Inferno

Bing Bangboom
In the middle of the journey of our life I came to myself within a dark wood where the straight way was lost.
Dante Alighieri

  I did not ask for this.

  After I destroyed U.S.A.T.O in the spring of this year I was content to abide a while and let liberty piece together the shattered remains of his once "mighty" alliance.  Yes, he was still defiant but his defiance was more pitiable than dangerous.  I kept an eye on the killboard and saw him take some brutal and humiliating losses to various entities in highsec and worm hole space but I was busy with Code enforcement in Kino and playing "wardec" with the local corporations so I saw no reason to bother him.

  I noted with interest however when a particularly annoying (annoying in local pigheaded defiance of the obvious ownership of Kino by James 315 and the New Order) rebel named Catharsis Argentum reappeared in Kino after several absences, one prompted by my wardeccing  his, then, corporation and his fleeing to null.  As I scanned him I noted with surprise that he was now a member of liberty's new alliance, U-S-A-T-O .  Knowing from my previous experience that there are no cooincidences in Eve I fired off a letter to liberty warning him of the danger.
U-S-A-T-O is in great peril!

From: Bing Bangboom
To: liberty, Padreuk73, James 315, loyalanon

lib,

  While completing some New Order paperwork recently I noticed that you had allowed the corporation, Fifth Column 1, into your alliance.  I am sure it was an oversight as this corporation contains a wreck thief, Catharsis Argentum.  He makes a pretty penny looting wrecks and cans in Kino amongst the miners there, taking their fittings and ore.

  He also has a bad habit of interfering with New Order enforcement activities.  What he does is he mines in a Procurer and if a New Order Knight arrives he sic's his ECM drones on them, attempting to interupt the legal proceedings.  He has interfered with  my ganks and with The Conference Elite.   He also whines a lot in local.

  So, he has to go.  In fact, just to be safe, you need to kick the entire corp.  As an old friend I don't want you to attract the ire of loyalanon and The Conference Elite as this would probably end your alliance for good.  Those guys play rough!

  I wardecced Catharsis Argentum's previous corp and he fled to nullsec leaving them to face me alone so he isn't much of an asset anyway.

  Glad to be of service!  See you around.

  Highsec is worth fighting for.

  Bing Bangboom
  Agent of the New Order of Highsec
  Belligerent Undesirable

  Amazingly, (remember this is liberty I wrote) I heard nothing back... from liberty.  From Catharsis Argentum?  I couldn't shut him up....
Here's a sample:

Bing Bangboom legal proceedings if Bing Bangboom is guilty to be a bot acting like a bot and bot behavior

From: Catharsis Argentum
To: Bing Bangboom, liberty

Relating to the last 4 months

Do you plead: guilty or not guilty?

If you are found guilty spoken by a neutral judge guilty you will lose your membership in the "New Order"

You are hereby charged with a violation against the law of NEW ORDER: "- Bot-aspirant behavior is not permitted."

source: http://www.minerbumping.com/p/the-code.html

Evidence:

1. Always act in the same way

2. No change of the behavior despite repeated requests

3. Very boring and especially abundance and proactive manner in playing EVE (SANDBOX) game

We will give you 3 days to plead guilty or not guilty..............

  Lots of this kinda stuff.  I am especially abundance and proactive. This is bad?  But I am the bigger man and I let it go.  Sticks and stones and all...  Until came another day when I log in to find the Notifications flashing.  I look and find that my current wardec target has received an ally.  U-S-A-T-O has joined in active war against me!  Well, I warned liberty what would happen if he didn't get rid of CA and now it had occured.  To compound the matter, CA and liberty soon appeared in Kino after baiting a trap for me with one of my war targets who posed prettily outside a station until I engaged.  They then entered system, warped to me and I found myself dampened and scrambled.  Fortunately what they didn't bring was dps.  I pounded on the door of the station "LEMME' IN!  LEMME IN!" until the owners relented and I slid neatly ouf of the trap.  After a few days of ineffectively attempting to camp me into station for which they mainly received a frontrow seat for Spine Ripper popping out of station, going to enforce the hell out of the Code on some nearby non-compliant and watching her pod reenter station under their noses, they gave up and left for parts unknown.  They did eventually figure out how I was targeting the miners even when Bing was in station.  Intellectual geniuses they are.

 Remember tonight... for it is the beginning of always.
Dante Alighieri

  So off they go and I don't see them for a while.  Then I get this email though I'm still trying to figure out why CA thought I needed to know this.

Liberty is producing now TITAN(s) & Outposts

From: Catharsis Argentum
To: Bing Bangboom, liberty

come visit our new location!!!!

Dont forget bring some capitals,lol

http://www.2imgs.com/d786d0fa29

  The link showed liberty and crew in a null sec system.  It showed his secret channel "Free Nations of USATO" along with a number of people in it.  I started running these names and found U-S-A-T-O had aquired some new corps with lots of members.  Since I was still at war I decided to go on the offensive.  First, I sent the info to another corp CEO who was also at war with liberty and he went to check out the null sec system for a POS.  This turned out to be a lie on CA's part and I never caught any of the new members before they left the alliance (which came pretty fast when I started appearing in their home systems) but the decision was made.  OK, I exaggerate.  The corps left because two other corps were giving U-S-A-T-O a steady pounding and had destroyed lot of their ships.

  Still, U-S-A-T-O and liberty had to be punished for their actions.  Me, being me, I had to come up with a new and interesting way of laying on the wood as the "destroy all their highsec mining operations" was being done to death by someone else. And of course, I am the master of the indirect approach and needed an asymmetrical strategy.

  I knew exactly what to do.

 The secret of getting things done is to act!
Dante Alighieri
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

Salah ad-Din
Alright! Another great story!

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
Pride, envy, avarice - these are the sparks have set on fire the hearts of all men.
Dante Alighieri

  Everybody knows I have alts.  Spine Ripper is my alt in CODE. .  I have spoken in the past about my vast shadow economic empire which funds my enforcement activities.  This includes my station traders, my haulers, my manufacturers all neatly connected into a mammoth web of ISK production.  But no miners.  No no.

  A few months ago I added another alt who I intended to use for AWOXing non compliant mining corps.  Maintaining his innocence I set him to training for an Ishkur and let him sit in the tutorial system buying skill books as needed.  He was getting pretty close when the situation with liberty reared.

  I did some research on the reconstituted U-S-A-T-O and found a couple corps run by fairly young players.  Looking over the available information I selected Tranquility United Industries as the future home of my alt, the harmless sounding, Thomas Faithure.  A selling point was the lack of instance on a full API.  I reached out to the CEO.

Want to get into mining and industry

From: Thomist Faithure
To: liamyth Nex

Hello,

Ive been playing a few months off and on and have been trying to make some ISK to get going on doing some industry. I've been mining and I have started seeing people mining in fleets and that seems to be better than alone.
I saw your corp and it says you take inexperienced pilots. I want to make enough ISK to get better ships and maybe get into pvp eventually. Is your corp a good corp for that?

Thx Thom

  Unable to resist a nibble from a newbie miner, the CEO, liamyth Nex, responded.

Re: Want to get into mining and industry

From: liamyth Nex
To: Thomist Faithure

Hello Thomist Faithure,

Thank you for your email, Currently our corp is off/on at the moment but im quite active... we are in an alience which can help with training in pvp and help assist in mining.. How did you find out about us?

  I won't bore you with the back and forth but after grilling me extensively (he asked what time zone I was in and how active I was) I received an invite and found myself in TUIA.  He wasn't kidding about the inactive.  There was ONE other player on when I logged on but she treated me nice and offered to assist me in the ways of Eve.  I waited for my chance.

If the present world go astray, the cause is in you, in you it is to be sought.
Dante Alighieri

  After a few days of nothing I logged on and saw liberty was online.  I offered a friendly "o/" in alliance chat and the big guy was soon regaling me with the wit and wisdom he is so famous for.  I eventually brought the conversation around to the wormhole and asked if the bookmark for the entrance was current.  Indeed it was and I was on my way.  Upon arriving in the indicated system liberty himself popped out of the worm hole entrance to lead me in to the worm hole and directly to the POS.  He provided me with access to the sekert "Free Nations of USATO" channel (the name reeks of bot aspirancy) and gave me the POS password.  He even made sure I had a bookmark for the exit and told me to set my safety to yellow so I could take stuff out of the alliance cans as needed.  I felt very welcome.

  Resisting the temptation to say  "Nice POS you have here.  It would a shame if anything happened to it" I inventoried the things I could, noted the many manufacturing arrays that I was not able to access and peeked inside the Caldari Control Tower to see if I had access to the fuel.  Which I did.  I also had access to the Ship Maintenance Array.  Sadly, no Orca but there was a nice assortment of future members of the Bing Navy.  Since I was in my Venture I did a little mining for cover (fake mining!  I didn't like it!) and waited to see what possibilities presented themselves.  There were one or two other alliance members in the worm hole besides lib but otherwise the place seemed deserted.  And when the weekend ended, it got completely deserted.  On Sunday night I saw no one.  Same on Monday.  My CEO turned out to be an Australian so he was out of sync.  liberty was not around when I was and neither was anyone else.  I had the place to myself.

  Decision time had arrived.  If I could drop the defenses and get Bing into the wh and into the POS I could do massive destruction.  Or, I could wait a bit and see if I could work Thom up to a position of trust in the organization and cause a different kind of damage.  I reviewed what I knew about liberty and his organization and, despite the carelessness in allowing Thom into the alliance and into the POS, I felt liberty would never relinquish the actual authority to me to do more than use some of the alliance ships and maybe the Personal Hanger.  Not after what Syrax Vanity had done when lib broke his rule and gave him access.

  I made my decision.

Will cannot be quenched against its will.
Dante Alighieri

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
I hadn't realized just how empty my eve experience has been without BBB's posts for the past six months!

Re: Inferno

Utamaru
Cant wait to read more.

Re: Inferno

John E Normus
When you asked to convo someone who understood POS mechanics in channel the other day I got a little tingle "down there."

Can't wait to read this one!
John XIII, proud member of the MinerBumping channel, October 2012 - February 2014.  RIP you magnificent bastard

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.
Dante Alighieri

  As readers of my war thread (right up there at the top) know, I started my war with U.S.A.T.O without a clear idea of how to do highsec warfare or even how to actually declare war in Eve but I didn't let trivialities stop me then and now would be no different.

   Other than that they shot me when I got too close I knew little about POSes so I wrote to a player who I had previously discussed the subject in general.

A few questions about POSes.

From: Bing Bangboom
To: [............]

Hello,

I have found myself in an unusual situation and am wondering about the possibilities. I decided to turn to you as the subject matter expert on such things and hope you can provide me with actionable information regarding a worm hole POS.

Lets just say, theoretically, that I have managed to get an alt into a rebel mining corp who have a very extensive industrial POS in a wh. Lets also surmise that this alt is now in the wormhole with the POS password and access to a few things, namely the ship maintenance array and a bunch of cans. What my imaginary alt does not have is access to is the corporate storage array (it belongs to the alliance lead corp), or any of the extensive number of manufacturing arrays including advanced large, medium and small assembly arrays. And lots and lots of other interesting floating things. Like ships.

Lets compound this thought experiment by surmising that I have ANOTHER alt also in the system capable of scanning the exits and in theory, providing a clear and easy path to the wh and POS for my one of my more advanced pilots, who we will call "Bang". Finally we will add the twist that while the POS is defended with active guns, the players of the alliance seem to be in a different time zone and my alt... the first one.. often finds himself completely alone in the wh.

So here are my questions:

1) If alt 1 has access to the fuel bay of the control tower, will taking all the fuel out of the bay soon result in a power down of the shield and defenses?

2) If alt "Bang" comes to the wh and has the POS password entered, will he be able to enter the shields without getting shot even without option 1?

3) Once inside the shields (supposing there are still some up) can Bang shoot the arrays without getting shot by the guns?

4) Will the arrays, if shot to destruction, drop valuable items like BPCs and materials?

5) Will there be a record accessable to alliance leadership to tell who took the fuel out of the fuel bay?

6) Will taking out the fuel also power down the arrays and will this make them accessable to someone without access?

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bang.. I mean Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec

  Knowing what I do now, some of these questions are the proverbial "Dumb Question" but it got me started and would have been very educational except the guy doesn't seem to be active atm and I never heard from him.  So, as a fallback, I asked for a convo with anyone in minerbumping who might know POSes and quickly got contacted by.... loyal.

  He set me straight on a few things and, after a bit of testing, I discovered that I could, in fact, remove fuel blocks and strontium from the Caldari Control Tower and that I could access the ammo bays on the mounted gun emplacements.  I inventoried the Ship Maintenance Array and checked the types of ships against what Bing and my other alts could fly.  There was a Noctis so I trained my hauler alt on ORE Industrial which was the only thing lacking.  I made note of a Raven, a Brutix, a Drake and four Tayras which I would make good use of.  There were a large number of manufacturing arrays of various kinds plus Corporate and Personal Hanger Arrays and lots of other ships and cans floating around, safely inside the shield.  And loyal told me something else which turned out to be critical.

  With all questions answered and it being late I set D day for the next day, H hour for when I finished the dishes after supper.  And off for a good nights sleep of the innocent.

Consider your origins: you were not made to live as brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge.
Dante Alighieri

B4

 The next night, after a supper of Italian sausages, asparagas, potatoes and kraut I wisked through my chores and headed to the computer.  I logged in to my two alts in the wh.  The U-S-A-T-O alt, Thomas Faithure, soon discovered that the bookmarks for the wh exit were out of date so my scanning alt probed it down and provided the necessary info.  Bookmarking multiple copies Thom popped out of the wh and found himself in .... Yadi.  @&%^@*!!!!

Yadi was 33 jumps away from where Bing and my hauler alt resided, it had no stations and in fact, was two jumps from the nearest station in Tidacha.  I almost aborted but decided I was too worked up to rest unslaked so I started them on their way.  The route took my hauler through a system where I had a large pile of the ammo Bing used stashed so I stocked up.  Eventually, as Bing's Hurricane Fleet Issue was S   L   O   W,  I got them both to Tidacha, entered station, grabbed the bookmarks Thom had left there and brought them on to Yadi and into the wormhole.

  Using Thom, I ejected the ships I wanted from the SMA, checked the watchlist for liberty and crew, finding none, I took the Fuel Blocks out of the Control Tower and waited.  Nothing happened.  I waited some more.  Still nothing.  Then I heard the voice of loyalanon in my head (he sounded like Mr. Herbert in the Family Guy "Star Wars" episode).  "If you can access the fuel bay, you can offline the tower".  And there it was... "Put Offline".  So I did.

  Whoosh!  The shields dropped, the guns went offline and in swooped Bing in his 'cane and my hauler in his pod.  My hauler boards the first Tayra, grabs a load of Fuel Blocks and heads out.  Bing on the other hand, moves up next to the Capital Ship Assembly Array and starts shooting.   As each Assembly Array dropped I moved to the next shooting and droning them into ash.  For the record, nothing ever shot back so Veers will say this wasn't real pvp but it sure felt like it.

  My hauler alt meanwhile dropped off the Tayra, capsuled back to the wh and POS, grabbed another Tayra from the abundant supply, filled up with the BPOs and BPCs as well as the other goodies now floating around and headed out.  Rinsed and repeated until all the haulers were used.  Meanwhile Bing continued his steady drumbeat of destruction.  Array after array dropped until there was nothing left but some giant cans, a veritable kitchen sink fleet of empty ships and the tower itself along with the guns.

  At this point I began using Bing and the hauler to evacuate the ships.  The battleship, the battle cruisers, the Noctis and even a nice Astero that liberty had in the SMA were soon dispatched to Tiracha.  After I took what I felt was worth it, Bing shot every other ship left and the hauler returned in one of the Tayras and took out the rest of the unattached collectables.  I did manage to shoot a shuttle that liberty was storing skill books in and blasted several  million ISK worth of them into a Macy's day parade. It took two hours but soon everything easily shootable and takeable was shooted and taked.  And RIGHT HERE is where I pulled my classic "Bing" move.   Can you say "Anchoring skill, boys and girls?  I bet you can."

  I found the tower couldn't be unanchored if the guns and such were still anchored and I couldn't unanchor them because the tower was offline.  I also didn't have the anchoring skill on Thom.  Let me stop right here and advise all you future POS rapers to train anchoring skill up to level three right now.  I'll wait.  OK,  So, shooting the tower and the guns was not going to work with just the HFE.  Running short of time for the night I decided to haul back in a bit of the fuel blocks, refuel the tower and put it back on line.  I got Bing and the hauler out, Thom started the online, left the POS empty except for some abandoned cans, the tower and guns.... and a Venture named "Bing was here".

L8R

  Everyone safely evacuated to Tidacha and I logged for the night.  The destruction is listed here:

https://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&view=kills&plt_id=879181&m=10&y=2014

  The kill mails don't cover things like this accurately and I actually shot about a dozen more ships that dropped when the SMA blew, and blueprints are hard to value correctly but a quick look at what was selling on contracts and what the kill mails say showed I had destroyed in excess of a billion ISK of assets and confiscated over 2 billion.  Since I don't know what was destroyed when the assembly arrays blew I can only go by the value of the arrays themselves.  Now I'm not foolish enough to believe this will lead to the collapse of the refurbished U-S-A-T-O but that was never my objective on this event.  I just wanted to sting liberty for taking hostile action against me and I believe I have done it.  If I don't hear from him soon I will send a little thank you note to him and see if he's noticed or not.

  And so I left liberty and crew to gnash their teeth and wail into the darkness as I moved on....

OR DID I?

All hope abandon, ye who enter here!
Dante Alighieri

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
*Sings*

When will he ever learn? When will liberty ever learn?

Re: Inferno

Super Perforator
and these posts on this forum would also make a great blog on the halaimacode.com site... :)
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Inferno

Zazz Razzamatazz
A new saga from Bing, makes me wish I was in-game again.  Keep up the great work!

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
"Why dwells this insolence in you? Why spurn ye at that Will, whose object never can be frustrated, and which often has increased your pain?"
Dante Alighieri

  After evacuating Thom, Bing and my hauler alt from the worm hole and frustrated a bit about my inability to finish off the POS I turned the next day to analyzing the kill mails of the previous day.  I was NOT gloating.  As a humble Agent of the New Order I felt more remorse than elation at what I had been forced to do.  (choke)....

  So I was reading the kill mails when I noticed a peculiar thing.  About five hours before my cleansing operation began liberty had been killed AND podded in the worm hole.  The thought occurred to me that perhaps he did not actually know where the current worm hole entrance was.  In addition, if he had any scanning alts in the wh, and they weren't actually IN a scanning ship when they logged out they might find themselves logging into an empty POS where I had SHOT all the scanning ships.   I was at work when I had this revalation so I spent the rest of the day in sweet anticipation of what I might find when I got home.

  Rushing home I logged Thom in, returned to the wh entrance which was still there and warped to the POS.  It sat glowing in the sunshine, apparently untouched since I had left it, shields up but otherwise inactive.  I immediately tried to unanchor a gun.  Apparently you have to empty the ammo bays so I did that.  Also, apparently (as I should have known) you have to have anchoring skill I to, duh, unanchor something.  I sent Bing to get a book and headed Thom back to Tidacha to study.  Bing brought the book, Thom put it in to bake and headed back into the hole.

Through me you go to the grief wracked city; Through me you go to everlasting pain; Through me you go a pass among lost souls.
Dante Alighieri

  20 minutes later Thom is busily emptying out ammo into cans and unanchoring guns.  Time to bring in the hauler.  I warp to the wh entrance...  and its gone.  Repeat *@*!)%)!.  Fortunately I have kept my scanning alt in J154858 and I soon have the new location.  28 jumps back towards home.  I load up as much loot as I can carry in one of liberty's Tayras, put Bing back in the HFI and start back.  Dropped off the cargo in Amarr on the way, reshipped Bing into his trusty Jaguar and reentered the wh with both alts.  My hauler scooped up the cans of ammo and the guns but Thom had run into a problem....

  Some of the modules required anchoring 3 to unanchor.  This was 9 hours more training so I moved the guns and ammo out of the wh and, having learned my lesson, put my hauler back IN the wormhole and logged him off in there.  I then was about to retire for the evening but I decided to review the situation first.

  Some interesting information learned.  1)  Even with the password Bing and my hauler couldn't enter the shield.  2)  Even with the password Bing couldn't unanchor anything (Bing does have lvl 3).  3) and this just occured to me right at this point... maybe there was another U-S-A-T-O POS somewhere in this wh.

  A quick Dscan revealed a Minmatar tower at planet 2.  I warped over and found a POS which belonged to Deadspace Operations Conglomerate, a corporation of U-S-A-T-O.  Nice POS, LOTS of guns, some stuff inside.  I couldn't get in it though even when I put in the password from the alliance page which, at some point, seems to have been the one they used.  Nobody around.  I book marked it and logged off to wait out my training que.

  Not much ISK gained from the guns and ammo.  60 million ISK tops.  But the tower was still there sitting shielded.  I would be back....

"Do not take him; wrong me not. He must come down amongst my menials; because he gave the fraudulent counsel, since which I have kept fast by his hair: for he who repents not, cannot be absolved; nor is it possible to repent and will a thing at the same time, the contradiction not permitting it."
Dante Alighieri
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

admiral root
Will Sasha Nyemtsov be doing the audio book version of your tales?  I think that would be awesome, and it would make soundcloud even more Code-compliant than it currently is.

Re: Inferno

Super Perforator
Hell I'd buy that for a dollar!!!
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
“There is no greater sorrow then to recall our times of joy in wretchedness.”
Dante Alighieri

  Another day as a "Master of the Universe" in the real business world and I return home to check on the status of matters worm hole. As before, Thom finds things unchanged since my last visit.  Worrying that the presence of the, for now, unassailable second U-S-A-T-O POS means that eventually liberty will return I set to work at finishing the enforcement action I had begun.

  Thom unanchored the three remaining defenses and my hauler scooped them up.  Thom then removed the remaining fuel from the tower and put it off line.  Then I unanchored the tower.  59 minutes and 59 seconds began to tick off.  I decided to log everyone off while the timer made its way to zero and went and had a lovely dinner.  With some time to spare I relogged and put a  segment of the items I had collected a couple days earlier up for sale on the market and arranged with PUSH-X to move the majority of the rest from WAY out in Tadicha to my main trading station which is "wouldn't you like to know".

  As time elapsed I moved my hauler into position.  Bing lurked nearby in case of emergency.  The tower unanchored, I scooped it up into liberty's max cargo equiped Tayra (very handy that) and flew it out of the worm hole and directly to market where it fetched me 255 million ISK.  No, I didn't reanchor it for myself, redeploy "my" defenses and load it with "my" fuel and strontium.  Do you know how risky that kind of thing is ?!?!!  Only an idiot would put all that ISK in one place and just LEAVE it there for any ... get ready... Thom, Dick or Harry to come along and take it.  In any case, I make a point of never giving my enemies a point of attack.

  Leaving Thom and my scanner alt in the wh I evacuated everything and everybody else out of the wh leaving again, just the ship named "Bing was here".  I did move it away from the POS location because it was actually Thom's ship and I could see the corp ownership on it.  A bit of a mistake on my part but  no one could actually see it other than on Dscan.

  So, let us recap.  On Saturday I got into the POS.  On Tuesday night I destroyed or took the entire contents of the POS.  On Wednesday night I took the guns.  Finally, on Thursday night I took the POS itself.  liberty was reacting with the lightening speed that I had become accustomed to from him.  Friday night, despite sitting around in the wh I see nothing.

  FINALLY on Saturday my CEO logs on and asks what I'm up to.  I spin a long story about being stuck in the wh and seeing no one and mining busily and putting my minerals in a can and won't somebody please come get me?  He says he don't know where the entrance is.  A bit later I see another alliance member log on from the other POS owning corp.  I warp over and there he is.  He asks what up and I say I'm stuck and Oh By The Way, the other POS is GONE!  He checks it out and, rather calmly in my opinion, confirms the fact.  After a bit he scans down the exit for me and I am safely out of the wh.  Well, Thom is.  My scanner alt remains.  I watch him sit in the POS for the rest of the day.

And I, in the midst of all this circling horror,
began, "Teacher, what are these sounds I hear?
What souls are these so overwhelmed by grief?"
Dante Alighieri

  After a bit of a break for RL fun and chores I log back on to find,
URGENT

From: liamyth Nex
To: Thomist Faithure

There has been news from the allience about thieft. Your in the wh.. Do you have any info about it.

Ragards liamyth Nex

  Now I could have gone all "Citizen, you have been found guilty of violating the New Halaima blah blah blah" but I decided to see where this led me.  He didn't actually SAY he knew I did it.  So I replied, innocent as a newborn miner....

Re: URGENT

From: Thomist Faithure
To: liamyth Nex

liamyth,

I logged on this morning and went to where our POS was. Its all gone! There is nothing there but a Velator named "Bing was here!".

All my minerals are gone and still don't know where the exit is. How do I get out?

Crap

Thom

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Re: URGENT

From: Thomist Faithure
To: liamyth Nex

liamyth,

I'm out of the wh. A guy named Brovah Keen from another one of our corps came online and he scanned the exit for me. The exit is in Ruvas system.

Thom

Re: Re: URGENT

From: liamyth Nex
To: Thomist Faithure

Nice.. Have you spoken to liberty yet?

 UH OH.  For now, I have deflected the shot.  At this point I have not yet contacted liberty and the rest of U-S-A-T-O with the obligatory "lesson message" about what I have taught them AND there has been no sign here on this thread of them.  Still, its been days since the first event and it seems they MUST be figuring out whats what.  But Thom is still in the corp and alliance and I even continue to have access to the secret chat channel.  Surely this will end soon....

  I've got about a hundred BPCs and BPOs plus all kind of useful stuff so I am going to wait and see what transpires while I get all this material wealth sorted out.  Anybody need Proteus, Tengu and other nice ship BPCs?

“Lost are we, and are only so far punished,
That without hope we live on in desire.”
 Dante Alighieri

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
This post was updated on .

  "Come thou alone; and let that one go, who has entered so daringly into this kingdom. Let him return alone his foolish way; try, if he can: for thou shalt stay here, that hast escorted him through so dark a country."
Dante Alighieri

  When we last left J154858 things had quieted down considerably.  My scanning alt watched the remaining U-S-A-T-O POS and the rare arrival of a member or two who mostly seemed content to sit inside the shields.  I kept track of the exit in case an opportunity arose but nothing presented itself.

  Meanwhile, Thomist's CEO got more specific.  Thom was specifically suspected to have been "responsible" for the heist.  Bing can't get NO respect.  In chat, he asked me some rather pointed questions about my actual Eve experience level and if I had other characters.  I got vague answers.  Finally, he instructed me to write liberty.  Well, I was planning to write him anyway but I figured I'd let Thom dangle a little uncertainty under lib's nose.

My CEO says I must respond to charges

From: Thomist Faithure
To: liamyth Nex, liberty

Dear liberty,

My CEO told me that you think I had something to do with the POS that disappeared yesterday. I was stuck in the wormhole all week waiting for someone to log on but nobody did until yesterday when a guy showed me the exit. He says I should ask you for the evidence that I did it and then we can figure out who told you that and why he says it was me. I would like to make sure everyone knows what happened as soon as possible because it is not great to have people be suspicous and not be sure. I cant see the usato channel anymore and thats how I got out of the wh.

sincerly, Thomist Faithure

  OK, see where I say I can't see the USATO channel anymore?  I figured it was just a normal reaction aimed at me.  But no, I found out from chatting with the Deadspace guys (more to come on this) that liberty kicked EVERYBODY from the channel.  Barn door, liberty.... liberty, barn door.  And I was STILL in the corp.  In fact, as my CEO continued to ask me questions I came to the conclusion that he was actually building a defense for me.  I believe he felt that as a corp member he had to stand up for me.  A twinge of guilt passed over me as I requested his current location and asked if I could join in his mining operation.  Fortunately for my conscience he wasn't actually mining atm and was moving minerals so I don't have CEO-acide to add to my blotter.   I had been eager to show him I had the T2 gunnery skills he had encouraged me to obtain....

  Back to our main story though.  I finally spotted a few of the wh POS guys outside the shields doing what appeared to be PvE activities.  I flew Bing to the highsec entrance system where I am immediately spotted by one of them as they were making some log runs.  Apparently he was more surprised to see me at all than to see me in such a suspicious location.  Between conversations with two of them I found out about liberty's very limited reaction to the POS disappearance, the fact that they at least were reading this thread (HI GUYS!) and that their corps relationship with U-S-A-T-O was more of one of convenience than fidelity.  In fact, during our conversation their CEO logged on and took the corp out of the alliance.  liberty loses again.

  Since they were no longer part of U-S-A-T-O I declared all the Deadspace members to be my new best friends and we parted with warm accolades and hopes for never seeing each other again.

  OK, all of this is humdrum and boring but necessary for what's coming next.  Which is Bing's letter to liberty and what remained of U-S-A-T-O (at this point, if you took out liberty's alts, Thom represented 1/3 of the active membership).

Inferno

From: Bing Bangboom
To: liberty, Padreuk73, liamyth Nex, Catharsis Argentum, Brovah Keen, Jaquen Brunerre, Mutumbe Balewa, Leutra, Petit-Tokyo

liberty,

  By now you will have accessed the full impact of what has happened to your worm hole POS.  You know, of course, that i am the person behind the matter and you probably are aware of the details of why and how it was done.  But, in fairness to those who still don't fully comprehend, I offer the following.

  I told you months ago that Catharsis Argentum would bring harm to your alliance.  Yet you did not immediately eject him and his corp and even seem to have let him lead you into a war against me.  While I thoroughly enjoyed the couple of days you and he resided in Kino, I could not let such aggression pass and so set in motion a punishment for you that should stand as a reminder that the New Order of Highsec and humble Agents such as myself are fully capable of, and in fact are quite eager to be, exacting a heavy price for such a foolish move.

  I know a few billion ISK is not going to bankrupt you or your organization.  However, it should be plain to your alliance-mates that once again you have proven yourself unable to make decisions that are best for your organization.  The eight month war that lost you your last group of followers has now resulted in the loss of at least one corp of your new alliance, as Deadspace Operations Conglomerate dropped out last night.  Nice group of guys who I greatly enjoyed talking to.  They made the very good decision that they were better off NOT being opposed to us and have gone their way.  In peace as far as I'm concerned.

  I advise the other corp CEOs to consider doing otherwise.  Not because of me, but because of you.  You cannot beat the New Order of Highsec, even in the form of just one person.  You personally made the decisions that allowed me to do what I did.  You as the leader of the alliance and you alone bear the responsibility for another humiliating defeat.

  I would be remiss if I did not offer you and all your alliance members the opportunity to purchase mining permits and put your support of the New Order of Highsec into your bios.  It would have saved you billions (and billions) of ISK and alliance members to have done so when I first told you to months ago.  It is, as always, the wise economic decision.  However, I know that no matter how much I explain it to you, I can't understand it for you so I will again accept individual members who decide to do so on their own.

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Bing Bangboom
Agent of the New Order of Highsec
Belligerent Undesirable

"for amongst the tart sorbtrees, it befits not the sweet fig to fructify"
Dante Alighieri

  STILL haven't heard from liberty.  Not a peep directly in chat or message since I started taking out the POS.  But my message DID reach an eager responder.  Catharsis Argentum was glad to fill me in on the details of what had been transpiring in U-S-A-T-O for the last month or so.  Remember as you read this he is hampered by not having English as his first language and by the fact that he appears to be insane.

Re: Inferno

From: Catharsis Argentum
To: Bing Bangboom

cost for new order:

1. war by forsaken asylum

25.06 - 07.08 = approx . 3 bill isk

1 of my brutix lost price 80mill

2. war by forsaken asylum

10.09 - 18.09 = aprox. 500mill

0 ships of mine lost

i know right war

20.09 -28.09 = approx. 500mill

1 of my nemsis lost price 30mill

Marmites war (its sure it was NOT by you but by another new order member)

30.07- 07-08 = approx. 500mill

0 ships of mine lost

I lost just 100mill isk

New order (or people of new order ) spent in sum approx. 4 bill isk to destroy 1 brutix & 1 nemesis

0 of mine afk mining barges lost

[the other wars i dont know just the above , iam sure, came by New order people)

Catharsis Argentum:

i wont tell how much i earnt from 25.03 to 26.09 but its HUGE AMOUNT OF ISK
125 mill minus

New Order

4 bill lost

BY THE WAY

in the whole time not 1 single of mine ships was lost by ganking

as you started alt operation i wasnt part of USATO

My POS survived unharmed through 2 months of war by mercenaries (not usato pos my own pos by my corp, for some time i had 2 of it)

exact prices i dont know so ive to send aprox. prices but iam sure you or other may know ???

  Well, that was very interesting although the only thing I really got out of it was that he seems to think EVERYBODY that smites U-S-A-T-O is New Order.  But I put it down to CA being CA and awaited a reply from liberty but CA had to respond a second time...

Re: Inferno

From: Catharsis Argentum
To: Bing Bangboom
INBOX
Remove Label

you destroyed a NEW ORDER POS runned by LIBERTY (USATO)

i left USATO for this reason, read the convo:

liberty agreed to pay in hulls to stop war. Shut It Down is New Order alliance, Liberty needed the Pos to produce t3 hulls for New Order ,YOU DESTROYED YOUR OWN POS, of course not yours but another New Order alliance

that is so funny....................!!!!!!!!

READ THE FOLLOWING CHAT:

[thats short version i selected the most important parts & if youre interested feel free to ask so ill send you whole conversation]

[ 2014.09.26 15:38:12 ] Marcus Fortiss > Yes. My arrangement would have bought us 5 months of peace to reorganize

[ 2014.09.26 15:39:15 ] Catharsis Argentum > then do it
[ 2014.09.26 15:39:21 ] Marcus Fortiss > Sin's first offer was a mining permit at 1 bil and I told him to stick it
[ 2014.09.26 15:39:29 ] Catharsis Argentum > but what kind of agreement should that be?
[ 2014.09.26 15:39:56 ] Catharsis Argentum > if you pay once youll pay always, dont forget

[ 2014.09.26 15:41:10 ] Catharsis Argentum > what kind of agreement?
[ 2014.09.26 15:42:22 ] Marcus Fortiss > hulls
[ 2014.09.26 15:42:31 ] Marcus Fortiss > Hulls we can manufacture on the cheap

[were talking about t3 hulls, Tengu, Loki Legion and so on]

[ 2014.09.26 15:44:45 ] Marcus Fortiss > Liberty has already preliminarilly agreed to do it, I hate to tell you
[ 2014.09.26 15:44:52 ] Marcus Fortiss > he's just waiting for consensus from the CEOs

[ 2014.09.26 15:46:07 ] Marcus Fortiss > I am well acquainted with Tranqulities CEO, I am sure he will be happy to oblige, as will we.

[ 2014.09.26 15:46:42 ] Marcus Fortiss > if you want to be the stubborn odd man out who gets the benefit of the negotiation without paying for any of it

[ 2014.09.26 15:50:53 ] Marcus Fortiss > We mine for our own hulls
[ 2014.09.26 15:50:59 ] Catharsis Argentum > and you can start skilling to produce them
[ 2014.09.26 15:51:11 ] Marcus Fortiss > but what is the point of an alliance if no one is interested in helping each other?
[ 2014.09.26 15:51:21 ] Catharsis Argentum > Marcus Fortiss so oyu tell we should mine for andrew sin hulls and you dont join it??

[ 2014.09.26 15:53:51 ] Marcus Fortiss > You didn't honestly think my plan was to give him the hulls and then trust his word?
[ 2014.09.26 15:53:57 ] Russel Gengod > Marcus Fortiss the conversations have already been going on. you've struck deals. Liberty is already agreeing to it so you've said.
[ 2014.09.26 15:54:07 ] Marcus Fortiss > He agreed to it on principle.

Stop Mining, DONT DO SLEEPER RATTING all you do goes to Shut It Down

AND MOST IMPORTANT MINE FOR YOURSELF BUT STOP MINING FOR Shut It Down , DO NOT GIVE liberty ANY ORE / GAS OR ANYTHING ELSE, IT WILL BE GIVE TO Shut It Down

  So, after claiming that the POS I had destroyed was somehow a New Order POS, Catharsis Argentum had fully filled me in on the situation and I ...

Re: IMPORTANT: Cease Fire In Effect

From: Catharsis Argentum
To: Bing Bangboom

as additional proof i forward you this mail
1 day later i read it and started the convo you received before.

Liberty was online and part of the convo,too. But maybe afk i dont know

That is main reason i immediatly must leave Usato cause i dont mine for others, but as you can see if you read the convo (in past mail ) and this message Liberty agreed to pay in t3 hulls, a pos is neccessary to produce these.

YOU DESTROYED A NEW ORDER POS (in wh) runned by Liberty (USATO)

--------------------------------
From: Catharsis Argentum
To: Bing Bangboom

1. i was 1 week in wh and i did the c2 sleeper sites alone if i were online, there was lot of salvage material
2. i cant produce t3 stuff / i cant use any t3
3. i sent all sleeper material to liberty
4. Other alliance member did sleeper sites,too (and same like me sent material to liberty)
5. liberty has all skills to produce all 4 t3 hulls & all t3 subrigs but i havent seen any t3 flown by liberty (liberty can use Tengu and maybe others i dont know exactly)

6. imagine the following: if you could produce t3 and use them, and you got all material to produce them wouldnt you start immediatly production and use (for example a tengu with covert ops and t2 hams ) for further sleeper sites to continue production. But instead of you wrote in minerbumping forum you found a t1 raven. That makes absolutely no sense in my opinion. Maybe you wrote wrong? I dont know as i left the c2 there were enough material to produce 3 or more t3´s.

7. liberty send people gas mining, what i did with 2-3 other alliance members in a neighbour c4 (static). I did saw your killmails but i didnt saw any module that can be used to do anything with mined gas. Thats extremly strange for wh living isnt it? [for this reason i stockpiled the gas that i mined for later use] but all other alliance members sent all mined gas to liberty. If you have destoyed anything in wh there should be a really huge amount of gas?

8. you wrote you have been found t3 bp´s but not 1 t3 hull, what happened to them?

9. liberty is offline last weeks, if i had stockpiled t3 hulls + possible subrigs i wouldnt be offline and would continue playing, but it seems theyre all gone. Again i cant use any t3 (i received lot of t2 ships before usato moved into wh but never a t3. Maybe theyre stockpiled, maybe theyre sold, maybe theyre given away? I dont know but my stand of information was that liberty agreed to pay t3 hulls to stop war. Then i left, in 3 weeks there can be happen a lot of things especially in eve, but the war stoppt. I was talking in local to the wardec ceo as he started the war and he told me he will destroy usato completely and never stop until anything usato is destroyed but he stoppt.

  DAMN IT!  Now I get the Catharsis Argentum analysis of the POS destruction and the unanswered questions that remain.  WHERE ARE THE T3 HULLS?  WHERE IS liberty's GAS?  Where.. ok, sorry, I can't write for a minute after that last sentence.  I need time to recover. (deep breath)  OK, so, I wonder.  Did U-S-A-T-O fulfill the terms of their surrender to Shut It Down?  What if they cannot pay their reparations?  Isn't this how WWII started?

  OK, none of this is my problem.  Thom has been politely kicked from the corp and I had a very nice letter from the CEO saying basically "thanks for the lesson".   The weekend is starting and liberty should make an appearance soon.  What will he have to say about all this?  I, for one, cannot wait to hear....

"Vexilla Regis prodeunt inferni towards us."
Dante Alighieri
Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
The man who lies asleep will never waken fame, and his desire and all his life drift past him like a dream, and the traces of his memory fade from time like smoke in air, or ripples on a stream.
Dante Alighieri

  A week or so had passed since my last entry and liberty was silent.  My watch list showed the big red dot during what had been his active times and there was nothing coming from  either him or the remainder of his alliance.  Had the big man been broken?  Was this truly the end of U-S-A-T-O?  Stand by for the most shocking... hah!  I have my own ways to build suspense without stealing the tricks of lesser writers...

  I felt in my bones that there was still something building up inside liberty and that he would have to have his say.  I decided to give things a nudge.

Re: Inferno

From: Bing Bangboom
To: liberty, Padreuk73, liamyth Nex

lib, Pad, Nex,

  I know in light of our recent problem that you might feel a bit peeved at me.  I just wanted to be sure you saw what Catharsis Argentum was sending me related to the situation inside U-S-A-T-O.  I told you he was no good but I suppose you blamed the messenger and couldn't accept it coming from me.  Its unfortunate that you had to pay the price for such a rat who abandoned you just when you needed assistance.

  I have noticed that you three have been much more limited in your playing time.  You know it was never my intention to drive you from Eve as I consider us all to be friends in a warped kind of way.  You certainly have added to my enjoyment of the game and I hope that I have made your lives more interesting.  As I described in my forum posting "Inferno" I didn't ask for what happened and, for now, my blood lust has been slaked.

  I must say in closing though that I am a little disappointed that your willingness to capitulate to Shut it Down was not matched by a similar action in our original war.  You would have saved yourself a great deal of pain and suffering if you had been so cooperative as to meet my demands which in many ways were just requests for your support of the New Order.  However, if you HAD then we would not have created the tale we all currently inhabit, our tiny part of the lore of Eve Online.  And that would have been a great loss to every one of our mutual admirers.  So I guess you knew best.

  I am going to forward another email from CA so you can know in the future who truly has your best interests in mind.

  Highsec is worth fighting for.

  Bing Bangboom
  Agent of the New Order of Highsec
  Belligerent Undesirable

  At the end of this message I attached the emails I had received from Catharsis Argentum which I've previously shared here so I won't post them again.  liberty still didn't answer but I did get an email from Thom's former CEO who implied that maybe I was a little to fixated on this whole "hammer liberty" thing.  I replied to him, acknowledging that I might have a problem in that regard and even agreeing somewhat that it was time to let this recent interaction go and move on to Code enforcement in other areas.

  And then liberty replied....

He fell so far there were no other means to lead him to salvation, except this: to let him see the people who were lost.
Dante Alighieri

Re: Re: IMPORTANT: Cease Fire In Effect

From: liberty
To: Bing Bangboom, Padreuk73

First of all Catharsis Argentum jumped the gun i was digging for intel playing along trying to find insiders in alliance just looked in wrong place for spie's and traitors i said to go ahead with talks i did not agree to pay anything out.

As you know bing for years i have opposed new order and any permit ganking why would i change this tradition i have so greatly upheld with a flip of the switch.

I am peed as hell after loosing value of close to 300bil isk to Syrax Vanity in bpo's ships materials and much more. Then to have this happen after trying hardest to route out any possible new order spies and sabitours like self bing.

was nearly building 15 tec3 ships and then personal assets all in all totaling nother few bil isk well words can not describe my temper then.

CCP when talked with them said that could do nothing about this as part of the game, no suprise their as they can be gutless at best of times and prefer the chaos of eve than a balanced universe.

That was the whole point of the game play that did usato againtst likes of new order cant be light with out darkness, though the way i liked it was head on confrontations than this low blow and dirty tactics but what else can i expect from new order and the code being just as gutless as CCP.

Im going to be concentrating on RL more now for bit till my anger subsides and I feel I can stand to fight with jumped up little gits again that like to knife in side than fight a good fight. Also when CCP get head out the clouds and see that EVE has become to one sided where to many find it easyer to gank peeps than fight for better EVE.

  As always a fascinating read.  Did anyone else know that the collapse of U.S.A.T.O resulted in a 300 BILLION ISK LOSS to liberty?  It also sounds like I underestimated the losses associated with the POS destruction.   I found the "CCP when talked with" part of the message interesting.  CCP apparently still supports some forms of awoxing.  But anyone who feared that liberty was about to give in to the New Order and become a Code compliant citizen of highsec will have their fears dispersed by his insults to me and my "gorilla warfare" techniques in particular and the rest of you in general.  He still burns with hatred and resentment.

  He truly is the bizarro James.

   And so this chapter of our story comes to an end.  I sent back a reply and, if he answers, I will share it in a post script but I'm content to move on and wait for another day when lib's anger subsides and he returns to fight against your faithful "jumped up little git".

Into the eternal darkness, into fire and into ice.
Dante Alighieri

Highsec is worth fighting for.

Re: Inferno

Haedonism Bot
I'm glad to see liberty is using paragraphs now.

Re: Inferno

Mike Adoulin
You magnificent bastard.

I salute you.

Re: Inferno

Anal Canal
Bing's story time is always the best.

Re: Inferno

Bing Bangboom
 Worldly fame is but a breath of wind that blows now this way, and now that, and changes name as it changes direction.
Dante Alighieri

  U-S-A-T-O is dead.

  Oh, it still exists.  You can look it up on Dotlan.  But the heart is gone, the life blood drained away, the soul fled into the outer darkness.

Behold....

  Let the record show that on the third of December, in the year 2014 AD, liberty abandoned the dried out husk of U-S-A-T-O and became the CEO of Phoenix Brave's (which I am pretty sure is improperly punctuated).  I suspect its other three members are his alts.

  Who would have thought, that just like ancient Carthage, that burning the place down, slaying all its inhabitants and plowing the earth with salt would result in total annihilation of a once proud empire.  And yet, so it has occured.

  Sic umquam tutela gero

 At this high moment, ability failed my capacity to describe.
Dante Alighieri
Highsec is worth fighting for.