Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

1 ... 10111213

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Ekkentros Mercari
I'd quite like to see it, Bing dearest.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
  So, I was bangin' this hot chick last night... no, actually I was watching a cloud of players mine ice in Kino.  Wait, that sounds pathetic.   Is this really what I want to be doing with my time?  Where has my life gone?  One minute I'm a hard drinking, hard partying dare-devil, climbing mountains, getting shot off the front of aircraft carriers (dodging missiles) and the next I'm on Nexium.  Sigh.

(Quiet reflection)

  OK, so, I was ganking miners in Kino last night and, despite a large crowd of ice melters, was actually finding targets scarce.  Some of this was because of the current majority opinion in Kino favoring Procurers and Skiffs lately but the main reason was that out of 35 miners in the ice field.... TWENTY THREE of them had permits.  In Kino of all places.

  Most people have fairly short Eve attention spans but for those that have been around minerbumping a while you will remember that whenever we wanted to talk about the most obnoxious, rebel ridden, afking hive of bot aspirancy we could sum it all up with the word "strawberry". Heh, got you there.  With the word "Kino".  When ever I visited Kino as a bumper I never failed to be insulted, laughed at, and even shot at.  It was a bad place, ok?

  A funny thing has started happening over the last couple weeks.  Every day when I log on I inevitably find an evemail or two from players who I don't remember having met.  The messages all run something like this example (a real message):

I am in need of a mining permit

From: Care Bear Lionheart
To: Bing Bangboom

I have been directed to you to procure a mining permit . Please tell me what it involves please

  Sometimes its in the form of a private convo.  I was a bit perplexed on where these miners were coming from as they were rarely someone I had bumped or ganked.  I thought maybe they had heard me in local during a bumping or ganking session and been suitably impressed.  However, after asking around a bit I found out the real truth.

  It seems that whenever a new miner appears in the ore fields and especially the ice fields of Kino, the OTHER MINERS spot him and tell him he needs a permit to mine there.  They must be pretty convincing about the terrible fate that awaits those without permits because they are selling like hot cakes.  I got this evemail:

Mining

To: Bing Bangboom

Hey Buddy, i Have a Corp coming out and im going to need 3 mining permits my corp name is XXXXXXX industries so pm me or reply and we can get this started

  He's bought two more since then.  Does everyone get the message and follow through?  Oh no, of course not.  But not to worry.  The miners are checking bios and if someone dares to illegally mine in Kino this does not go unnoticed.

miners without permits

From: Sun Wolf
To: Bing Bangboom

Ursus Russus doesn't have a permit and is mining white glaze.

Jeremy Kashada doesn't have a permit and is mining white glaze.

Just as a side note, Ursus Russus doesn't have a Retriever now either.

  This much Code compliance is bound to attract detractors.  In addition to the usual pack of vultures that my residence in Kino has drawn I was privileged to witness the birth of a new rebel movement.  Drawn to Kino after I blapped some miners under the protection of the Iron Corsairs corporation they intended to disrupt my ganking activities.  With the belts full of non mining ships, I decided to bump.  Enraged by their impotence and by my steady chatter in local while bumping a non compliant Mack out of the ice (and when I slipped back into Erenta unnoticed and confiscated another Retriever) they must have put their collective brain cells together and had an idea....

Telrill Isagar > Good miners? lol I am moving Members in from My null sec Block to Contest this extortion racet that you have setup just to make your life hell
Bing Bangboom > you are starting a rebel movement?
Bing Bangboom > Great!
Bing Bangboom > The last one collapsed in a week.  We need another.
Telrill Isagar > Yes im start and Anti Miner Gank Movement
Telrill Isagar > any and all miners that are interested in joining in on this please Send a mail and i will help sort you out with some tips to stop the Ganks
 Telrill Isagar > Also FYI there are some mining fits that will require them to Spend More Money and More Members per kill
Bing Bangboom > might I suggest http://proveldtariat.wordpress.com/
Nick Sarien > do you need help with gankers?
Nick Sarien > We have a good corp nearby
Nick Sarien > we can support you
Telrill Isagar > na right now im just setting up the Proper channels to Provide round the clock Gate Camp protection
Nick Sarien > Which systems?
 Bing Bangboom > or maybe http://liber8eve.wordpress.com/
Telrill Isagar > Kino Umenisens and erenta
Telrill Isagar > And will Expand more systems as the Numbers grow
Telrill Isagar > plan will be to setup a alliance so we can all co mingle and provide over watch over the systems
Nick Sarien > We have 15 Battlecruisers in Umeisan around the clock, if you need anything, send me a mail
Telrill Isagar > all that will be needed is Basic skills in pvp
Bing Bangboom > or WAYY back https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=167100

  I offered helpful advice on sites he could use for research.   I tried to link that Toledo thing but they are so defunct even their dead website is gone.  I am TOTALLY baffled why someone would need an around the clock battlecruiser fleet in Umeisan.  There was lots more of the same which appears to be gathering into a giant, massive, gargantuan... nothing.  But its still early so maybe they are still getting the Proper channels set up or something.

  As for the war.  I wardecced a corp mainly to chase off some vultures who were interfering in Kino, which worked (the main pest fled 32 jumps into null-sec) and liberty made a visit to Kino.  Obviously that will have to be a separate post just to include some of his literary stylings which he was happy to provide.  Oh, and Robotnik Star Empire has risen from the grave and I proudly ganked their newest member in his Venture before informing him that Kino was off limits to his corp.

  I do want to give credit where it is due and Professor McGanker and his Swarm Legion pals have been a significant part of the scouring of Kino.  Occasionally rolling through with a massive squad of gankers and destroying some of the resistant who felt confortable in their non-soloability made a big impression on the local clod hoppers I can tell you.  I find I can use them like the Boogie Man to frighten the Code-reluctant.  A Boogie Man who randomly shows up and murders someone in broad daylight.  Very useful in a pinch.
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Bing Bangboom
“Many a true word hath been spoken in jest.”
- William Shakespeare, King Lear

  Yesterday, I was crushing the bot aspirants of Kino and dealing with an interesting new fellow, Tyyler DURden, who was making a practice of killing miners WITH permits when I received an unexpected notification.  I was notified that I had wardecced my old corporation, Ded End Damage, Inc., which was part of U.S.A.T.O as those who remember WAY back at the beginning of this thread was sort of the point of it.  I thought my old CEO had logged in after months of inactivity and taken them out but checking my contact list showed him still red and dead.

  The matter became a bit clearer when I received in rapid succession additional notifications that I had wardecced each of the constituent corps of U.S.A.T.O and culminated in this...

  I can tell you I was stunned.   I believed that, rather than meet my demands, liberty had dissolved the whole shootin' match and cleared the wardec in what I considered "the hard way".  I made a short announcement in the minerbumping channel and received the congratulations of some of the Agents on line at the time.  I began to consider my post, which you are reading, when suddenly things took an unexpected turn.

  For those keeping score there were three remaining active members of U.S.A.T.O .  The war began with a membership of 57 players, escalated with the addition of The Marmite Collective as an ally to about 250 and then over time, I expect had about a 100 total actual members who came and (mostly) went including (I think) four whole corporations.  One of the remaining members was Syrax Vanity who, again looking back at the early days of the conflict, had actually destroyed two of my beloved Jaguars in mano a mano combat.  This was before I learned my lesson about attacking Tech III cruisers in frigates.

  Well, while I was mentally composing this entry I got an email from SV himself.

war

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Anon
Bing I'm a random reader who has followed this entire war. Your updates have been one reason I keep coming back to this site. Your a great writer and it has been a highly entertaining war.

Congratulations on your win, it has been well deserved. While it saddens me that I will not be entertained by your antics I'm sure you will encounter something else to inspire you to write again.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Shinhwa
You know who could run the CFG out of nullsec? Probably the only person who could. Bing Bangboom.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Fawn Tailor
Bing Bangboom wrote
And now, friends and readers, we've reached the end of this thread.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Alistair Drake
At least it's been stickied, so that new people can see the awesomeness that is Bing Bangboom.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

alanacharenteng
My favorite quotes from your victory evemail:

"Many people will say that I destroyed U.S.A.T.O.  Others will say it was Syrax Vanity. But the reality is that is was you who destroyed your own alliance."

"I can not find it in myself to pity you. You put yourself before your people. This was justice."

We have seen the end of an era - the final act of an epic saga. But thankfully, there are more stories to look forward to.

VICTORY!!!

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Infestation Control
Best read I've had in a long time.

Bing, well played, sir, well played!

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Capt Starfox
It's been an awesome time Bing. Your adventures were an inspiration and the fact that you played the whole CCP advertisement of holding the grudge made it even better.

This thread will be missed. I hope it comes back.

Psychotic Monk for CSM 8

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Anonymous
Why is D400 and his fleet in Low sec? Please explain this. Is this apart of CODE's regulation?

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Annonymous
They have been laughed out of HighSec over their AT cowardice and fled to LowSec...

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

MikeAdoulin
Cry more please, your tears are delicious.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Erotica 1
By now I wonder if all miners (aside for new players) should now be on the red pen list?  Of course, since we love noobs, they would get a discount and only pay 10m.
Please defend me against slanderous trolls in the eve-o forums.  Criminal miners (who often fail my game's rules) have been posting fake screenshots, knowing less business for me would mean fewer donations to the New Order.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
I would agree, but there are a handful of returning players that have older characters.  It can be hard to differentiate these from those that actually deserve to be red-penned.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Adammson
Stumbled across this magnificent (what I thought was fan fiction) last night. Started reading it, and could not stop. 3am rolled around and I closed my laptop with a huge grin.

The fact that all of this actually transpired makes this all so more amazing.

This morning I rolled up a new alt for the first time in 12 years and started heading out to Halaima with a smile on my face I have not had for such a long time in this game.

I think MinerBumping and Bing saved my Eve Career (just when the missus thought I was about to give it up!)

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

jonnyN
This thread will not be missed. In order to new people can see the awesomeness that is Bing Bangboom.

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Avriq
Data RecoverySoftware Installation
You did really good work. I really appreciate your new and different post. Please guys keep it up and share with us some unique post in the futureWifi troubleshootingPrinter setup

Re: Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war

Assortlist
Thank you all for your kindness to me, I wish you good health and good luck!
Official Website:detroit escorts

1 ... 10111213