Ganking Ventures: Question

ZanderMoreau
o/

Ever since my kill I've been doing more Venture hunting in Atrons.  Problem is, I'm not coming up with results be it in 0.8 space or 0.5 space. :(  I've been running up to the Ventures, overheating weapons, and then pulling the trigger, but I'm just not getting the pops.  Should I upgrade to Tech II weapons?  Or should I just start running Catalysts for solo hunting Ventures?  Should I be going for bigger game?

Any advice, tips would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

o7
"We will bring you love... and by love I mean lasers."
-Maximillian Singularity the 6th, First of His Name, The True Emperor (The Meta Show - 06/30/15)

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

Super Perforator
If you can't use T2 guns then try Meta guns?
eg Anode Light Neutron Particle Canon...

Overheated... are you waiting to be in optimal range before opening fire? Concord pre-pulled in the systems?

Or you can use T1 cats. It is certainly easier... and over time your killboard will still remain positive...
I went for a while using Coercers, because with beam lasers the range makes it easier to hit orbiting ships.
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

Super Perforator
Oh... and these forums are not enormously populated. you might get more responses with a question in corps chat/mail...
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

ZanderMoreau
I might have to switch these to the EVEMail then.  Thanks for the heads-up.

Uhm... Optimal Range for overheating?  I think I missed that in all of the reading that I've done.  What is the optimal range?
"We will bring you love... and by love I mean lasers."
-Maximillian Singularity the 6th, First of His Name, The True Emperor (The Meta Show - 06/30/15)

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

Super Perforator
Not the optimal range for overheating... the optimal range for the gun. Inside the optimal range you get better results...
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

ZanderMoreau
Ahhh.  I see.  Thanks!
"We will bring you love... and by love I mean lasers."
-Maximillian Singularity the 6th, First of His Name, The True Emperor (The Meta Show - 06/30/15)

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

Super Perforator
have you thought about adding a small hybrid burst aerator I and/or small hybrid collision accelerator I to your atron fit? until the skills catch up to let you fit a full rack of guns? And try the meta guns out!
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

Super Perforator
Also, checking out the last kill mail: https://zkillboard.com/kill/60928282/

you don't need to have 100K isk in ammo in the cargo hold... if you are planning to gank then you wont live long enough to reload! You can easily get away with loading each gun with 15-20 shots... and that should more than do it - unless you are anticipating a suspect or a lone MTU...
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Ganking Ventures: Question

ZanderMoreau
Ahhhh.  I'd forgotten those (the aerators and accelerators).  And I was wondering why I was going through Ammo like crazy too. >.<  Doh!

I'll refit properly and try it again tonight.  I'll also look into the meta guns.

Thanks S.P.!