Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

1 ... 45678910 ... 13

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Rennseslear
wouldnt that be the funniest thing ever!  a CCP corkboard LOADED with whiny ass bears complaining about stuff so retarded it becomes bulletin board material.
Ewe Oar Sofa King We Tall Did

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Mark Twain

  It has now been eight days since I was reported for a "clear" violation of the EULA by demanding that U.S.A.T.O change their bios as part of my surrender terms.  In that time I've played Eve everyday except for a four day Fall break trip to the mountains and I haven't seen any sign of official CCP displeasure.  No Evemails, no private convos and my bio remains defiantly intact.  Maybe the fact that I am officially at war with them allows for a wider discretion in what can be demanded of other players.  It certainly falls into CCP's general preference for using existing ROE to settle player to player conflicts.  Although it is often eroneous to use real world examples for Eve questions it is not outside normal boundaries to demand that the defeated make certain statements to the fact.

  I moved a few more assets to Simela to confront U.S.A.T.O in their new home.  I found they had an office there and saw a bit of PvP activity on the killboards where liberty managed to lose a Rifter, a Drake and a pod to some terrorist unassociated with me.  So I began my surveilance as usual, sitting cloaked in system, waiting, watching, lurking....

  liberty responded by completely reorganizing his alliance.  He formed a new corp, Prime Regimental Idealogical Military Enforcer's (where does he come up with these names?), with a new alt as CEO and shoved his one belligerent into it.  Down the Road I Go lost all but one member as he moved the remaining members into his 'minning" corp.  And he seems to have picked up a new member.  Alliance activity seems to be relegated to times I'm not expected to be around.  All in all, back to the normal op tempo of U.S.A.T.O past, they don't log on much.

  But when they are on, they talk.  I often return to find both local and my mail box full of defiance.  I guess when you are sitting in station with a lot of time on your hands you just want to do SOMETHING.

  First, from the official liaison of U.S.A.T.O I got this:
And So To Close

From: Bayani Reyes (R.I.P)
To: Bing Bangboom

Firstly, let me open with an apology. I went in full-tilt-boogie with my first email to get the reaction that I wanted. It was successful but, such was your reply, I see now I merely had to contact you for you to go blindly into your propaganda, when, in reality you're actually on a one-man mission to destroy the virtual assets of another man. Hardly noteworthy but, I guess whatever gets you through the night.
Let me correct one another thing, however. This isn't a war of words. I've said my piece, others have as well, this is true. But this mail marks the last such communication, afterall, I said my role in all this was only ever temporary. Most of us simply have no interest in the war itself, you see, beyond our simple regard towards liberty.

The fact is, we're all happy with alts or new mains and all agree this fight between yourself and liberty will continue forevermore. If you both feel such is right then that is what will happen, beyond the shadow of any doubt.
I haven't got any powerful friends in Null, I haven't any strings to pull. In the five years I have been playing EVE Online, I have done most things but, no, no non-existent connections to aim in your direction. In reality, I'm back in New Eden, I have moved any assets I needed to move and can PLEX my new account well into 2014. If EVE survives beyond that, time will tell.

So, I will close hoping one day you realise how silly this all is; you're attacking a chatroom more than a Corporation or an Alliance. Sorry to tell you that you're not the reason for that either, no, times change, people move on, real life very much takes over. Yes, your campaign did indeed drive off a number of newer members and corporations, hats off to you there but the core will always remain, it is unmoveable with regard to its relationship with liberty itself, a man we all have the upmost respect for to this day.

In closing, fly safe o/
,
Liaison Officer.

  I got all teary eyed reading that.  The sheer evolution of Bayani Reyes on full display.  From the vitriolic rage, combined with allusions to personal violence, through "I'm gonna tell!" all the way to the final "I don't really care", we see on display the life cycle of the wardecced carebear.

 And its inevitable end as I found that Bayani Reyes had moved himself into Doomheim and personal extinction.  He's dead, Jim.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Mark Twain

Re: And So To Close

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Bayani Reyes (R.I.P)

Citizen Reyes (Chara Tsutola)

I'm sorry you didn't stay around long enough for us to engage in game. I really enjoyed your emails so I was hoping you were going to back it up with a personal mission to scourge me out of U.S.A.T.O space. Ah well, good luck in your new corp. At least Chara is still set red and we can continue our cat and rat game.

If you go look at the minerbumping forum thread you will see where you messed up on keeping your identities separate where you answer a comment made about one of your personna's while using the other. Don't worry about that. I do it ALL the time while running Bing and Spine Ripper simultaneously in Kino.

I do think you have taken the situation more seriously than a game warrents. If liberty wasn't enjoying this he could end it today. He has chosen to keep the war going by refusing my "requests" and so he is as responsible as I am for the continuation of hostilites. I do find it interesting that you like and admire liberty. He treated me quite harshly over a difference of opinion about good and evil in Eve. Since then his comments to me in local have been VERY insulting in a personal manner while I have, admittedly, made fun of his unique take on the English language. I realize he is not a native speaker so perhaps it is a bit cruel of me to enjoy his "Popeye" style of turning a phrase. But, his and my former aquaintences in Ded End Conglomorates are quite convincing in their accusations that liberty absconded with both a can of BPOs and a POS that were not strictly his when he departed that organization. Along with the deceit played upon me by Zing1 and Phoenix Louvre you can see why I don't see the U.S.A.T.O members as the good guys in this contest.

Finally, I will, once again, point out that the decision to kick me out of U.S.A.T.O was a poorly thought out one. In addition to it leading to what we have here, it deprived the alliance of a member who was enthusiastic about PvP, although admittedly middle of the road in ability. A better decision would have been to make use of my contacts and experience to attract miners into what could have been a fully Code compliant alliance where they could have created the industrial organization that I have nipped in its infancy. The decision to fight 'em instead of join 'em was a poor one.

As my good friend, Tora Bushido , with whom I share the minerbumping channel, has said, "its just business". Surely if the Marmite Collective, which famously wardecs corps and alliances JUST like U.S.A.T.O , meets the standards of U.S.A.T.O, the New Order of Highsec could have squeaked in.

Best of luck in your new (tiny) corner of space.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

Since dead men tell no tales I decided to forward the evemail to Chara (the Slut) Tsutola with a short observation:

Just forwarding to you. After I spent all this time writing my reasonable and tightly worded reply I saw where you had stuck poor Bayani. Didn't want my fine work to go to waste so here you go.

BBB

He did not like this:

Re: FW: Re: And So To Close

From: Chara Tsutola
To: Bing Bangboom

Dear bing....your an idiot...i only ever spoke as myself and not another persona....so believe what you will...what i said still stands...come and face me plz!!!1 i am dying of boredom!!
lv chara

The varying ellipse's make their reappearance.  Single commas and periods are called for.  Ah well, the state of modern education.

  So, WHOOT WHOOT! the war goes on.  I have high hopes for this weekend having missed the last one while on the afore mentioned vacation.  Will Chara get his demanded head to head?  Will some U.S.A.T.O minner slip up and have an unexpected visitor?  Will liberty dissolve into a chuckling bag of random word generation?  Will Zazz Razzamatazz's war target stop stealing my stuff?   Come back for our next exciting adventure!  Same Bing time!  Same Bing channel!

To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
Mark Twain

Postscript

While futily waiting for any of U.S.A.T.O to play Eve, I returned to Kino to enforce the Code as Kino still sucks and needs its ass kicked daily.  In one of those perfect timing things that rarely actually happen I will just put this here.

Bing Bangboom > Miners of Kino ! By choosing to mine in this New Order system you have agreed to follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct!
Bing Bangboom > www.minerbumping.com
Lord Ralphi > Biteme
Bing Bangboom > Each miner must have a one year mining permit, available from any Agent of the New Order for 10,000,000 ISK.
Bing Bangboom > Any miner without a permit is subject to bumping or ganking.
Ader Baru > whaza?
Ader Baru Bing Bangboom whaza?
Bing Bangboom > what?
Ader Baru > This is not ice
Bing Bangboom > you don't have a permit?
Ader Baru > Permits are for ice, if I'm not mistaken
Bing Bangboom > you are mistaken
Spine Ripper Kill: Ader Baru (Retriever) no permit
Ader Baru > Thank you motherfucker
Ader Baru > Whadafuck, you guys control all of Kino mining things?
Lord Ralphi > no, they just think they do
Bing Bangboom > all of highsec mining actually.
Lord Ralphi > just another bad attempt at RPG by folks
Ader Baru > Oh!!! In all 4 empires?
Bing Bangboom > we control all systems with sec status between .5 and 1.0
Lord Ralphi > yea...yea...yea
Ader Baru > I know that this is the definition of High Sec
Bing Bangboom > and we are the New Order of Highsec... so it works
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

John E Normus
Bing, F Kino.

Also, I love this thread!
John XIII, proud member of the MinerBumping channel, October 2012 - February 2014.  RIP you magnificent bastard

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Bayani Reyes (R.I.P)

LOL #2

 Will Zazz Razzamatazz's war target stop stealing my stuff?
-That one kept me laughing all the way through the postscript-
Ewe Oar Sofa King We Tall Did

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
Suppose they gave a war and nobody came.
Some damn hippie
or Charlotte E. Keyes
or The Monkees
A ripoff of Carl Sandburg

  Facing the imminent threat of being pushed off the first page of the FORUM I was moved to action, despite having very little action to report.

  U.S.A.T.O has packed it in once again.  Other than one unsuspecting noob who I ambushed while doing noobish stuff they have scattered, shattered and skee-dattered.  The few who log in sit in station or run a few dispirited Sisters missions and then log.  There IS one who travels back and forth from Kamokor to Jita and back with long periods of station sitting interspersed.  My , uh, "internal sources" tell me that corp and alliance chat are dead and that there are no coordinated activities of any kind.  The miners who I used to pop by to see, well, "pop"  have all quit logging on.

  Although my terms of surrender do NOT include the destruction of U.S.A.T.O, but only the predicted outcome if liberty refuses to meet them,  I find myself once again considering how the current situation is preferable to liberty as opposed to putting his "principles" aside, ending the war, and attempting to resusitate his "dead as Elvis" alliance.  He has only to meet my demands (and suggestions) to get the wardec lifted and then he can get back to recruiting hapless rookies " to venture into the depths of New Eden and own a little part of it?"  As things stand now they don't even venture into the kiddie pool.

  And yet, he won't do it.  A broken husk of an alliance is worth it to him.  Pity the poor neophyte who liberty somehow manages to convince to "jern up" with the ambitious, high sounding words of the alliance advert only to find nothing but tumbleweeds, coyotes and crickets.  And all because liberty will not consider The Code differently than his initial, knee-jerk reaction when it first arrived on his doorstep in the form of a smiling, chuckling Baby Bing.  liberty chooses annihilation when we offer resurgence.  liberty chooses silence when we offer interaction.  liberty chooses death instead of the life the New Order brings to highsec.  U.S.A.T.O deserves better leadership than this.

Близо́к локото́к, да не уку́сишь.
So near and yet so far.
 (Literal: Your elbow is close, yet you can't bite it.)
Old Russian Proverb

  I was going to put in that Patton quote about understanding Russians but it was too harsh even for me.  Look it up if you care to.  The way CCP makes James keep his blog clean of "CCP quotes" is enough to keep me from giving them the opportunity to ban me for posting Patton's opinion of our Slavic play-mates here.  So, I put something that, to me, shows just how much those guys think different from us.   And why googling their comments in local seems to always make it seem they are talking about cats who can't find a stove or something.

 Anyway, with U.S.A.T.O crushed (again) I find that I have developed something of a taste for war and that I miss it when its denied to me.  Much like Count Vlad I find myself driven to seek out more and more conflict and that the simple act of just killing (via Spine Ripper) cannot assuage my sophisticated tastes anymore.  The miners of Kino have adjusted so thoroughly to the steady destruction of bot aspirants that they have all either 1) bought permits, 2) switched to Procurers and Skiffs or 3) tanked heavily and flee at the first whiff of my aftershave.  In other words, they have resigned themselves to the presence of the New Order in their various ways and killing them seems more like harvesting than education.  Not that I'm going to stop!  Oh no.  I was once accused of experiencing a mild sexual release when my victim dies.  If I ever had that, its gone now in Kino.

  So, back to the Russians.  There is a particular corp of Russians who I have "interacted" with over the last month or so in Kino as they have mined ice and ore.  The time difference has made a bit of overlap difficult but I see a few all the time and lots of them on the weekends.  After losing a few ships to Spine Ripper (and returning defiant replies to Bings invitation to buy permits) they have taken to mining in packs, with Orca and ECM drone support.  They have, in other words, created a tasty looking, but hard to crack, nut.  Still, I'm game and made a run at one particularly obnoxious miner this weekend.  It did not go well.

  Within seconds of my first volley I was jammed by the drones and left helplessly waiting for the arrival of CONCORD.  To make it worse, after my explosion, the Orca looted and salvaged my wreck.  A total, humiliating loss in front of the entire ice field.  Now, as everyone knows, I am a mature, reasonable individual and I am quite capable of just moving on and declaring such a setback as a learning experience.  Yeah.  That's the ticket.  However, as so often occurs, I was provoked by the mean spirited actions of the miners.

  For the next thirty minutes the Russian miners filled local with comments (in Cyrillic) about topics ranging from my birth to my eventual death with various observations about the life I was living in between.  Unable to keep up with the steady flow of Russ-chat, I sampled several comments and found them to be consistently oddly phrased and extremely demeaning.  One theme I did pick up on though was they believe they had neutralized me and that I would no longer be of concern to them.  Perfect!

  So, tonight I will declare war on Cube Holdings, a 14 man corporation, composed of Russian highsec miners.

  I can hear you out there saying, "Bing!  This is the same thing that got you into the war with Robotik Star Empire and allowed U.S.A.T.O to get up off the mat".  To you who are saying that I have two replies.  1. You are right and B. Shut up.   If you check the killboard of Cube Holdings you will see that they are the worst kind of bot aspirants who, despite many opportunities (ganks by both New Order and Gevlon's latest obsession), think they can deny their true spot in the food chain.  Their condescending and insulting attitude about the Code should concern any Agent of the New Order, especially one as zealous and bunny-boilerish as me.  I shall drive them across the frozen tundra of the Kino icefields!  I shall burn their ships and their drone minions!   I shall harry them to Vladivostok and back!

  OK, calm down.  Ah... better.   This is a demonstration war.  Kino has gotten complacent.  Most of the miners have taken just enough precaution to believe that they are immune to a single Knight of the New Order.  Time to light things up.

Well, boys, I reckon this is it — nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies. Now look, boys, I ain't much of a hand at makin' speeches, but I got a pretty fair idea that something doggone important is goin' on back there. And I got a fair idea the kinda personal emotions that some of you fellas may be thinkin'. Heck, I reckon you wouldn't even be human bein's if you didn't have some pretty strong personal feelin's about nuclear combat. I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down. I tell you something else, if this thing turns out to be half as important as I figure it just might be, I'd say that you're all in line for some important promotions and personal citations when this thing's over with. That goes for ever' last one of you regardless of your race, color or your creed. Now let's get this thing on the hump - we got some flyin' to do.
Major T. J. "King" Kong
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Jayem See
I've spent a very casual evening reading EVERY post here.  Highly entertaining.  Almost enough to make me re-sub, but not quite!

Good luck on your adventure and please keep posting!  Funny as fuck man.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
 They crossed over the border the hour before dawn
moving in lines through the day
 Alistair Ian Stewart

  Returning home late Friday night I found my new war and my new war targets active.  A check of their corporate information showed I had been wrong about Cube Holdings having fourteen members as I had either bad information or it was "Russian Rush Week" and they now boasted a 28 member census.  My locator Agent got right to work and I and my neutral alt were soon on their way to Soshin system, some 19 jumps away.  When my alt entered the system he spotted two of my opponents in local.

  Warping around checking belts and stations produced no contact so out came the Sisters probes and I was soon rewarded with a ping from two Procurers and a Ret in an anamoly.  Warping in (cloaked) I found them busily mining a big holey rock.  Using my patented "sneaking up on the poor bastards" technique I maneuvered my craft within 5000m, avoiding the asteroids and cans and called for incoming fire.  Bing popped into system, warped to my alt and locked up, scrambled and engaged one of the Procurer's (the Ret having made a trip back to station during my approach).  By the name I identified him as an alt of one of the miners who had prompted this war by his remarks made in Kino local so some satisfaction seemed imminent.

  He had five Hob Is in the drone bay.  They stayed there.  The one active move he made was to initiate self destruction but he popped before the timer ran out.  He did manage to get his pod out before I could lock it.  The other player made no attempt to interfere and just sat in station.  I collected the few items dropped and sent my alt off to find someone else.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20156114

  Cube Holdings appears to have abandoned Kino which is a wise move since its clearly New Order territory (and I just happen to be there A LOT) so I did a lot of moving around as I chased members around Saturday.  The first one I found was in Kakakela where I astutely identified her as flying a Scorpion Navy Issue, aided by the tendency of most of the corp to not rename their ships (Don't they teach that in a tutorial somewhere?).  I repeated my performance of neutral scanning, locating, stealthy warpin and found the two month old player (how do they get these ships in TWO months?) reinacting the Mongol invasion as she sat in the center of about 40 NPCs firing away.  Bing arrived immediately after.

 My Jaguar is way underpowered for such a target but I locked, scrambled and got under her guns and unleashed Hell!  Plink.  Plink.  Plink.  I swear I saw the shield move a little but it may have been my NPC allies doing the damage.  Still, things look encouraging until the Gurista bastards turned on me and began shooting me too.  Treachery!

  As my shields melted, I quickly made a bookmark, warped to station, repped up and warped back to find Demonica Kyrye still sitting in the same spot, firing away.  In retrospect she may not actually have noticed me the first time.  So, I locked, scrambled and fired some more.  DAMN GURISTAS!  WHY YOU TEAR DOWN MY CHITTY GANK?!?!?!  Out I go again.

  THIS time she noticed as she warped to station, docked up, called me a "Schmuck" in local (in Russian) and eventually logged off.  Using my alt I scanned down another member of the corp (in what turned out to be a Kestral), warped to his acceleration gate, and was denied entrance for my Jaguar.  I forgot those things were ship limited.  That one got away but I've moved one of my trusty Rifters that I had nearby from my old can flipping days into system for future attempts.

  Not far from Karakela is the system of Maurasi.  My locator Agent told me there was a target there so my scanner alt (I use a Buzzard) popped in and after a bit of a search scanned and pin pointed a Noctis out in no where land.  It turned out to be Stanislav Kulemin cleaning up a mission.

  Plop Plop!  Fizz Fizz!  Oh, what an adrenaline rush it is.  Bing arrives, Bing sees, Bing conquers.  He was mostly finished with his salvaging so I take all his loot and then clean up the remaining wrecks.  While I'm doing this he reappears in a Drake.  As he sees me heading RIGHT AT HIM! he decides that either I'm insane or he is and makes the decision to not find out.  He warps away.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20170556

  As I lurk about, hoping for him to come back I notice two more members of Cube Holdings enter system.  These appear to be of a different caliber than my previous playmates and I become cautious.  Especially when Stan (the Man?) comes back to the gank spot in a Kestral.  I put a little distance between his ship and mine and soon we are joined by a Prophecy and a Tengu.  I shake a little tailfeather for a while and then warp to a safe spot.  Dscan shows them warping wildly about trying to find me but no luck and, after tormenting them for a while (and declining an invite to "1 v 1", yeah, right) I head off after another target.

  But it was getting late in Moscow and I suspect the word was out that I was showing up in unexpected places and doing unacceptable things to the guys and the rest I located Saturday were holed up in stations.  I logged for the night.

 And far away behind their lines, the partisans are stirring in the forest
Coming unexpectedly upon their outpost, growing like a promise
You'll never know, you'll never know, which way to turn, which way to look you'll never see us
As we steal into the blackness of the night you'll never know, you'll never hear us
Same guy

  OK, I know in the song the Russians win... sort of.  But just go along with it.  Sunday comes and with it an announcement!  An ally has joined the war.  D A R K Homeworld enters against me.  I contact the BSA (Bing Security Agency, not the Boy Scouts) and find this about the new guys.
Небольшая корпорация D A R K Homeworld, живущая в хайсеке, примет в свои ряды пилотов всех направлений и возрастов. Наша корпа занимается пвп в империи и получает от этого фан, о чем будет подробнее написано ниже.

Немного информации о корпорации:
Мы, по своей сути, являемся пвп хай сек корпорацией. Многие в рекрут канале спрашивают, что это значит. Чтобы много раз не повторять одно и тоже, чуть-чуть расскажу о нашей корпорации. Мы назначаем вары различным корпорациям либо альянсам, которые живут в империи. Дальше все предельно просто и разнообразно происходит; то есть либо мы летим искать и воевать с противниками( соло, ганг, без разницы, кому как интереснее и удобнее), либо к нам прилетают. По словам вам покажется, что это неинтересно и тупо т.к, скажете вы, настоящее пвп в лоу и нулях, но вы серьезно ошибаетесь! в чем же преимущества хайсечного пвп? Далее я буду рассказывать относительно и на примере нашей корпорации:
-никаких КТА и подобных обязаловок.
-вы совершенно свободны в своем выборе лететь на пвп либо нет
-у вас не падает сс от убийства шипов и подов противников
-реал превыше всего(это не обсуждается). Никто вам не скажет, что его не ипет, что у вас сегодня намечается грандиозная пьянка и вы должны забить на все и полюбому лететь в ганге.
-никто посторонний не мешает вам проводить бои(за исключением левых логистов в жите и пиратосов на андоке станций, которые считают своим долгом вас отбампать)
-куча фана, веселья и пвп.
Мы кидаем вары абсолютно всем и карибасам и майнерам, но самое интересное это воевать с такими же пвп хай сек корпорациями; тут начинаются серьезные зарубы. Основной он лайн 18.00-00.00 по мск, по выходным проводим в игре больше времени.
Если вы любите пвп, не хотите летать на КТА и не хотите отмывать несколько недель сс, чтобы отдохнуть от лоу и полетать в импе на нормальном шипе, а не на поде, тогда вы обратились по адресу

З.Ы. Ин гейм канал: DHWR, пишите и вам обязательно ответят. По интересующим вопросам также обращаемся на канал DHWR и пишем рекрут офицерам.

  I wish I got paid by the word for this blog.  Instead of nothing.  But I digress.  Run through the translator I find:

A small Corporation D A R K Homeworld, living in hajseke, will join pilots of all types and ages. Our Korpa is PvP in the Empire and gets from this fan, as more is written below.

A little information about us:
We, in essence, are a PvP high s Corporation. Many in the rookie channel asking what it means. To many times not to repeat the same thing, just a little bit of our Corporation. We assign vary different corporations or alliances that live in the Empire. Then everything is very simple and varied; that is, either we fly search and fight with opponents (solo, Ganges, no difference, as more interesting and easier), or to fly. According to you feel that it is uninteresting and dull because, you say, real PvP at Lowe's and zeros, but you're seriously mistaken! What are the advantages hajsečnogo PvP? Next I will talk about and the example of our Corporation:
-any ACTS and similar obligations.
-you are absolutely free to choose to fly on PvP or not
-you did not fall off the SS from killing spikes and Plank Flooring opponents
-real first (not discussed). No you will not say that its not ipet you have today is a monumental booze and you need to score at all and polûbomu fly into the Ganges.
-no stranger to battles you (except in sub-Saharan Africa and logisticians left piratosov the andoque language stations that you consider it their duty to otbampat′)
-a bunch of fun, fun and PvP.
We throw everything and vary karibasam and majneram, but the most interesting this fight with the same PvP Hi s corporations; There are serious zaruba. The main online 18: 00-00: 00 Moscow time, weekends are in the game longer.
If you like PvP, don't want to fly on CTA and do not want to wash a few weeks to get away from the MOP, Lowe and fly in the normal šipe and not at the bottom, then you've come to the right place

PS In the game channel: DHWR email and you will be answered. For questions also call on channel DHWR and write the rookie officers.

  There are 50 of them and they have quite an impressive killboard with lots of recent, highsec kills.  They have numerous concurrent wars going on.  I do note that most of the kills are by a few players AND that they seem to be actively recruiting new players (ie, cannon fodder).  I put the entire corp on terrible contact status and resolve to not "fly into the Ganges".... or sub-Saharan Africa.

  I spent the day chasing Cube Holdings members around highsec without catching anyone.  They have lost 8 members to other corps in two days.  I was confused at first when the locator Agent showed some of them, deep, deep, deep in null sec in Northern Associates space.  I couldn't figure out how they could go into NBSI territory while still in an unallianced corp.  Then I saw some of their character sheets said they WERE in Northern Associates.  This was confusing for a bit until I realized they had left Cube Holdings and joined Cube Ural corporation which uses the same insignia.  In an interesting repeat of history, the Russians had pulled their valuable assets back to the Urals, just like in WW II.  You can learn SO MUCH playing Eve.

  So, after a few somewhat alarming moments when I thought I was at war with the entire NA  (current pop: 5,563) I looked in on liberty stationed up in Osmon and went and watched "The Hobbit" again.  In probably over 100 jumps on Sunday I never saw one of the D A R K Homeworld members in local.  I suspect timezone issues.

  Apart from declining to "1 v 1" versus a Prophecy and a Tengu I have not had any words with Cube Holdings since i started fighting them.  I will wait a few days and then issue my demands (and suggestions).  Since I assume they will have to translate my communications I intend to give them something special.  But that is for later.  112,000,000 ISK to nothing is just a good start.

 And it's cold and damp in the transit camp and the air is still and sullen
and the pale sun of October whispers the snow will soon be coming
And I wonder when, I'll be home again and the morning answers never
And the evening sighs and the steely, Russian skies go on,
forever...
Al Stewart

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  I thought about quotes from Stalin or Lenin but I decided instead to put quotes from an equally famous political philosopher buried in my post today.  See if you can spot it!

   Cube Holdings is disintegrating quickly.  In order to defeat them before they disappeared I went ahead and got my ultimatum out.  I sent it to the CEO of Cube Holdings (Eve EKB) and the CEO of D A R K Homeworld (MonstreIvan) as well as several members of CH that had not yet departed.  They are down to 19 members last night and I only saw former members active.

Fan mail from a Flounder

From: Bing Bangboom
To: MonstreIvan, nera volpe, Alex Fehrnarh, Eve EKB, Franky Yanumano, Demonica Kyrye, Gotti Turanga, Naru Remus

Fearless Leader!

For several of your Earth days now, we have been engaged in deadly combat. Of course, all the death has been on your side while most of the combat has been on mine. I see several of your members have duplicated the proven Russian tactic of withdrawing to the Urals whilst others have fled to various non-combatant corporations. This is a common occurrence as I have destroyed or nearly destroyed three alliances/corporations already this year. You have the honor of being the potential fourth. I, being merciful, will allow you to save yourselves by meeting certain demands (and suggestions).

You may not even be aware of why you were wardecced. Well, you will be shocked to learn that some of your miners have been mining in Kino, a New Order system, without the required paperwork, to wit, a New Order mining permit. See www.minerbumping.com for full details. My attempts to sell them permits have not been met with a very good attitude on their part. To clear up this issue and end the war, you will comply with the following demands.

1) All members of Cube Holdings will purchase a one year mining permit from the New Order of Highsec for 10,000,000 ISK each, payable to me.
2) You will immediately turn over to me Moose and Squirrel.
3) I strongly suggest you change the bios of the members of Cube Holdings and the corp description to include “I (we) support James 315 and the New Order of Highsec”.
4) Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat. Nothing up my sleeve… ROAR!!!! I’m gonna need another hat.
5) The Corp CEO will use the surrender function to offer surrender.
6) Here, cleverly disguised as a bomb, is a bomb.
7) All members of Cube Holdings will follow the New Halaima Code of Conduct found at www.minerbumping.com.
8) Eenie meenie chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak.

Once these demands are met I will accept your surrender and you can return to your normal activities. Until such time as this occurs I will continue to hunt your members and destroy them utterly. Your allies in D A R K Homeworld will be allowed to withdraw in peace as long as they do so immediately.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

  I know the way that the D A R K Homeworld corp description reads is more a weakness of Bing Translator (official communication tool of DAMAG Safety Commission... how could I use anything else?) than of the writing skill of the Russian-speaking CEO.  I hope that it does a similar butchering of my letter to them.

  I got a response from the D A R K Homeworld CEO.

2013.10.29 13:36
Re: Fan mail from a Flounder

From: MonstreIvan
To: Bing Bangboom, nera volpe, Alex Fehrnarh, Eve EKB, Franky Yanumano, Demonica Kyrye, Gotti Turanga, Naru Remus

Man, you so funny)) You are bug in High sec, thats all!

  I visualize a 6' 8" blonde, Slavic giant standing right up in my face.  "I must break you."

Yuh.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Ulric Zorn
Bing Bangboom wrote

2) You will immediately turn over to me Moose and Squirrel.
4) Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat. Nothing up my sleeve… ROAR!!!! I’m gonna need another hat.
I LOL'd. Loudly.

My uncle worked on that show.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.

  Time passes.  My enemies scurry in the darkness, jumping at every shadow.  Their alliances have no future, their corps have no meaning.  Each member is alone, so very alone.

  Despite outnumbering me some 200 to 1 my current enemies have fled before me, scattering to the four corners of highsec.  Many, as usual, don't even log on.  The others have moved to systems both distant to me and to each other.  Like gaseous atoms, they expand to fill all of the empty highsec space and even into null as they attempt to avoid me.

  But not successfully.

  Since my last post I have killed several Russians and even a U.S.A.T.O miner right in their new home of Semila.  My M.O. has been the same in each case:
1)  I see who is logged on using my contact Watch list.
2)  One of my locator Agents gives me the 411 on where they are.
3)  My neutral scanner alt heads out, followed closely by Bing.
4)  The alt enters the system, locates the unwary target doing his PvE thing, moves in close and cloaky.
5)  Bing enters system, warps to the alt, engages and blaps the situationally unaware victim.

  I got the same guy two days in a row after he executed the creative tactics of mining in a highsec pocket the first time and brilliantly moving 20 jumps away the second.  He must have thought I was like an African crocodile, stuck to murdering Gnus at the same wateringhole.  I WILL go 20 jumps to kill a war target.  I don't even mind it since I seem to have debris stuck in systems all over highsec and get a little station housecleaning done while I'm in the locale.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20244086
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20324799
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20340813
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20353713

Its always darkest just before it goes pitch black.

   So, anybody see the problem I have?  Anybody?  Did you look at all four kills or did you just yawn and go, "Yeah, dead miners... seen it.  Done it in fact."  And that's the problem.

  Except for the poor sheep that I'm shearing, nobody is bothered by my wardecs.  The Russians have moved to alternate corporations, stayed logged off, or played while I'm sleeping (or working.  That lemonaide don't sell itself).  I'm not sure why the few I've been killing haven't done so.  Maybe nobody told them anything different and they've just been left to die.  In any case, there is no interaction between them and me.  They ignore my emails.  They don't try to defend themselves in space.  They don't do anything.  Its all pointless.

  Remember that this thread is supposed to cover what I learned about wardecs in Eve.  I have to admit that my decision to go it alone has cost me many kills (and Jaguars) as I have been thwarted by small groups of new, inexperienced players acting together.  I also found my frigate fixation to be an issue as the same newish players quickly advanced to Battlecruisers and Battleships.  The same player I jumped in his Kestral was flying a Raven the next week in a PvE mission.  I couldn't tank the damn Guristas who started shooting me even though I was attacking the guy who was trying to kill them!  So, he gets away.

  The point is this.  My enemies COULD fight back and win but they can't be bothered.  Robotnik Star Empire did fight back and after sustaining horrifying losses in the first few days actually pulled things to stalemate or better before losing interest and members.  But eventually my persistance destroyed them.  The same with U.S.A.T.O and now with Cube Holdings.  But it doesn't feel like victory.  I still see some of my old enemies, now in different corps, apparently doing the same things they were doing before I entered their pathetic existences.  Still mining, still running missions, still highsecin' it.  Other than blowing apart their sham organizations I've had no impact on them.  (Not counting those wonderful bio's relegating me to the seventh level of Hell.  Those ALMOST make it all worthwhile.)

  Now, my purpose is never to drive them out of the game.  Instead, I want them to strive, I want them to react, I want them to negotiate and of course, I want them to finally capitulate and accept the Code and support the New Order.  With very few exceptions, I have not succeeded.  I forgot that the opposite of love isn't hate, its indifference.  The people behind the "paintings in space ships" just do not care that I'm at war with them.

  I think its part of being in highsec.  They make so much ISK with so little risk that the occasional loss of even a BS means little to them.  They don't want to be humiliated and they don't want to be ridiculed by the other denizens of highsec so they just avoid the entire unpleasant situation and go off on their own, lonely, self-centered ways.  I understand very much now why James's CSM platform included such strong measures about changing highsec.  These players are unworthy of our game.  They aren't delusional, they know they are weak.  They aren't confused, they know they can't compete.  They are slightly smarter AIs (damn Guristas!).  They make a virtue of their weakness.

  So, these Russians are a lost cause.  I'll kill them until the wardec runs out.  Then they can go back to whatever they were doing.  EXCEPT mining in Kino.  Ganking those miners is one thing that never stops being fun and never stops generating the interaction I crave.

  I will still keep oppressing U.S.A.T.O of course.  liberty, although quiet lately, is still rumbling out there like a distant thunderstorm.  Another storm is inevitable.

That which doesn't kill me just delays the inevitable.
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Velicitia
I like the cut of your jib...

also, I wish I could pull this (or similar shenanigans) off ... any tips?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
The 'morality of compromise' sounds contradictory. Compromise is usually a sign of weakness, or an admission of defeat. Strong men don't compromise, it is said, and principles should never be compromised.
Andrew Carnegie

  Since this is a thread about waging war in Eve I have decided to write my long promised discussion on the economic issues of my wars and specifically discuss how I can afford to wage war as a profession.  Recognizing that while everything in Eve is PvP, everything in Eve is also economic and a war must be won on both the battlefield and in the ISK flows that support my (mighty, heh) war machine.

  Each week I must pay 50,000,000 ISK each to continue my wardecs.  At the present moment I have two ongoing.  4.3 weeks per month x 100,000,000 ISK is not quite a PLEX at today's prices but its a large enough amount to require a source of finance that cannot be supported by just the sale of Ice Harvesters, Mining Laser Upgrade II's and Strip Miner II's despite the large numbers that seem to flow through my hands.  On top of this fee, I have to finance the occasional Jaguar loss, dozens of locator Agent fees a week at 25,000 to 100,000 ISK a pop and the purchase of duplicate scanning and high value pvp ships (I now have TWO Hurricane Fleet Issues sitting in convenient locations).  And of course, I'm funding Spine Rippers gank ships while buying a billion shares from James each month (admittedly with a bit of ISK laundering going on there).

Every act you have ever performed since the day you were born was performed because you wanted something.
Andrew Carnegie

  How do i pay for all this?  Time for my vast shadow economic empire to now be revealed.....

  I have a giant mining fleet isoboxing in 1.0 systems hauling in billions, billions I say, in veldspar every week.  (STUNNED SILENCE!)  Naw, but I do have some alts.

  I currently have three accounts that I pay for with real money.  The neighborhood Dads have been extremely generous with the tips and my lemonaide stand has turned a fine profit once I got the new bathing suit from "Victoria Teens".  Except for the great "Moms of Copperfield Subdivision Raid" which resulted in the shutting down of operations for three days I have had a profitable summer and can easily swing the $45 bucks a month to keep my accounts going.  So, what's on these accounts?

  One is my neutral scanning alt.  I've recounted how this alt enters systems where I suspect enemy activity and provides intel and warp ins that have resulted in the destruction of a number of spazships.  A former can flipper himself, this alt was retired from the business due to a corporation move into an alliance with a particular bias against miner blapping.  So, now he just runs PI and moves a few things while not moonlighting as an irregular Agent of the New Order.  Shhh....

  The second account is where Spine Ripper resides.  The other two slots contain a hauler alt and.... a station trading alt.  Making a pretty good business in skill books, datacores, Rigs, PI products, gas mining products, and tech II weapons this alt can easily make a billion a week, if, and this is a BIG if, if I can stand to go on and update a couple hundred orders, every DAMN DAY.  Fortunately, I had stocked Nitrogen Isotopes before the recent unpleasantness and make a few billion ISK on that alone.  This alt also buys components necessary for the invention and manufacturing of Tech II weapons...  Which the hauler alt dutifuly moves to my manufacturing station.

   So, who is this mystery manufacturer who supplies a major portion of the tech II weapons (including Light Ion Blaster IIs) to one of the major trading hubs?  Well, if you have been keeping count you know there is just one more account.  Its Bing.

  I think I may have mentioned at some point that Bing Bangboom was the creation of a teenage boy when I made an account for him to play Eve with me.  (Hence the name, the haircut and the general "Eddie Haskel" look.) His interest lasted about three days but he intended to mine and manufacture and well, that was Bings upbringing.  Only after the forced retirement of alt one from miner destruction did Bing take over the family business and become the terror of the highsec miners you all know today.  If you travel past the extensive list of Gunnery skills I have, just before you get to Navigation you will come to Industry and there are a lot of skillpoints there.  Plus I am a Scientist, damnit!

  Since I travel a large number of jumps following my targets I, at times, come close to my manufacturing hub where I drop in to restart my 10 each of manufacturing and Invention lines.  The copies I need come from alt one who has access to not only copying but research slots in his friendly alliance and are hauled to the home plant by the hauler alt along with datacores and PI products with frequent stops at the trading hub for the various minerals, moon products and tech I prototypes needed to keep the wheels moving.  This can result in about a billion every couple weeks in profit if dutifully attended to.  Even with the random drop by it still makes money around the clock.  With the PI and the datacore research I'm basically always making ISK.

  And I never mine and I never mission.

  Passive and semi-passive income are the secret to funding my wars.  Because I'm always making ISK while moving Bing from system to system, while ganking with Spine Ripper and even while AFK cloaking I can afford the costs of maintaining a full time war on my current 200 opponents.  I truly believe that almost anyone could if they would just give up the mining and mission running.

  And, no.  I am not a carebear.

There is no class so pitiably wretched as that which possesses money and nothing else.
Andrew Carnegie

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Fawn Tailor
Bing Bangboom = Bruce Wayne

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Yi-ming
More like Tony Stark. A inspiration as always Bing.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams

  liberty and company have run into a giant hole.  A wormhole to be exact.  I know this because the residents of the particular wormhole they went to objected to their presence and gave them a right smacking around leaving the evidence on Eve Kill for all to enjoy.  I also know this because my locator Agents, once so helpful, now decline to admit any knowledge of where the hell U.S.A.T.O is.

  But that hasn't stopped me.  Although the Russian war ended without anymore casualties I did have to survive a gank attempt in Kino (that led to justice in the form of a Covetor and pod kill the next morning) and I was able to track U.S.A.T.O to their highsec jump off point for their wormhole adventures.  From what I observed with my neutral alt the younger players mine in Abhan while the more experienced (liberty has recruited a new class of seven new members) enter the wormhole.  Now, to be honest, I haven't actually found any of my war targets in the wormholes that seem to spawn daily in Abhan.  I found I didn't know much about wormholes so I went and did some research.

  Apparently, the wormholes always have a static exit that spawns in various places as it decays.  From what I understand, this exit appears randomly (?) in various places so I surmise you need to keep somebody in the hole all the time to pop out and tell the rest where the door is.  I do know that the unstable wormhole entrances I found in Abhan have led to different wormholes as I scanned them down over the last week.  liberty's team took a shellacking in J120357 which is a class 3 with no spacial phenomena.  I suspect this was a valuable enough piece of real estate that the older residents took offense to U.S.A.T.O moving in and evicted them.  In any case, the kills were between 11/2 and 11/12 and have ceased since.  The alliance is still in a wormhole, but which one?

  The wormholes that I have found in Abhan seem to be relatively quiet.  I've seen a number of towers, both with force fields and without, a smattering of ships sitting at POSs and even a Cheetah slowly orbiting the highsec end of one of the wormholes.  What I haven't found in any of them was U.S.A.T.O .  One of the interesting things about their losses was the number of mining ships involved.  I had heard that while ninja mining was a thing in wormholes it wasn't a particularly good thing and that sleeper sites was where the ISK was.  Still U.S.A.T.O lost several Rets set up to mine Arkonor, Hemophite and Crokite so they are definitely carebearing it up in the hole.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
Douglas Adams

  The youngest of the miners seem to be persistently in Abhan.  I suspect the wormhole entrance was there at some point but isn't now.  I have taken advantage of this to position my neutral alt there just to keep an eye on things.  This paid off a couple days ago when I sprung an ambush on a miner, costing U.S.A.T.O a Retriever and a pod.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20514827
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20514826

  For those keeping track I've destroyed 770 million ISK versus the lost of about 200 million (dang Jaguars).  I would have had another this morning but getting a billion kilobytes downloaded took out my "before work" gank time (and I suspect kept my intended victim from making his, regular as clockwork, mining run this morning also).

  But my problem remains.  How do I find out which hole liberty is in and how do I find out where the entrance lies?  Knowing liberty he has a tower in there .  Remember "Who here among you wishes to venture into the depths of New Eden and own a little part of it?".  Oh yeah, he's in there.  Yes, how, oh how, will I ever know what is going on inside Prime Resource Investment Minning Econnermy, a corporation of U.S.A.T.O alliance which is actively recruiting new members?

  If anyone DOES have any info (hint, hint, thunk thunk, "on the test") let me know privately.  Please also let me know BEFORE I kill you since the last spy neglected to tell me who he was until after the podding.  Meanwhile, I'll keep watching the noobs to see if any of them lead me to Papa Smurf.

The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks.
Douglas Adams
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.
Alexander the Great

Look at this kill mail.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20568122

See where I got him?  Not "right in the keester" but the location of the kill.

Yes, I found the U.S.A.T.O wormhole.  And I've moved in to stay.

  First of all, I could not have done it without the excellent advice of Malcolm Shinhwa who, in a series of Eve mails, gave me a quick but thorough education on the nature of wormholes and especially wormhole exits.   And I also could not have done it without the cooperation of liberty and the members of his alliance.  Thanks, everybody!

  liberty got things really rolling by losing a Rattlesnake to a wandering horde from Imperial Collective yesterday afternoon.  The timely killmail generated confirmed that he and his crew were still residing in J120357, a matter of some doubt to me.  Armed with this I began using my locator agents to look for members of the corp not currently in the wormhole.  liberty, having been de-snaked and podded was sulking in Simela but I found another member of the corp, Clark Tivianne (see killmail above), sitting in station in Tar.  By the time my neutral alt arrived he had departed.  Scanning down a local wormhole showed it to be the wrong one.   Another locator hit gave me his location as on the move in a system some six jumps away.  I dutifully followed and again missed him.  This time the locator said he was in the wormhole.  So, I began looking in the nearby systems and found a wormhole one system over from his last reported position.  I scanned it down, jumped in and I found myself in J120357.  I bookmarked the static.

  In order to create a system of safe spot for my alt I warped to various planets.  On the very first planet I arrived at I found the U.S.A.T.O Prime POS, an Amarr Medium Tower.   I warped back to the wormhole, jumped out, gave Bing a bookmark for the wormhole entrance and went back in with the alt.

  As I warped near each of the Cosmic Signatures that appeared on noobscan I saw various scary looking rats until I hit the last one.  There I found Clark.  But not alone.  He, in a Dominix, was doing the anamoly with three members of another corp.  They appeared to be quite friendly to each other even naming their ships in a similar convention.  I figured that if I brought Bing in and jumped Clark with the others nearby they would just gang up on me.  So, I waited.  I waited in fact until this morning (for me).

  There is nothing impossible to him who will try.
Alexander the Great

  Logging on with Bing I saw that many of the U.S.A.T.O current active membership were online.  I logged on my alt (in the wormhole) and observed several obvious U.S.A.T.O ships on Dscan.  I popped over to the wormhole and found one of them on the way out.  He of course jumped into the system where Bing awaited.  Long story short, I brought Bing to the wormhole, almost caught him there, chased him to the station and docked up.  Roxxy Dee obviously called for help (in fact he broadcast in local accidently, doh!) and liberty, eventually arrived and began camping me in with his Drake.  Heh.

  Meanwhile in the hole, I had scanned down the ships of interest and had located a second POS, this one belonging to that tribute to modern education, Prime Resource Investment Minning Econnermy.  As I watched, Clark Tivianne arrived in a hauler, swapped out into a Ret and warped away.  Since I had already seen a mining site this morning I followed and found him there.  Apparently he wasn't fitted correctly because he warped back to the POS and then back to the site with me following doggedly.  Eventually he started mining.

  I snuck up close and waited.  Meanwhile, back in highsec, liberty was giving the locals his opinion on life, the New Order and me in particular.  Various spellings of coward and invitations to uncomfortable sexual acts were made while I sat silent.  Then, when the alt was in position, I undocked, warped to the wormhole and jumped through.  Anything liberty said while I was in J120357 is lost to posterity but that's ok because I was too busy to listen.

  I warped to my alt, locked and engaged the Retriever, Clark jumped out and ran away, I destroyed the ship, looted 12 million ISK of drops (whoot!) and headed back to highsec.  I whooshed past liberty still sitting outside the station, docked up and engaged him in witty banter which mostly consisted of linking the killmail and declining honorable 1v1 combat.

  Thanks to Malcolm I understand how I can now sit in the wormhole and engage U.S.A.T.O at my leisure.  And they won't even know when I am there until I want them to know.  This is very cool in my opinion.  I do have to be concerned about their buddies as they appear quite competent but I intend to make that wormhole as inhospitable as I can for liberty and the girls.  I am dug in deep and will not be easily dislodged.

  When I started this thread I said I didn't know what I was getting into.  I figured I would learn a lot about Eve and once again, a new chapter has begun.  Down in the hole!

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion.
Alexander the Great

(Hint:  I'm not afraid.)
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Zazz Razzamatazz
This.
Is.
Fantastic!!

Even WH space is not safe from your justice!

I look forward to what will happen now.

Perhaps a POS bash is in Order?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
Hm, wormholes provide an interesting level of security.  I look forward to reading about your future endeavors.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Jamesdolf

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
I was no chief and never had been, but because I had been more deeply wronged than others, this honor was conferred upon me, and I resolved to prove worthy of the trust.

Geronimo

  As I have embarked on the nomadic lifestyle of following the wandering wormhole static I have criss-crossed highsec from one end to the other.  I have observed the inhabitants of J120357 as they pursued their daily activities, or rather inactivities because it turns out that living in a wormhole involves a LOT of sitting inside the forcefield of a POS.

  Two days ago I observed one of these POS sitters switching into a Procurer.  He predictably warped to an ore site and began extracting the riches therein.  With only one other U.S.A.T.O member in the vicinity, sitting comatose in the POS, I moved my alt in for the warpin and jumped Bing into system.  A short time later I had a Prot and Pod scalp to display on my trophy wall.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=20600551

  Admittedly, as small a victory as possible but from tiny pebbles are born mighty avalanches.  After a short period of contemplation (I think about five minutes), Roxxy Dee decided life outside of the WH (and outside of U.S.A.T.O) had an irresistable appeal and he dropped corp.  U.S.A.T.O was shrinking again.

  Now comes the part where I suffer a couple of significant but humorous setbacks.  I plead guilty to over confidence and ignorance.  I admit my mistakes and move on.  I resolve to make no more.  I fail.

  The first loss was on one of my 20 jump travels to the new wormhole exit.  In this journey I was obligated to cross through a couple losec systems.  I made the trip back and forth several times in the course of a couple days but on my last trip back.... I jumped into a gate camp.  Not only did I lose my Jag but I was podded (no excuse!).  And it was all unnecessary as I observed soon after that the static had moved to another highsec exit.  But I was just warming up.

  I decided that I needed to put a few rounds into the U.S.A.T.O POSs in order to shake things up for liberty.  So, I bought a Hound, fitted it up with torpedo launchers and jumped into the WH.  (Everyone stop shouting "STOP STOP YOU IDIOT!" and listen.)  I warped to the poorly defended POS first, shot it and warped away.  Yay!  Then I went to the main POS, locked, fired, and evaporated.  Got a little too close there.  My mighty stealth bomber tank of 1505 EHP couldn't take the punishment of some 20 pulse lasers.  Yeah, it was that stupid.  I am soliciting advice on this matter.

It required a strong heart to stand up against such talk, but I urged my people to be quiet and not to begin a war.

Chief Joseph

  I have mentioned that U.S.A.T.O had friendly (to them) neighbors in the WH.  I have refrained from attacking the members of 7-Micron because it would not have furthered my war aims and because there are a boatload of them.  So, it was with some surprise that I received a friendly communication from one of them.
Hey

From: Celeste Achasse
To: Bing Bangboom

Hey hows it going?

  How nice!  Being myself I eagerly fired off a reply.

Re: Hey

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Celeste Achasse

Citizen Achasse,

It is going quite well for me.

I am enjoying the experience of pvping in a wormhole. I have noticed your corp is resident in J120357 along with my war targets in U.S.A.T.O . Please be assured that I mean you and your alliance no harm as my issue is with liberty and his crew.

As an Agent of the New Order of Highsec I normally don't extend Code enforcement outside of New Order systems (systems with security status between .5 and 1.0). I only have entered your WH because U.S.A.T.O has fled there under the pressure of my attacks.

If you are interested in how the war between liberty and myself started and how it has progressed to date I recommend you visit www.minerbumping.com. After enjoying the daily blog post by James 315 I suggest you read The Code and then go to the FORUM and read "Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war" by your humble correspondent. I am sure you will agree that I was justified in destroying U.S.A.T.O .

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

Figured I would take the chance to have some friendly discussion.  A Re: Re: was forthcoming.

Re: Re: Hey

From: Celeste Achasse
To: Bing Bangboom

Oh so you are in the Worm hole. Well im sorry to say but that is quite unfortunate. I must inform you that upon entering this wormhole you have made yourself a target for everyone in here not only Liberty's corporation I hope you understand that, You seem like a reasonable man, so i hope you can understand where im coming from when i ask you politely to leave this wormhole and take everyone whom is working with you as well. However if you choose to remain here it will be viewed as an act of hostility and we will be required to take drastic action and force you to leave this hole.
Sincerely,
Celeste Achasse

Rut Rho.  Once again I extend the hand of friendship only to have it slapped away.  I can only assume my fearsome reputation has preceeded me into J120357 and, along with the lies of my enemies, has created an atmosphere of fear around my new neighbors.  Attempting a little literary Fabreeze I try to drive out the stink....

Re: Re: Hey

From: Bing Bangboom
To: Celeste Achasse

Citizen Achasse,

  I expected that I would be targeted in J120357 by your personnel and have been duly cautious.  I am only pointing out that I have, here to fore, refrained from attacking your members as they carried out their various activities as my purpose was not to obtain kill mails but to bring my long existing war against U.S.A.T.O to the place they have fled.

  I specifically have not attacked Kalid Asham or another miner with the surname of Henessy as they have mined under my observation.  Both would have been easy kills as they were sitting unprotected in easily destroyed mining ships, in fact, the same types as Clark Tivienne and Roxxy Dee, who I killed in the last couple days in J120357.

  I realize that space bushido obligates you to threaten me as an interloper in your WH but I am no different than U.S.A.T.O in my relation to you and your organization.  I am merely a fellow resident of J120357 who is there to further my interests with no planned negative consequences to 7-Micron.

  I have a justifiable grievance with liberty.  In addition to being personally mistreated by him I am bringing some retribution for his theft of a POS and a large number of BPOs from our mutual, former alliance, Ded End Conglomorates.  The war will only end when liberty meets my demands, quite reasonable ones.  To date, he had declined to do so and has paid the price for it..

  And he will continue to pay.  I appreciate the way you have explained your postion about my activities in J120357.  Normally I get crude, insulting threats (except from the Marmite Collective, one of liberty's past allies).  Yours was a very polite threat.  Despite this, I must decline to withdraw at this time as the presence of liberty and his POSs requires my own presence.

  Being resident in a WH with a highsec static you surely get a number of visitors, many much more aggressively intent on injuring your pilots.  I will continue to pass by the opportunity for unnecessary violence against 7-Micron unless your members force the issue.  I will, of course, exercise a respectful caution and avoid giving any of them the chance to make that mistake.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

BBB

  So, now I wait for a reply and to see if 7-Micron can actually muster "drastic action" of any kind to drive me from my new home.  It's VERY nice....

They claim this mother of ours, the Earth, for their own use, and fence their neighbors away from her, and deface her with their buildings and their refuse.

Sitting Bull