**Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

**Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Veekay Tehsu
My name is Veekay Tehsu, and I hold 3,000 shares in the New Order of Highsec.  I was an active freelancer in service of The New Order of HighSec from August 2013 to December 2013.

During my time as an Agent I punished Bot Aspirant Miners no less than SEVEN times.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/32853731/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/32855689/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/33535443/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/35245943/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/35369079/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/35389635/ + https://zkillboard.com/kill/35389672/  (Ship and Pod)
https://zkillboard.com/kill/35409551/

However I have grown disillusioned with with the New Order.  When I joined I was zealous in my work, punishing the Bot Aspirant player, and when not capable of confiscating their ships I was an evangelist, spreading the good news of James 315 and The Code.  I had embraced The Code so wholeheartedly that I was willing to use my Main Account and Character for this task.

However I began to notice a pattern in my fellow agents, a certain mindset in the field.  I began to see that many of my fellow agents did this difficult task not for the satisfaction of Justice being served to a Bot Aspirant, but for the Permit Fees, for the sadistic pleasure of destroying “Miners”.

I am compelled to Bring Forward 13 Theses, much like Martin Luther posted his 95 to the Vatican those many years ago.  As The Code is a self proclaimed Living Document it stands to reason that it can discussed, be amended, and elaborated upon.

1. “ - Mining indulgences may be purchased for 10 million isk per character, and are good for one year, subject to forfeiture.”
++ The Code speaks of Indulgence, as though the act of mining is some sort of “Sin”, a foul act that dirties one’s hands.  That one can only be absolved from such a “Sin” by paying their ISK to a loose confederation of often authoritarian “Agents” that seemed to avoid being in any way the slightest bit empathetic to the plight of the shocked Miner.  Is it not possible that the New Order could seek to foster a more proactive and communicative relationship with the many Miners of New Eden?  Would it not be for the betterment of Hi-Sec that New Order Evangelists seek to calmly teach new players of what is expected of them rather than the heavy handed approach of “Single Strike to Suicide Gank”?

2. “- Miners should strive not only to avoid botting, but to avoid even the appearance of botting.” & “- Bot-aspirant behavior is not permitted.”
++ These rules seem to be all too similar to justify separate notations in The Code.  If the Miners of New Eden are to understand and adhere to the Code, brevity would be best, a singular statement that still provides a clear and encompassing message would serve best.

3. “- No AFK mining allowed. All miners are expected to remain at their keyboards at all times, and are required to prove their presence by responding in local when requested by the Supreme Protector or one of his Agents.”
++ Far too often during my time in the field, I witnessed my fellow agents violate this rule.  Choosing to strike first without warning, with no effort made for the Miner to repent their actions, to correct their ways.  I have personally experienced the power of a simple warning to find those that are Bots or Aspirant.

4. “- New Order territory is a safe space for suicide gankers. Miners are required to put aside their prejudices and treat gankers with respect.
++ This request of “Safe Space” flies in the face of The Code itself.  Is not the purpose of punishing Bot Aspirant Players to teach them that Nowhere in New Eden is safe?  Than how can we tell those that in violation of The Code, that they aren’t safe, but we Agents are?

5. “- Upon being suicide ganked, a miner should congratulate the ganker on his success. A "good fight" or "gf" in local is customary.”
++ This requirement is flawed in its expectation of the shell shocked Capsuleer.  I myself was too shocked when I was Suicide Ganked, those many years ago, to even respond with anything more than “What was that for?”  Perhaps asking that one not abuse or berate a fellow Pilot for their act of Ganking would be more appropriate.

6. “- No excessive mining. Miners should not fall into a routine of mining all day. I want well-rounded people in my system, not ice-mining machines.
++ I find nothing wrong with the requirement of moderation, as monotony can be the killer of aspiration to be more than just a miner in New Eden.  However the use of “I want” makes this rule seem to be more about the Supreme Protector than the Message of The Code.  Something that I feel causes an instinctive rejection by those that seek to remain independent.

7. “- Keep local clean. Miners should be courteous in local and should refrain from the use of profanity.”
++ This smacks of Moral Majority, the silencing of Free Expression.  Local is a public forum, so long as nothing is in violation of the EULA, then The Code has no authority over the expression of an individual in a public and unmoderated channel.

8. “- Respect for elected officials. As Saviour of Highsec, I acted as proxy when electing myself Supreme Protector. Miners should respect the will exercised by the people when they made this choice.”
++ This screams vanity, While James 315 may have founded the movement and wrote the first draft of The Code, it does /NOT/ make him the ultimate authority in such matters, Pilots of New Eden should be free to find their own peace with destruction, to find their own way to salvation from Bot Aspirancy, not to have it dictated to them by a Man they know little about at the time.

9. “- The New Order of Highsec continues to recognize The Mittani as the legitimate Chairman of the CSM. This determination remains the rule in all New Order territories.”
++ The Vanity continues, the very rule before this requires the Respect of Elected Officials, yet in this very rule denies the reality that the CSM is an elected Council, and thus they are Elected Officials that all must respect.

10. “- Prejudice toward minorities is not permitted. For the sake of clarity, this cannot apply to all groups claiming minority status, but only discrete and insular minorities, which are defined as suicide gankers, Goons, and others who oppose highsec mining.”
++ The Code seems to no longer be for the betterment of Hi-Sec, but instead becomes commandments of the writer’s personal beliefs, their requirements.  As this clearly singles out Goons, but doesn’t include them as ones who oppose highsec mining.  This feels like Special Privileges being granted to the friends of James 315, as afterall Rule #10 of The Code demands the respect of The Mittani as if they were still an elected official of the CSM.

11. “- If a miner does not wish to purchase a mining indulgence, he may still be granted a one-day reprieve, if he is able to correctly answer the Supreme Protector's Questions Three.”
++  The Indulgence returns, and yet as an Agent in the Field I was never instructed to ask such questions, nor what would qualify as “The Supreme Protector’s Questions Three”.  You demand too much of the humble Miner who has been sheltered by those that manipulate them.

12. “- Red Pen. On my desk there is a sheet of paper. In my desk there is a drawer. Inside this drawer is a Red Pen. If a miner commits an egregious offense or series of offenses, his name will be written on the paper with the Red Pen. If your name is written in Red Pen, the cost of an indulgence will be trebled and you will be at increased risk of bumping.
++ Once again The Code seeks to prop up the opinions of an Individual rather than be a guiding document with which Pilots of New Eden might seek to embrace and follow.

13. Failure of The Supreme Protector to monitor and discipline their wayward Agents.
++  The Agents are not held to any sort of accountability, they are not made to report their Suicide Ganks, their Permit Sales, or the Names of those who have been warned in the past.  If I were today to return to active service as an Agent of the New Order I would be free to issue permits and collect the fees, but would never once be expected to report to so much as a supervisor that I had done so.  Bot Aspirants that reject The Code can readily produce a counterfeit permit and none would be the wiser.  While the Message of Active Participation is solid, the current environment and enforcement of the concept is fatally flawed.

So I ask of you James 315, and to you my fellow Agents of the Code, What do you plan to do about these matters?  Will you remain in your ways as the organization rots from the inside out?  Or will you strive for the betterment of Hi-Sec, allowing the Code and the manner with which it is enforced to change in a positive way?

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Super Perforator
The New Halaima Code of Conduct is a living and breathing Institution.

"So I ask of you James 315, and to you my fellow Agents of the Code, What do you plan to do about these matters?"

We read the blog daily, and follow the words of the Savior.
By basing all your comments on only the original document, you are already discarding many years of Evolution. Several of your points are outdated and therefore no longer relevant.

Maybe do your homework before producing walls of text?
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Veekay Tehsu
If you truly believe that one must read the entire blog's history to comprehend The Code, than you have accepted your mission to educate the masses a failure from the beginning.

The classic bumper sticker links to the the original Code Document, that is their first introduction to the rules they are being expected to follow.  Then why are you surprised that they reject The Code when their first impression is to find a messy and corrupted with self interest and special favors list of commandments from a self proclaimed Savior of HiSec?

So yes, Super Perforator, I /DO/ my homework, and I find it appalling that you would choose to follow a man that would lead you to destruction as he seeks personal gain.  Instead of seeking true salvation of Hi-Sec, where miners would police themselves, where agents are seen as mentors not as disciplinarians.

It has been well documented in psychology for many years, that rapid change creates resistance to that change, even if it is for the better.  My prior essay, the one featured by James 315 on the blog itself, has evidence that my case of going from miner to agent is atypical, I was already predisposed to the idea of attacking bots and AFKers, The Code was merely a vindication of my prior ideals.

I  am however glad to see that I am being engaged in at least some form of debate, and here I was worried that I would silenced outright for daring to speak out against The Code in its current form.

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Haedonism Bot
Burn the heretic!

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Super Perforator
Terrible feeling of deja vu here.
You are not the first person and won't be the last to come here like this and talk like this. You do sound a lot like "Terry from Canada".

Anyway:

Apart from what you are saying, I take issue to the way you are saying it:
"It has been well documented in psychology for many years, that rapid change creates resistance to that change, even if it is for the better."

Where has it been well documented? And by whom?

I am on the side of my consultant, that psychologists are superfluous, like a 5th wheel on a bike...

"So yes, Super Perforator, I /DO/ my homework,"

If you had done your homework, you would not have spewed out the same crap that several people before you have done. You have not informed yourself about the Living and Breathing New Halaima Code of Conduct.... you claim to have ganked 7 ships (and one pod) and claim to have donated 3 Billion ISK to the cause. That is not much in the way of credentials.

"I find it appalling that you would choose to follow a man that would lead you to destruction as he seeks personal gain."

Pretty much the first thing that James said was that this is all for profit.

It does not stop him being right, however.

And you find it appalling? So what? Many carebears find it appalling.

And I am not worse off for doing James' work. My ships can be refunded by the SRP (that has already spent hundreds of billions replacing New Order vessels) and I get to sell the loot I make as well. I have even used some of this profit to buy shares... something like 10 times the amount you have spent. I am not being "lead to destruction", but rather I am being "lead to profit"... and even were James' mission not noble and for the good of all, I would still be profiting.

"I was worried that I would silenced outright for daring to speak out against The Code in its current form."

Noone reads these forums.

And you are not speaking out against the New Halaima Code of Conduct in its current form.... like I said... it has changed and these changes have been well documented and discussed. You just cannot be bothered (like all the other carebears out there) to inform yourself. If you are too lazy to keep up to date, why should people discuss with you?

Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Veekay Tehsu
Super Perforator, I was not aware that we were holding these posts to the collegiate citing standards, would you prefer APA, MLA, or Chicago?

Anyways, regarding the source for my prior claim, I foolishly presumed that this would be an educated debate or discussion and didn't expect that I would be confronted over a lack of in-line sources.

"Interpersonal Process in Therapy: An Integrative Model"  Edward Teyber, Faither Teyber, pg.136

Now there is some difficulty in getting at the more indepth sources as you can see due to paywalling of the more in-depth studies of the concept of Psychological Resistance

Regarding your view of my credentials, I merely added them to the post to show that I'm not just some random out there griping about The Code.  It was to show that I once believed in The Code wholeheartedly, that I had acted in service to The Code over a period of 5 months, life can be a jerk in ways that can preclude the playing of games like EVE Online.

Now this is rich, you deride me for being lazy, for not reading years of posts, posts written in a condescending manner towards the people it's supposed to help.

"And you are not speaking out against the New Halaima Code of Conduct in its current form...."  Not in its current form?  Then what would you call this form of The Code?  While knowing full well that it's often the first thing a newly ganked miner gets a chance to attempt to process outside of the conversation, if at all, with the ganking agent.  Dig through the Posts of this blog, you know that to be true, or do you require that I post such links as well?

My favorite part though has been that I am confronted not with counter arguments about the inherent corruption written in tennents #5, #9-13.  Instead I am told that I'm wasting my time by posting on this forum.  Is this not the minerbumping website?  Is it not the Minerbumping Forum?  Since I seek to make my concerns known to the Minerbumping community, one would presume that this is the correct forum for such a message.  If it is true that no one reads these forums, how is it there are 300+ views of this thread, and 3 replies that have not been written by the original poster by the time of this post?

Then again, I should not be surprised that I would face resistance, as after all it rather well documented that people will instinctively resist change.

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Haedonism Bot
I like how much effort you put into this. Because I find it amusing to watch a whinging carebear running around in circles wasting his time. A bit like a hamster on a wheel, just less intelligent.

I'm not sure what you expect to accomplish by this. Antigankers already believe all this rubbish, it echoes all the points they have been droning on incessantly about for years. Agents of the New Order are already aware of all these arguments and have already rejected them. That's why they are Agents of the New Order and not antigankers.

My suggestion, miner, is that you buy a mining pemit for 10 million isk and resolve to obey the CODE. And perhaps read it a bit more thoroughly this time.

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Super Perforator
Take your choice on how you want to present your posts... whatever standards you think. Just know that if you start with things like "it is commonly accepted" then we just roll our eyes and say, in our private channels, "here we go again".

Not sure what any studies about with Therapy has to do with Eve Online.... but if you think it relevant... well I guess.

Your "5 months" of "supporting" do not mean anything here. Your current actions and words are all that is relevant, once you start sperging text like you have.

And as for these forums... they are the forums on the blog.
Look at the number of posts, and the number of times they have been read. I am one of the few that stops by here. That is only because I am looking for the next story from Bing.

There have been other forums. There are other methods of remaining in contact online. Forums are so 2012.
There are some active discussions, philosophising (and so on) about the Code. There is even a collection about the most relevant updates to The Code for applying to miners and changes in EVE... linking the blog posts.

The reason you are not reaching many people interested in a discourse is that it has all be done before. You bring nothing new to the table. No new perspectives... just the same whining carebearisms.

If a miner (for example) does not follow the Code, he is eligible to be blown up. As often as necessary. It does not matter if he feels shell-shocked or violated by this process. This is a computer game, and that is his problem. Not ours. We have started getting more proactive outside of High Sec, James wrote about that, and the reasons why.

"The time for warnings is over, now is the time for payment" - April 2014
Ask your local weapons trader for the Super Perforator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G0RIbxGxQc

Re: **Notice Hammered to James 315's Pod** Veekay Tehsu's 13 Theses

Almondo
This post was updated on .
Im would be not so sure about that man...
In my opinion the best bot for eve online is here
https://mmoauctions.com/eve-online/bots-cheats