Newbros and the New Order

Haytrid
So here we are. . . Ascending to freEve status.  I happened to make a new toon to run through the NPE just to see what they changed and it's pretty cool.  There are a *ton* of newbros out there flying around blindly.

I considered how this would impact New Order since the newbros are beginning their new life in the saviors space.

I am proposing a new program to help Newbros become compliant sooner.

After running through the entire NPE I had just over 1 million isk.  A bit of a stretch from the (very fair) 10 million required for the mining permit.

How about issuing a temporary permit to newbros for 1 million isk?  This gets them compliant long enough to learn the ropes and about the dangers of bot aspirancy and gives them some time to get the other 9 million together.

I feel early influence of newbros will go a long way to securing high sec in the future.

Thoughts?

Fly safe!  But actually don't fly safe:

But. . .

Be pure
Be vigilant
BEHAVE!

Re: Newbros and the New Order

Super Perforator
A permit costs 10 Million ISK.
Back in the day... before the new NPE, it cost 10 Million ISK.
Now with the new NPE it should still cost 10 Million ISK. No reason to change it.

The main problem with player retention now is, in my opinion, that after the "voice-acted" NPE suddenly the Newbros are dumped in the game with no direction.

Remember, ganking them helps new player retention... Gank them and invite them to join. Or gank them and tell them to go back to WOW.
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: Newbros and the New Order

Haytrid
I was not proposing changing the cost of the mining permit simply offering another level good for something like 30 days for genuinely new newbros.

Since I posted this I have finished running through all of the career agents and had 8.5 million.  I imagine most newbros are running through them all as well so should be able to purchase a permit very shortly after for the 10m Isk.

I do plan on especially ganking afk mining ventures in the career agent space as they are everywhere there.

I am curious what others thoughts are to the newbro phenomenon, it's impact on high-sec, and New Order, etc.

Re: Newbros and the New Order

Super Perforator
There are plenty of opportunities for genuine Newbros to make the money needed for a permit.

I think that the newbro phenomenon will have a negligible impact on high sec. Wait until the hype wears down.