result.  So, lets get to it.

  I was minding my own business yesterday in  Simela, crushing the latest "surge" of anti-terrorist opperations (sic) when I received an Eve mail.  Now, I get a lot of mail as my activities as an Agent of the New Order and as the writer of this history attract a bit of attention from the Eve community.  I flatter myself that I am a moderately large fish in a small pond.  Still, the subject line of this most recent email made me suspicious that this was not to be "fan" mail but something a bit more critical.
2013.10.09 20:55
Hey Fuckwit

From: Bayani Reyes
To: Bing Bangboom

So, after a 15 month break, I am back as Liasion Officer for USATO on a very temporary basis. I've seen your sort before mate, not impressed. You Internet tough guys are all the same, hiding behind your monitor with your teen fanclub thinking you're all that. Believing your sub gives you the right to treat your fellow human beings like a piece of shit. Bravo, twat.

I bet your wife is so very proud of you. Still, at least I guess you taking out your pent up frustations in-game mean you aren't beating your wife and kids. So that's something I guess.

Christ man, look at your fucking self for one bloody second. You're trying to destroy probably the nicest guy in EVE. For what? You broke the rules moron, deal with it! Oh, that's right Bing doesn't like getting his wrists slapped. Poor old, Bing. Didn't get enough attention as a kid did you? Not breastfeed long enough? Shame!

Man the fuck up sissy boy. You make me want to wretch. You're a so-so pilot, who happens, somehow, to have enough intelligence to know to only pick fights you can win. Oh, so masterful, it must give you such a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

So, pack-up your little one man show and be grateful we probably don't live on the the same continent. Oh, and I could have played this nice, I could have impressed you with my considerable mastery of the english language, by, hey, what's the point on wasting it on a piece of shit like you? Don't bother wasting your time with a thesaurus either, as your do with all your posts on minerbumping, along with extensive use of something like 'Think Exist' I am sure. Yea, don't worry boy, I see right through you and, frankly, I'm too old for this shit, older that you're ever likely to become with your attitude towards your fellow man. Karma is a bitch.

 Whoa!  Cheerios meet piss!  I am sure I can say without any chance of being gainsayed that "he mad".  I am sure none of us have EVER had such an insulting, angry and poorly written communication in our entire Eve play-life.  OK, sarcasm.  I make war on a bot aspirant alliance and I get bot aspirant backlash.  Even "shock-face!" would be too ironic.  I mean, what is the point of such a message?  To make sure I know how much I am getting to them?  Its just so counterproductive to achieving any positive result for U.S.A.T.O that I just have to put it down to the frustration of a too serious person who just had to vent over his impotence.

Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.
Ronald Reagan

So, I wrote back.

_______________________________________________________________________Re: Hey Fuckwit

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Bayani Reyes

Liasion (sic) Officer Reyes,

  Very good to hear from someone representing U.S.A.T.O .  Over the last few days I haven't even SEEN anyone on-line much less had a chance to chat so its good to know that you all haven't packed it in completely.  Just 80% of you.

  As I skim through your recent message I did not see anything about your alliance surrendering and bringing this unpleasantness to a satisfactory close.  Perhaps you have not read through my entire blog post, your eve mails or your own internal communications enough to know that U.S.A.T.O doesn't HAVE to be destroyed.  It can just submit.

  Before I repeat my few requirements for ending the war I would like to state that I broke no rules.  As an Agent of the New Order I was working to improve highsec by removing the bots and bot aspirants that were plaguing the highsec miner community.  Only non Code compliant miners received my attention and I was patient with them as I tried to save them from their destructive lifestyle.  I explained all of this to liberty and others in alliance chat but the dialogue was poisoned by several, now former, members who aspired to afk mine and made remarks, very insulting, about me both in game and in RL.  Much like yours below.
liberty's insistance that I be kicked from my long time corporation for not following the vague rules of an alliance I never asked to join was, and remains, a point on which I expect, no, demand, to receive satisfaction.

  My demands are these:

1.  The alliance will purchase a New Order mining permit for each member of the alliance at 10,000,000 ISK each.
2.  Each alliance member (if active) will update his bio to read "I support James 315 and the New Order of Highsec" AND "My Agent is Bing Bangboom"
3. Each Corporation and Alliance description will be changed to read "We support James 315 and the New Order of Highsec".  All insults to me will be removed.  These are all permanent changes to the bios and cannot be recended.  Like Zing1 did.
4.  All members of U.S.A.T.O will comply fully with the New Halaima Code of Conduct while present in highsec.
5. liberty will offer surrender using the in game function.

  There.  That's not so bad, is it?  Could be done in a day as I am willing to be flexible about item 2 since so many never log on.  Nobody needs to be destroyed at all, neither liberty "probably the nicest guy in Eve" or liberty "the barely literate, foul mouthed, insulting but impotent leader of a (mostly) dead alliance".

  So give him my regards when you advise him to just give up already.  And welcome back to Eve!

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

  Polite, to the point, concise.  Well, not concise because I never am.  But I present a clear path for them to follow if they actually want to end the war.  Unfortunately, they have principles or some such bushido that prevents them from apologizing for the way I was treated back in my own U.S.A.T.O days so I instead get space lawyering.
2013.10.09 21:50
Re: Re: Hey Fuckwit

From: Bayani Reyes
To: Bing Bangboom

So glad that my mail, sole typo aside, grabbed your attention and caused one fatal error on your part.

The EULA clearly states you cannot demand another player changes their biography for whatever reason, your proganda-filled response to my initial mail contains this very demand.

Ticket on-route to CCP. Nice messing with you, fly boy. Don't play a player :)

Oh, and truth hurts :P

  Argh!  They got me.  I am REPORT!  However, he may be on to something.  I remember when the bio change first came up that some Agent somewhere was told to stop demanding the noobs change their bios and we just started "suggesting" they do it.  Fair enough.  I somewhat remember it being related to confusion on just how official the New Order of Highsec was and the miners being afraid they would be banned by CCP for not doing it.  That doesn't apply here of course.  But still, there was precident so I went looking to see if "The EULA clearly states you cannot demand another player changes their biography for whatever reason".

  "SHOCKFACE!" (this is a better spot for it).  It doesn't.  In fact, neither the EULA nor the TOS mention the bios at all.  I've played Eve long enough to know this doesn't mean I won't be getting an evemail from a GM telling me I can't do it but its not going to be because the EULA clearly states anything about it what so ever.  SO, I hereby officially change my "demand" for items 2 and 3 to a "suggestion".

  It's been 18 hours since I was reported.  (I wonder how many reports have been filed on me.  I mean, I'm not James... really I'm not.... but I've been bumping miners for over a year now... I bet someone at CCP has a folder with my name on it just STUFFED full of tearful anger... ahh, fame.)    I haven't heard from CCP yet.  If I get nailed of course I will fess up, unless I get disappeared somehow, but right now all is quiet.

  Anyone have the number for Babatunde B Babatunde?

Trust, but verify.
Ronald Reagan

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Zynda
"I've finally stopped getting dumber." epitaph of Paul Erdős

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Mistrum Ridcully
I'm still trying to figure this one out: "You make me want to wretch".

Is Mr. Reyes saying that he wishes to become a person pitied for his misfortune, or that he wishes to become a person of despicable and base character?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Chara
Srry just bad spelling....but what ever you say mate....you can follow you false idol Bing all you want but till he actualy has the guts to face me in space then i have nothing more to say. Have fun

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Chara
Bing....this would not be a war of words if only you would actually do what it is you keep telling these poor chums that blindly follow you, and come face me...I'm not the one running away here or hiding all day in a safe spot....prove me wrong and face me...anytime. I'm not going anywhere....I promise...or you just gonna hire more merc's to do the work you're too scared to do yourself?....if the point of this whole war against us is to kill us with boredom...you are doing an outstanding job!

And for all you poor saps that love his little fictional stories of heroism.....you have obviously never been in local with the great and mighty Bing Bangboom when he is running from some angry miners.....I tell you it's f***ing hilarious!.....and even in defeat he still manages to delude himself. I could go on for ages and tell you how pointless he is but I have the feeling his fan base is made up of simple minded teeny fan boys with a very limited ability to think for themselves. So this will be the last time i visit this sorry excuse of a forum or even bother to defend my alliances honor and such cos really it means very little when I'm just flying around doing AS I PLEASE with no retaliation from Bing...we mine and party while he just hides...only ever venturing out when we fall asleep from shear boredom and sniffs around our rear ends like a stray mutt......Laters...Chara!

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Tear Connoisseur
Like the finest wine, this thread just keeps getting better and better with age.

The tears spilled by Chara above are liquid gold.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Sol Kal'orr
That bit where he says he has "nothing more to say" then posts again half-an-hour later was simply lovely.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Mistrum Ridcully
I'm wondering if Chara and a number of other commenters are the same person. They share the same obsession with ellipses while remaining unaware of the purpose of the ellipsis and the need to place a space before and after. They also share the same uncertainty as to whether the ellipsis contains ... three dots .... or four dots ..... or five dots ...... or even six dots.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Rennseslear
that was my first thought as well.  too funny!
Ewe Oar Sofa King We Tall Did

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Zak Fey
If I was a CCP GM, I would leak all of those tearful petitions. I wonder if they have their very own version of a bingo card?
1 ... 3456789 ... 13