The Salvation of Gamis

123

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
This post was updated on .
Something wonderful is happening in Gamis. Though most remain unlicensed, the Retriever has gained something of a (deserved) reputation as a deathtrap, and miners are bringing friends in Scimitars to watch over their tanked Skiffs and Procurers.

The Code - bringing people together since 2012.

A nice surprise greeted me on logging in today - a license fee from a random pilot Addison Wazowski with whom I don't believe I've had any interaction. Perhaps he spotted my educational can, or heard some tale from the locals? In any case, the Word is spreading.

I decided in honour of Sunday to adopt a Shakespearean theme to my Code enforcement today.  I settled in cloaked above the Ice Belt much like a shark. A friendly, helpful, caring shark.

Clara Pond > What are these So wither'd and so wild in their attire, That look not like the inhabitants o' the earth, And yet are on't? Live you? or are you aught That woman may question?
Clara Pond > You seem to understand me, By each at once his chappy finger laying Upon his crumb'd keyboard: you should be human, And yet your mining vessels forbid me to interpret That you are so.
Clara Pond > At least you are adopting Code-compliant mining ships. That is a start.

But soft, what darkness through yonder warp-tunnel breaks? A Retriever? Say it isn't so :(

Clara Pond > remain calm Gamis
Wolf Bajwa > saw that one coming
Clara Pond > For brave McNoob - well she deserves that name - Disdaining fortune, with her brandish'd blaster, Which smoked with bloody execution, Like valour's minion carved out her passage Till she faced the miner;
Clara Pond > Which ne'er shook hands, nor bade farewell to her, Till she unseam'd him from the nave to the chaps, And fix'd his killmail upon our battlements.
Clara Pond > Kill: lydamis Olgidar (Retriever)
Chaotix Morwen > clara pond nice work, keep fighting the good fight against the vermin known as bot aspirants
Nooblet McNoob > Ripard Teg sends his regards

There follow'd tales and much debate, of fair Erotica 1 and her Gate
'til o'er horizon slunk and crept, a Covetor - and Highsec wept

Clara Pond > Kill: mino laroccia (Covetor) please send all complaints to Ripard Teg
Clara Pond > 10m is cheap for a license, no?
Chaotix Morwen > It sure is...mind you a covetor will die anyway out here :D
Chaotix Morwen > btw various code members, what do you do with the ore of afkers and bot-aspirants?
Clara Pond > use it to build more Catalysts
Clara Pond > so  Wolf Bajwa do you feel your license has been good value so far?
Wolf Bajwa > apparently yes

Out of the mouths of babes.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Shion Bukake
Verily, lmao

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

The Person Pointing You Out
If you fly in hisec, ganker or not, you are a carebear.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
wegotabadassoverhere.gif

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Sidrat Flush
It's better if you target ships through the overview.

You don't have to rush after targeting a ship either - most won't notice, few will care, 1 in a 100+ will attempt to convo you.

Setting up different overview tabs will make your life easier and less cluttered for ever, alas the scope is wide and it comes down to personal preference, but here's a few barebone suggestions.

1. Belts, stations, gates (no player/npc entities)
2. Neutral and hostile ships, gates and stations
3. Drones (all types), gates and stations
4. A merging of 1 & 2

There's extra columns too, some more useful than others - again the order is down to personal preference, but the overview can be sorted in either direction on the column heading by clicking it once or twice.  The default is distance, so click that to return back to it.

It's been a while since I saw my overview settings in game, but in null it paid to be able to quickly see limited activity at a glance with a button click. It may take time to get used to of course, but it will pay dividends in future.

The default overview set up is so poor as to be useless.  I don't think there's a tutorial for it either, so new players and indeed veteran players think it's normal to have an overview as long as possible making it unlikely you see what you need to see.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
A shopping trip, a Red Frog delivery, and 68 more Catalysts stand ready to set Gamis and surrounds aflame.

But hark! What brigandry is afoot? Two Retrievers nestled together like pigeons on a guano-covered ledge; heedless of the hawks circling overhead.

Event DarkHorizon > The order with the inferiority complex is back. I hope that you euern have fun, I have my fun with you which ye are simply laugh.^^^^
Nooblet McNoob > Kill: lydamis Olgidar (Retriever) Erotica 1 sends her regards
Shion Bukake > we are simply helping you fellows to cease enduring this existence
Shion Bukake > <a href="http://#">Kill: Lydamisia Oliviera (Retriever)
Kenji Chimasu > Kill: Shion Bukake (Catalyst)  Kill: Nooblet McNoob (Catalyst) leave this space CODE!
Shion Bukake > poor chap
Nooblet McNoob > whoring on CONCORD kills doesn't count friend

A double team, double-kill for the dynamic duo of Derelik. And Agent Bukake's first solokill to boot. A great day. A red day.  I feel more Shakespeare coming on:

Nothing in their life became them like the leaving it; they died as two that had been studied in their death / To throw away the dearest thing they ow'd as 'twere a careless trifle.

Careless indeed. An hour and sixteen minutes later, after some light discussion on the nature of emergence in Local, Ms Oliviera was still sitting amongst the wrecks in her pod with CONCORD standing vigil.  Worth a Catalyst? Surely. Worth a science experiment in a Battle Ibis, to see if a podkill in 0.5 is possible under the nose of the fuzz? Most certainly.

As Stephen Fry, host of the comedy panel quiz show of the same name would say, Quite Interesting!

'Twas a near thing though. Perhaps a cheap target painter next time also. It's the only way to be sure.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
This post was updated on .
Code enforcement continues in Gamis, and it is turning into quite a hotbed of activity with Agents dropping in and out, miners licensing and later bending to the mostly empty threats of rebel gankers, and said rebel gankers talking a good fight in local.  Much emergence for everyone, and a wonderful experience for the wide-eyed newbies.

Gamis is not without its seedy underbelly though, none so much as Chey Chey Ransom who lost a relatively unremarkable untanked Retriever despite repeated warnings in local and from other miners.

An open and shut case, you would think. Ms Ransom had other ideas.

Politeness seems to get us nowhere. Maybe I should try being crude and abusive? No, it's not really in my nature.

Good heavens, had I unwittingly stumbled upon my nemesis?

I must admit, the thought of being stalked by all of Eve's mercenaries fills me with real life dread. I can't escape it. It's almost like being tortured.  All I could do was pull CONCORD off the belt, await my timer and contemplate my short, violent, miserable future.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Fabulous Rarity
Gamis...

might be the place to get baptized, no?

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
An excellent place indeed. I can supply an enforcement weapon if you need one. Welcome!

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
This post was updated on .
Love all, trust a few,
Do wrong to none: be able for thine enemy
Rather in power than use, and keep thy friend
Under thy own life’s key: be check’d for silence,
But never tax’d for speech.

Updates from Gamis, the south-eastern front in the war on bot-aspirancy, have slowed recently; but it is not for lack of progress, rather for an abundance of it that leaves us precious little time for documentation.

Today however, we have resolved a special operation that has been in planning for many days.  It is time to share it with our peers.  To wit:

Allow me to introduce Wiclaf - an anti-ganker of some persistence in the Derelik region. He has made quite a practice out of weaselling in on CONCORD's kills, with a particular soft spot for Agent Krominal.

Some days ago we had spotted him in the Gamis ice belt in his signature Blackbird, spreading false hope among the Procurer and Skiff pilots of Gamis that he could and would protect them.  A clandestine ship scan revealed him to be sporting a full rack of Gallente jammers and a Code-flaunting anti-tank.  This did present something of a pickle for our sub-2M skillpoint knights - of course we could simply use 5-6 Catalysts and be done with him, but a respect for ISK efficiency and the love of a challenge kept us searching.  Until we found this:

Yes the Cormarant - not as glitzy as the max-DPS rockstar Catalyst, but sporting two key characteristics: a near-immunity to Gallente jammers, and ability to fit bonused small blasters where all our skillpoints are concentrated.  Market alts were mobilised, skillbooks were smuggled out of Sendaya and we went about the honest business of Code enforcement waiting for our opportunity.

This morning dawned bright and clear, the beauty of the glittering ice spoiled only by the barges and exhumers crawling over it and cluttering the field with cans.  Wiclaf's misguided resistance notions have spread to others, with at one point a Thorax, Caracal and something Amarrian (honestly, who remembers Amarr ships?) haunting the belt.  We commenced psyops, eventually drawing off the defenders and siezing the opportunity to bag Mr Brinalle's Mackinaw under their very noses. They gave up in disgust, and as we put our boots up to wait out our timers, who should turn up to take the next anti-ganking shift?  Why it's Mr Wiclaf himself. We almost burst with excitement.

I settled in 10km behind him, cloaked and following his very wide orbit. There I stayed, wondering all the time if he would pull a Crazy Ivan and decloak me.  Some not insignificant time later his orbit brought him into line with our staging area, and the caper began.

WARP AT 20, overheat, safeties and SEBOs
we're 8km off him, approach and pre-lock, engage at 2km

all the time, the Faction Police are closing in...

ENGAGE!

Blasters smoking, rockets flying, scrams and webs and ECCM blaring.... oh my!

I'm jammed, nuke him!

Yes against all the odds, Wiclaf had rolled snake eyes on his Gallente rack and managed to jam out Agent McNoob in an ECCM Cormorant. It was a very good thing we had two ECCM Cormorants though. :smug:

Kill: Wiclaf (Blackbird)

These kills are never about the ISK; they are about the challenge of putting our knowledge and self-belief against another's and coming up Millhouse. GFs and genuine thanks were given in local, but not returned. Such is the nature of our foe.

To all our friends, peers and allies we say: never give up. We always fight from a position of weakness due to the endless nerfs to highsec PVP.  But they can't take away our murderous cunning and flawless execution.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Shinhwa

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Scylla ofMessia
The baddies have begun to spawn here in Derelik (Kill: Scylla ofMessia). Svarii was seen showing off that one in anti-ganking. He was so proud! :D

Despite our new friends in Gamis, the local Agents have soldiered on. Agent Nooblet McNoob and I found a pitiful excuse for a Mackinaw: Kill: PaVe Deninard. We quickly dispatched him in our Savior's name. We informed him about the what and why behind the gank. Oddly enough, my only response from him was "what a mess?" I like to think that PaVe's view of his carebear ways was at that moment crashing around him - his dream for an ice throne splintering to ruin.

Later, Agents Krominal, Keraina Talie-Kuo, and myself took down another illegal mackinaw: Kill: kram lock & Kill: kram lock (capsule). As of now, kram lock has dodged our attempts to help him get the one thing he sorely needs: a New Order Mining Permit. Will kram lock see the wisdom of such a bold move? Only time will tell.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Kalorned
This is a beautiful post, and I am super excited to see other agents now operating in my home system, evading and otherwise scorning anti-code individuals that have been a thorn in my side for some time now.  Wiclaf now believes by flying a Scorpion he can reverse a trend - first he tried using a Falcon, and I found a way to defeat him.  Then he moved to a Griffin and I still found a way.  Now, as Clara and friends have found a way to circumvent the blackbird, Wiclaf thinks he can spite The Code with a battleship - we will ensure the opposite happens, up until Wiclaf finally realizes that resisting the code is pointless.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Kalorned
Often times, rebel miners have a tendency to get cocky.  The reasons for this are numerous, perhaps they successfully evaded/survived a gank, maybe they learned how to fit their procurer/skiff to resist bumping, or maybe they've been sitting amongst asteroid dust too long and its playing with their minds.  Regardless the reason, the cockiness more often than not is unwarranted and eventually leads to a miners downfall.

Such was the case with Mellkinette of the Adam's Genesis corporation.  ADGE is a French speaking corporation that has operated in Gamis for months now.  Despite constant enforcement of The Code and numerous losses, they continue to attempt to mine in the system and resist The Code in every manner possible including occasionally forming defense fleets, which have also been thwarted on numerous occasions.

While patrolling Gamis this afternoon Mellkinette warped in to the ice belt with her mackinaw and a Orca by her side.  As I conducted a permit check of her bio, I found she was an ADGE member, and she also had an interesting bio

Based on the context, I surmised that Agent Clara Pond had attempted to take down the Mackinaw in the past but had sadly fallen short of the required DPS;  This gave me all the more reason to execute Code justice all the more expeditiously.  As I began to initiate bumping of the Mackinaw to throw the target off kilter, Mellkinette began attempting to warp off.  The bumping continued for another 30 seconds to a minute until Krominal and Keraina's catalysts un-docked and began warping to the target.  Unfortunately as the catalysts entered warped, I missed a bump and Mellkinette managed to warp away.

This leads to my opening paragraph - Having survived a previous gank, having evaded my attempted gank, and high off whatever kool-aid Code Rebels drink, Melkinette couldn't help but taunt me in local.  Just as I mentioned previously though, Mellkinette then made a mistake.  In flagrant disregard for the capabilities of CODE agents, Mellkinette almost immediately warped back to the belt in order to attempt to mine.  As she landed, I immediately began bumping again as Krominal and Keraina again un-docked for a second attempt.  Mellkinette had no such luck as her first encounter with myself this time around.  Team NOGA landed on site and began opening fire, melting away her mackinaw until it was nothing more then scrap.

As her ship exploded, I naturally had to respond to the previous taunt from Mellk.  Besides Code enforcement, I do after all take great pride in my ability to get on non-compliant miners levels when speaking with them.

Mellkinette thought that since she was a part of a rebel corporation, had survived a gank attempt, and had evaded another gank attempt she was immune to The Code.  All miners however eventually learn The Code is everywhere, and is always in effect, and that the only true tank is a permit tank.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Clara Pond
Bravo Agent Kalorned!  This makes me feel like singing:

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Super Perforator
(to the tune of: There's no business like show business, Irving Berlin)

There's no business like Code business
Like no business I know
Everything about it is appealing
Everything the traffic will allow
No where could you have that happy feeling
Than when you are ganking that mining scow
There's no people like Code people
They smile because they know
Yesterday they told you you would not go far
You bought a permit and there you are
Compliant mining, you're a Superstar
Let's all go with the Code.

Re: The Salvation of Gamis

Sasha Nyemtsov
Approved for use in all Highsec Systems..

Klaus
123