The Salvation of Gamis

123

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Lanaya
It does sound like it's becoming a hotbed of rebel activity. Perhaps I'll drop by once my damage is a little less pitiful. The rebel miners need to be taught about the horrors of bot-aspirancy.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Scylla ofMessia
We can work with pitiful damage. The more the merrier. Come on out! ;)

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Lanaya
Haha, perhaps I will fly on down tonight then! I believe Gamis is about 29 jumps from my current home location of Paye...but no distance is too far for me to spread the Code.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Shinhwa
You just gotta love how the New Order brings people together. Its like a dating service for the best pilots of hisec.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Lanaya
If the carebears are anything to go by, the smarter pilots as well! Though I'm unsure of how fine a pilot I am, I learn from my mistakes. Every death is another step forward. I find it humorous that the carebears complain of ganks against newbies when players like me, a mere few months old at best, are moving to clear the high sec of their poisonous bot-aspirancy.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Scylla ofMessia
Send me an Eve message (Scylla ofMessia) and I'll give you more details. Everything you'll need (supplies and rebels) are nearby.

Plus, someone posted this in the minerbumping channel, and now I really want to try it: Kill with noobships

Harbinger O'Tears has already joined the front. Come on out!

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Lanaya
It is done! I am now stationed nice and cozy in my new home of Gamis. For now, I need some sleep, but I'll be sure to message you in the morning. The first thing I did upon arrival was check the bios of the locals. I was saddened that of the eighteen, only one sported his permit proudly. Still, none of their bios sullied the Code either so they might yet be taught the errors of their ways.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Lanaya Lenneluc
Hooo, you got some live ones in Gamis. I looted a miner wreck (sadly that I had nothing to do with) and I seem have drawn a few corp members into station camping me. It's an amusing learning experience. Nice to know a bit more about mechanics as well. The corp's called Zero Tolerance. Sounds vaguely familiar. Have they been part of Gamis' rebel problem? On that rebel note, I found a container belonging to a carebear named Plumb Blood with some insulting commentary on the Code.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Scylla ofMessia
Gamis has been pretty standard other than when I let rebel Kenji smash my poor cat.
Kill: Meeeeee. He had his Naga sitting in the field, protecting over fickin's retriever (afk/no permit), but I really didn't think much of it. He locked me, but I still didn't waver. I was willing to put money on him failing to stop the gank. Whoops. Keep fickin in your mind.

Anyway, I got popped, then returned to business as usual. I saw fickin but decided to embrace the other retty in the belt.
Kill: Carrcas van-Hor

Local didn't have much to offer except for a o7 from the one Code-compliant miner and the random profanity that I seem to inspire.

[1 hour later fickin is still sitting in space, being watched over by his t1 drones. After I began the assault, I realized he never even repaired after the failed gank.]

Kill: fickin
Kill: fickin (pod)

So it goes.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Sasha Nyemtsov
Hi Scylla,

I have joined you in the area of Gamis, all the way from my stomping grounds near Arant. It's time for me to investigate new areas of Bot-Aspirancy and defiance. Today, I'll be reconnoitering and bookmarking Gamis and the surrounding area.

If I encounter you I'll hail you, not with my ganking alt - a long way to travel to an unprepared system, with negative sec status - but with another, less obviously formidable character.

I don't usually do Ice Belts. According to Alikchi (whose 3-part ganking guide on themittani.com is a constant companion), ice belts are chosen because of the sheer numbers of afk-ers and bot-aspirants from whom to select a worthy educational opportunity. It will be a new experience for my new-ish characters.

Klaus

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Lanaya
A right party Gamis is becoming, eh? The more the merrier Klaus. Earlier in system I saw 51 pilots in the Gamis system. 51! As a newer pilot, I think that's the most I've seen excluding trade-hubs and systems outside Jita. Very surprising as well, considering how small the system is comparatively. The oddity of it prompted another round of bio-checks. Nothing obvious, so I remain baffled. Perhaps the ice in the system is worth more than I thought, but a quick check of belts showed me an astounding one Retriever which promptly jetted off once my Catalyst appeared! A fun sight, considering I was only scouting (I cannot solo anything yet at a mere 300 dps), but I was also happy to see a code-compliant miner.

Perhaps Agent Pond and Agent Scylla's efforts are doing more to further education in Gamis than we had thought? I sincerely hope so, for their sake.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Sasha Nyemtsov
Hi Lanaya,

Thanks for the shout. I used to have the same reaction when my Catalyst appeared in most systems. These days, there's nothing innocent about our favourite ship alighting among the carebears. So they flee as soon as they spot it. They don't ever see mine unless it's undocking, warping or shooting!

No, I have to use a different ship for scouting. It has all the scanning stuff and a bit of speed. Apparently you don't need a cloak, as long as you can appear sufficiently innocent. I am completely innocent .

I'll look out for you, Lanaya. Happy Hunting!

Klaus

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
I am genuinely touched by the little community forming here. I'm sorry I've been a little absent the past few days; Real Life can sometimes get in the way of Code enforcement but fear not I have a shipment of twenty new justice boats arriving soon.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
Today we induct Agent Harbinger O'Tears as a Knight of the New Order.

Hemlock Tallon's booster Retriever made no effort to align as the Knights made range. I think we all recognise a botter when we see one.

I would also like to welcome Agent and Knight-Aspirant Shion Bukake to Gamis. Two attempts at Code enforcement so far, and pretty soon she will get that magic first killmail.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Shinhwa
Huzzah! What fantastic work going on in Gamis.

btw: A catalyst lossmail from CONCORD is enough to qualify as a Knight of the New Order. The Order rewards effort. The results will take care of themselves.

See Baptism By CONCORD in this article:

http://www.minerbumping.com/2012/12/how-do-i-join-knights-of-order.html

We don't really base out of Kamio any more, but find a Knight and the process is clear, easy, and if undertaken by a rebel probably vomit inducing:

"At the direction of the Agents in system, he should use his Catalyst to attempt a solo gank upon a Code-violating miner. An Agent will tell him which miner to shoot, to avoid bringing Concord to the wrong spot, and potentially to help clear a Concord squad that needs moving. A miner in an asteroid belt will usually do the trick."

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
Well then, today we celebrate two new Knights!  Though the attempts were not solo, they were accompanied by a Knight in the spirit of friendship and the knowledge that the very new players would not have sufficient DPS for a successful enforcement.  I trust this is valid, and accept full responsibility as the supervising Agent.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

alanacharenteng
The only thing I love more than story-time, is story-time combined with picture-time. Keep up the great work! :)

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
This post was updated on .
It was a revealing morning in the Gamis belt today. Five unlicensed miners plied their horrific "blood ice" trade in paper-thin ships.  But when I announced my presence, all switched relatively promptly to more Code-suitable mining vessels.  Clearly we are having an impact for the better.

With no other Gamis Agents logged in, I pondered how to further entice them into licensing. It was then I noticed a Mobile Tractor Unit - an afk looting device - belonging to none other than Concordia Mayaki who had been killed and podded by a freelance agent not long before - and even better, killed legally via Agent Scylla's kill right after the recent hilarious gank-gone-wrong.  It could only have been more poetic if it had looted Mr Mayaki's own ship for me.

As Michael Feldman, host of the 1985 comedy interview and quiz show of the same name would say, Whad'Ya Know?

There was of course the problem of the illegal ice, which was now sitting in a blue can for any rogue miner to liberate.  Not on my watch. I warped down, flipped it, and tipped off a licensee who came out to procure it for more honourable purposes.  Never let it be said that we don't look after our Code-compliant friends.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
This post was updated on .
In the wake of EroticaGate, the CODE Enforcement Division in Gamis took a decision to show Mr Teg what happens when gankers get cross.

Nooblet McNoob > Kill: pot shop (Retriever) Ripard Teg sends his regards

(incidentally, my first solo kill!)

And so it began. Local serial offender corp Katapeltes continued their grubby resistance movement; bountying all and sundry including a licensed miner, whom I tipped off about pot shop's enforcement so that she could repurpose the equipment for compliant mining. She got 122 million of Katapeltes' ISK as a bounty for nothing more than cleaning up the spacelanes. Savages.  Nevertheless, interest in the Code spiked.

burtus antonioprimus > hey buddy you need to get out of your parents basement and go live a little
Clara Pond > hang on I'll get my bingo card
Wolf Bajwa > I could care less who you serve
Wolf Bajwa > get real
Wes Michaels > There's no justice.  Miners get blown up constantly.
Clara Pond > I think you mean "couldn't" care less
Wolf Bajwa > cool thanks for the correction
Clara Pond > well saying you could care less means that you care more than zero
Clara Pond > presumably that's not what you mean
Wolf Bajwa > maybe i do care more than zero but i still think you are just a pirate
Clara Pond > piracy is a CCP-endorsed career in eve, friend
Clara Pond > but I'm not really. I'm more of a freelance helper for those in need
Wes Michaels > Clara, if you are protecting someone and they lose 40 million in a retriever or so, do ya reimburse them?
burtus antonioprimus > crap i believe the word for this afk mining CODE is crap
Clara Pond > yes, if an agent ganks a Code-compliant miner by mistake, the miner is reimbursed. Of course you won't believe that, so I'm not sure why you asked.
Wes Michaels > Interesting, she said an agent.  Not anybody.
Clara Pond > we can't be responsible for freelancers obviously
Wes Michaels > ..Aha!
Wes Michaels > So you get paid to protect people, and if they get blown to hell by non-agents, oh well.
Clara Pond > generally you can tell them apart - Agents are inevitably polite, debonair, swashbuckling types
Clara Pond > freelancers are often crude imitators

And the pressure finally got to Wolf Bajwa:

Clara Pond > hi!
´╗┐Wolf Bajwa > ill pay you 20 mil a year if i dont have to put the thing in my name
Wolf Bajwa > in my profile i mean
Clara Pond > I appreciate your efforts, but if you don't have that in your bio there could be an accident. it's the first thing Knights check
Clara Pond > I wouldn't want to take your money and risk that

We demand that our clients wear their licenses with pride.  Mr Bajwa caved.

Wolf Bajwa > ok im sending u 10 mil now
Clara Pond > thank you. I'll credit that to a corp license if you decide to go ahead
Wolf Bajwa > sent
Wolf Bajwa > so what do i put in my info then?
Clara Pond > "I support the New Order of Highsec and the Code and have been licensed by Clara Pond until 29 Mar 2015"
´╗┐

While I was busy in negotiations with Mr Bajwa, his corpmate pot shop (of dead Retriever fame) convoed me to negotiate her own license. Sadly for her, overthinking the fee cost her the second Retriever of the day.

Clara Pond > Hi!
pot shop > 10 mil for perit
Clara Pond > congratulations please send
pot shop > call off the ass hole
Clara Pond > ack
Clara Pond > I just did it was too late
Clara Pond > [07:00:17] Clara Pond > Wolf Bajwa  pot shop licensing
pot shop > you  owe me a ship
Clara Pond > [07:00:21] Clara Pond > don't kill
Clara Pond > bad timing I know, but you're not licensed yet
pot shop > you  owe me a ship\
pot shop > and you  think im gonna license will im still shot the fuck up
Clara Pond > I'm really sorry that happened the way it did, but we both know you were not licensed yet
Clara Pond > [07:02:41] Xenos Wiggin > Kill: pot shop (Retriever) literally 17 seconds before you said that :-/
Clara Pond > rest assured it will be the last one if you get Code compliant

Ms Shop sadly suffered the slings, arrows and antimatter of outrageous fortune at the hand of new Gamis bestie and Knight, Xenos Wiggin, who racked up an impressive number of kills in the system over the course of the day. She was not taking it lying down.

pot shop > i want my  shipreplaced i could not finish the contract becasue your asshat pilot was shooting me
Clara Pond > I understand your frustration
Clara Pond > I can't replace non-Code compliant vessels
pot shop > yea retreaver in contract for me when i get back to  station
pot shop > fitted to  how i had it
Clara Pond > I can't
Clara Pond > you weren't licensed
pot shop > dont give a fuck i was in the process shit should count
pot shop > i was about to send the money  then you pilot came
Clara Pond > I know the timing is horrible
Clara Pond > please don't swear at me
pot shop > well you lost 10 mil im doe here your and you code can go  die in a car fire fuck and eat shit ass hat

These are your chosen people Mr Teg. Does it count as emotional torture when I am abused after specifically asking not to be sworn at?  Maybe you could write a sanctimonious blog post about it.

I put Ms Shop on my "maybe later" license list and we finished the day with Mr Spirited...

Xenos Wiggin > Kill: Spirited (Covetor)
Xenos Wiggin > ain't nobody got time for mids

... and Radion Geten's 200m untanked Mackinaw.

Clara Pond > Kill: Radion Geten (Mackinaw) another unlicensed miner :(
Wolf Bajwa > :(
Chaotix Morwen > Yay another foolish untanked barge down! keep up the good work
Nooblet McNoob > Ripard Teg sends his regards
Nooblet McNoob > the killings will continue until Erotica 1 is freed

Mr Geten again demonstrated the simple, peace-loving nature of Mr Teg's constituency, leaving us all with a short Russian poem on the fragility of life in New Eden.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Shinhwa
I think I'll get one of those tear tattoos below my eye. Maybe then I won't feel the need to cry so much when I see such beautiful work by New Order agents.
123