Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

123

Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
I wished Erotica1 a happy birthday because I think everyone deserves a happy joyous birthday..

but now I can only truly say I wish that Erotica1 would die in front of his PC releasing his bowels on his chair, and being discovered alone with 50 cats eating his corpse.

If you find that extreme, then tell me why you dont find him ripping people off by filling them with hope and then yanking it all away like its their fault extreme? He's gonna cause some depressed soul to blow their brains out one day and it bothers me.

I dont know why its so hard to understand, maybe because your so used to only seeing text and a fake characters picture, but there are people you hurt on the other side of that screen of yours. You cant just hand wave everything away saying "this is eve". We grow attached to our characters and the work we put into them as real as any stuff we work hard for IRL, and the loss of such things brings the exact same pain and feelings as loss IRL.

Theres no way for you to have fun in this game besides destroying people emotionally and mentally? Are you that twisted and warped that thats the only enjoyment you can get out of EVE? Is that what EVE really is , or are you just using it to fulfill sick fantasies of cruelty?

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Shinhwa
Yes I find wishing someone would die in real life over actions in a video game extreme. In fact, I find it inconceivable, but I have a pretty good grip on reality; something you lack.

Erotica 1, and everyone else, can live with themselves because this is a video game. A competitive video game. Where if you value your assets, you should protect them. Not give them to some guy in the hopes of getting some massive payout. I don't feel bad when I stab some guy in the back while playing Call of Duty. I don't even feel bad when I'm a Russian. My daughter doesn't feel the slightest remorse when she puts up hotels on Boardwalk and Parkplace as I'm rounding Free Parking.

Eve is not for you. You'd be happier, much I think, in WoW, Guild Wars, or any other non-competitive MMO. But please don't go. I think you're going to be a never ending fountain of tears that I hope sustains many players during your time here.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
The whole "this is a game" argument doesnt apply here, this person is directly targeting peoples emotions and mental well being. Also losing stuff in EVE has a direct financial impact unlike other games.

You cannot separate EVE and real life to that degree, real world emotions are attached to the game whether you'd like to believe it or not. If I deleted your account without your permission I guarantee you'd feel real loss, not virtual loss, real emotional loss.

This person is not doing this for financial gain in a game, they are doing this to attack the psych of those he scams.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Mike Adoulin
It's a game.

It's about internet spaceships being blown up, internet space moneys being scammed, and internet space stuff being stolen from internet space stations.

The amusement comes from watching someone so consumed by greed (and/or stupidity) that they break the Cardinal Rule Of EVE, which is to Trust No One (even, or more so , especially, if you know them IRL).

Losing stuff in EVE has no 'financial impact'. That moron isn't going to get evicted, lose their house, their car, or their job. I understand they lost a lot of Skill Points tho, which IMO is much worse than losing internet space moneys.

5 seconds of research would have shown that mark...er..customer....that Erotica 1 is, shall we say, somewhat...selective...in who wins her Sooper Dooper Special Bonus Room Games (much like, say, SOMER Blink...) but no, that idiot got greedy and paid the price. In game.

Because after losing the internet space money and the skill points they turned off the computer and watched a movie, or ate dinner, or went to work.

For somebody who LIVES IN LAS VEGAS and watches what happens to Real Life Idiots fall for Real Life Scams (and honey, 5-card Monte is nothing but a scam), you sure seem rather naïve.

TLDR...Star Trek Online is that way, buh bye have fun toodles.

PS No crying in the Red, noob.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
Your right, I live in Vegas, and I see first hand how much people are destroyed by the loss of possessions.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

John E Normus
I don't know how to respond to this thread but something tells me that I need to.  I think my brain did something to itself as I read it.  Let's pretend that I typed something really insightful and witty here.

Fawn, could you please mail me an appropriate response and I'll come back and edit this with a copy-paste?  Until then, x 744 double sebos.
John XIII, proud member of the MinerBumping channel, October 2012 - February 2014.  RIP you magnificent bastard

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

hotdogs
Eve is a game.  In most games, losing is a normal and ordinary event.  Only big babies cry when I sink their battleship; everybody else moves on in life.  Why should Eve be different?

Anybody that forms deep and personal bonds with Eve possessions lacks the emotional maturity to participate in the game in a healthy way.

In extreme cases, unhealthy individuals will express wishes for the death of real life human beings over something that happened in a game.  If this is you, go outside and do something more your speed, like hopscotch.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
You seem to be actively avoiding the connection between the fact this is not so much the loss of eve goods as it is the intentional use of said goods to inflict as much possible emotional duress as possible on the owner.

AKA torture

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Shinhwa
I see your point, it is just like torture. Well except that you aren't forced to subscribe or download the game. No one forces you to login. You're not forced to give all your isk and assets to someone at gunpoint. In fact....hmmmm...its not really sounding much like torture ...more like one player willingly giving another player all their "assets" in a video game because of their own greed. Two people played a game, one player won and the other lost. How is this even a problem?

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Sabriz Adoudel
So we've had competitive gameplay compared to bullying, RL threats and torture.

In before accusations that Erotica 1 is a child molester or the new Hitler, or both.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Erotica 1
Well I for one am glad we had that nice chat in game.  oOReikaOo Michiko is that your real picture?  If so, for us to believe it, can you also post a link of a new picture holding a sign that says "I love Erotica 1."

Thanks.
Please defend me against slanderous trolls in the eve-o forums.  Criminal miners (who often fail my game's rules) have been posting fake screenshots, knowing less business for me would mean fewer donations to the New Order.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
I would , but that was taken forever ago, im totally fat and ugly now and no one needs to see any of that, just ask the Eve Vegas peeps

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Shinhwa
Unlike Erotica 1, you have actually broken the rules of this game:

http://eve-search.com/thread/289586-1

any other forms of cheating you'd like to get off your chest?

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
Cool story, except CCP is the one who gave it back to me after it was explained what happened. They know about the whole thing.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Neltharak Idrissil
When you start eve, you accept that this kind of things will happen to you. The tutorial warns you, the game warns you, the rookie help warns you.

If you keep playing , you accept it.

You took the example of gambling, OKAY, SAME THING. THEY CHOSE TO LOSE WHAT THE HAVE

ITS A CHOICE

IF THEY GET MAD ABOUT THEIR CHOICES ITS THEIR FAULT

There, big enough for you ?

Read that again

Again

One last time

Get the picture ?

If what we do is torture, which by the way, is far from it, then these people are the most horribly perverted masochists. If you dont enjoy eve, star trek online is fun to play.

Eve has scammers, horrible scammers, and excuse me but if you give ALL YOUR STUFF to someone, then comply with orders to pod yourself 6 times and dont see it coming, you shouldnt even have an eve account.

But if you have no connection to the victim, why do you care ? Do you go around comforting people that lose at chess and get horribly mad over it ? These people exist. And they will feel every symptom of the loss you talked about.

ITS THEIR PROBLEM AND THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT

Not me, not you, not anyone else. Them.

Oh, by the way, take an antispasmodic for your stomach. And a huge chil pill while you're at it

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Neltharak Idrissil
Shinhwa wrote
 I don't even feel bad when I'm a Russian. .
That you should, though. :-'

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

oOReikaOo Michiko
Neltharak Idrissil wrote
[...]

Quoted from:
http://minerbumping.41656.x6.nabble.com/Frankly-im-sick-to-my-stomach-disgusted-tp3304p3333.html

If no one cared and acted just like you, I have a strong belief life would go down the shitter. One of these days your gonna screw up, your gonna take it too far, and when that happens the consequences may be irreversible. Instead of passively sitting around waiting for you to fuck with someone so bad they hurt themselves, im doing my own war just like you.

I dont want you to stop the miner bumping, but the other crap needs to stop, its too dangerous, its like a loaded gun. Not everyone who plays these games are emotionally stable normal everyday human beings.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Khoda Khan
You apparently believe that even within the confines of a video game that a certain segment (perhaps the majority) of people need to be afforded special precautions or protections, or that they are entitled to some preferential treatment based on what their real life mental state may or may not be.

Let's clear this up.  I generally assume that anyone who has a EVE Online account is a grown adult and should be treated as such.  That means if they decide to play a game that involves giving all their assets to someone (even to a trust ISK doubler such as Erotica 1) and get themselves podded upteen times and then cry because they failed to comply or pass the rest of the requirements to win the game, the responsibility -- and the ONLY responsibility -- rests with them, not on Erotica 1, not on the escrow agents, not on ANYONE but the "victim".

If someone has some mental condition or deficiency that puts them at emotional risk or risk of self harm, then they should not be playing highly COMPETITIVE game such as EVE Online.  In the past, we have reported such people when they've shown up, for their own safety, and CCP has taken action accordingly.  Such unstable people have absolutely NO place in a game like EVE Online.

If every action in the game were dictated by what the potential RL impact would be on the other party, there would NO action at all in EVE.

Be serious, please.

Avris
It'd be cool if the "it's just a game" people here would at least acknowledge the fact that people spend real time, real money, and develop real (albeit irrational, as humans tend to be) attachments to things in the game. If they didn't, there'd be no point in playing the game at all, because there needs to be some sort of emotional investment for it to seem interesting. That's why EVE is so fun to play. Being able to lose stuff so easily makes you value what you do have a little bit more, and makes profiting seem that much better. Thing is, we're not just talking about losing some of your stuff.. We're talking about having an entire game experience ruined because someone (who is supposed to be trustworthy) manipulated another person's trust.

I realise that this site is built around people trolling and generally living out their sadistic fantasies or whatever, but there's a point where you need to realise that the people on the other side of the screen aren't just pixels and letters. Saying that it doesn't matter because it's done in a game is like saying that parents verbally abusing their children is okay because it's not like they're actually hitting them; psychological abuse is a thing that people do to people, and EVE just happens to be the medium through which it's being done here. EVE may be a game of losing things, but there's more than just game objects involved here. You may be too entranced by the schadenfreude to properly realise it, but people actually do kill themselves over things online.

Even if the OP in this specific example was asking for it (and sounding similarly deranged with the cat comment.. what the fuck, dude?) that doesn't mean that seriously messing with people stops being a bad thing. I mean, you're not preschoolers, right? Is a little online responsibility that fucking difficult to manage? Some trolling is fine (and some people do, in fact, deserve it), but the tone of this thread sounds more delusional and insane than clever or sardonic.

...aaaand instead of having people actually think, I'm just gonna get people trying to troll me, right? Cool.

Re: Frankly im sick to my stomach disgusted

Ophidia Black
*WAVES HAND* This is EvE ;)

But seriously, if you had followed Erotica's rules you would be a lot richer right now. instead you come here crying about how you didn't play the game right & besmirching the good name of one of EvE's most honest players!

Shame on you!

Good job it's only a game though else Erotica may get upset by your wishes of death upon her good self!

123