Permits aren't Bulletproof

Lostpop
One of the primary citations for corruption i have seen within the New Order is the assertion that miners are being ganked despite permits. Are there provable cases of this happening? I believe the majority of these "victims" failed to read the Code in its entirety, and did not note that permit holders still have to follow the rules. You still cant go afk.

Re: Permits aren't Bulletproof

John E Normus
After ganking some scumbag the other day a permit holder convo'd me and told me that if I was going to gank in Kino I was going to need a "ganking permit."

I know, crazy...

I informed him that he owed me 30 million isk to clear up his red pen and an additional 10 million for a new permit.  It felt so old-school that I half expected Droopsack to "hehehe" me in minerbumping.  Of course he refused to pay so I killed his mack and podded him.

5/10 mack and a shitty pod, he should have paid.

rasputin2 is flying a false permit, kill on sight bitte.
John XIII, proud member of the MinerBumping channel, October 2012 - February 2014.  RIP you magnificent bastard

Re: Permits aren't Bulletproof

alanacharenteng
Now that you mention it, whatever happened to Droopsack?

Last time I saw him he was linking capital KMs :)
John XIII, proud member of the MinerBumping channel, October 2012 - February 2014.  RIP you magnificent bastard

Re: Permits aren't Bulletproof

Snargle
The important thing to remember is that a permit is not a "Get out of CODE free" card.  You can have a permit and be non-compliant, and the blog is full of stories of exactly this situation happening.  If you have a permit, you still need to be checking and replying to agents in local, polite, and aware of your surroundings while taking active measures to protect yourself.  In short, you still need to follow the CODE.

It is possible for a permit-holder to get ganked.  It is not possible for a CODE-compliant permit holder to get ganked.

On a related tangent, this is why it's always a chuckle when you see Anti-Gankers ganking (or trying to gank) permit holders.  They labor under the delusion that this somehow undermines the legitimacy of the New Order when, in fact, it's a necessary service: the checking of permit-holding miner to ensure that they're keeping compliant.  They do James work, if only unwittingly.